Movies on TV

crusinpeg

Does princess air the movies that are in the Princess Theater on the cabin TV's? Specfically the Coral Princess?

The movies shown in the cabin are not the same movies shown in the theater. The cabin movies will be listed in your TV guide for the entire cruise so you will know what is showing and at what time on what day.

As others have stated, “theatre” movies are shown at least once through the ship’s movie channel.

HOWEVER, be aware that the films shown on the ship are heavily edited. Not positive, but I believe they use the same standards and/or supplier the airlines use. Last cruise I watched “The World's Fastest Indian”, rated PG-13. 20% of the film had been cut out. The main character runs into a cross dresser who he becomes friends with and a used car salesman who curses and smokes a joint at one point. Instead of heavy censoring, the entire second act of the film was removed.

I've noticed the Theatre movies tend to be shown late in the cruise in the room, especially during the 2nd Formal night. Maybe they are trying to give those folks who prefer a quick meal in the Horizon Court on formal Night something attractive to do in their cabin. (note careful wording on that phrase ;) )

Archived