travel insurance for the over 80s

gizzigoo

I have a travel insurance question that may be a little different, :o but I am sure one of you wonderfully knowledgeable people who has travelled with aging parents will be able to answer it!:)

I know it's not exactly a cruise related question, but once answered I will know if cruising is an option for my Mum too. :D

I am planning on bringing my 84 year old mother from country Victoria to country Queensland for my daughters wedding.

My sister is sure that we can't get insurance for Mum as she is over 80 as one of my sisters friends did the same sort of trip without insurance and her Dad died on the way. Not a nice thought :eek:

This trip will involve a train, bus, plane and a car quite a long journey for a woman in her eighties who lives in a nursing home. And as I can't seem to find a carer for the trip I think it will be me.

So can we get insurance for a person over 80 and what sort and what cost would we be looking at??

Glenda :)

Glenda,

Plan B here covers up to 86 yrs.

https://www.worldcare.com.au/travel/tr01.aspx

Put the details into the form and get a price and checkout the PDS.

No medical coverage on domestic policies, so the insurance is for everything else. Medicare or private medical will pick up the medical stuff.

Geoff to the rescue as always ;) . We've used Worldcare the last 2 cruises - and will be using them for Hawaiian Discovery. Fortunately have not needed to test claims, however their quotes are almost half the cost of other companies. Not sure about Domestic (this may not be applicable)....their DUO Policy is cheaper :) .

B E V

Archived