RCCL Gym & Spa

We have never cruised with RCCL before. Can some one tell us about the gym and spa on board?

How are the sauna, steam room and gym equipment?

We are sailing on the Liberty of the Seas in 2 weeks and were just wondering.

Haven't been on Liberty so I can't speak of her personally but the ships that I have been on have had very well equipped gyms. There are several treadmills and climbers. There are a few sets of free weights and nautilus type equipment. I'm sure you will find things to keep you busy. I haven't used the sauna or steam room so I can't speak from experience but many posters on these boards have given both of them rave reviews. I don't think I have heard anything negative.

We cruised the Liberty last fall and the gym was great. Plenty of equipment everytime I went to work out (mainly afternoons, I do hear it's super busy in the a.m.). I used the showers in the locker rooms several times and they are great. Stepped into the sauna and steam room and they seemed great as well. You will thoroughly enjoy the whole experience!

The Voyager and Freedom class ships have extensive gym and spa facilities - you will find everything you need to work out and/or relax.

The older ships always have decent gym and basic spa facilities, but can be pretty lacking when it comes to locker rooms, sauna, steam, etc.

The Freedom was very impressive. Plenty of machines, treadmills, weights, bikes etc...and if you happen to be into boxing....well, they have a boxing ring. For a fee, you can have a lesson, or spar.

DH did the sauna, said it was good. Overall spa experience was great. Loved my massage, but every massage I have had on RCL has been good if not great. Take advantage of it all, and if you take classes, you will earn ship shape dollars which you can turn in for little token souveniers, etc..

Happy cruising :)

Hey everyone:

Thanks for the info so far. It is good to know the gym and spa rocks. Is there an additional charge to use the gym, sauna, or steam room?

Thanks

No charge.

(I know others responded already...but I just had to tell you how your ID is giving me a good laugh- living in NJ I sometimes feel the same way! lol)

There are sauna and steam in each of the locker rooms on Freedom/Voyager class ships (and at least one of those on Radiance class) which are obviously not co-ed :) and there is no charge. Thermal suite areas (which are co-ed, have hot beds, aromatic steam rooms etc) do have a per day or per cruise cost. Spa services and certain gym classes have fees. Massages are on the pricey side, but usually worth it. Look out for the port day specials which are usually quite reasonable.

The thermal suite areas sound nice because I would like to spend time with my wife as we relax and use the steam room and other facilities. Does anyone know the price per day for the thermal suites?

Thanks again

We were NOT impressed with the spa facilities on Splendour. If you work out before a massage and take a shower, they do not have robes for you to put on. You either have to put clothes on or sit around in a towel. And you will be sitting in a coed public area. So, you might not want to be just in a towel or two. There was also some kind of class going on in the same waiting area, so it wasn't too relaxing while you wait, to say the least. Then after your massage, you will have lots of oil on your body and again, since there is no robe, you have to put on clothes just to walk to the shower area.

I don't recall this to be the case on other RCCL ships we have cruised, and we always get massages.

Archived