Liberty notes - 8/23/08-8/30/08

Thanks for the good review! We are sailing on the Liberty in a few weeks!!:) Sounds like you had a great time.

I'm going to Grand Cayman in Dec. (on the Mariner) and have never been there before. Is the stingraysailing excursion you did part of the stingray city that I have read about? Would it be a good excursion to do with kids ranging in age from 6yrs. to 11/12yrs. We are going with another family and there will be at least 9 (if not more) of us.

Oh gosh.. we LOVED James Andrew and the staff. One girl from the CD staff got off on our cruise (the week before you). Brandon hosted our M&M and was very nice throughout the cruise. We LOVED Travis. Did you go see the Liars Club? Our cruise was the very first time they did that show and it was awesome!

We too felt 7days was not enough so we are doing a B2B next September. Hubby didnt want to get off in the ports (Eastern) because he wanted to see ALL of the ship! We LOVED the Liberty!

What is the Liar's club?

Thanks for the good review! We are sailing on the Liberty in a few weeks!!:) Sounds like you had a great time.

I'm going to Grand Cayman in Dec. (on the Mariner) and have never been there before. Is the stingraysailing excursion you did part of the stingray city that I have read about? Would it be a good excursion to do with kids ranging in age from 6yrs. to 11/12yrs. We are going with another family and there will be at least 9 (if not more) of us.

If your kids can swim, or are at least not afraid of the water, even the little ones would like this. Chip carries swim vests and life belts as well as child-size fins and gear.

Yes, these are the famous rays of Stingray City/Sandbar fame.

stingraysailing dot com :D Chip & Michelle

What is the Liar's club?

It was a BRAND new skit they JUST came out with on our sailing (8/16). It was supposed to be performed infront of crew first (that week) and then premier this week (the 8/23 sailing)... they went and did the live first... It is a version of the game show "to tell the truth".. I think it was HILARIOUS.. a not to be missed "show"

If your kids can swim, or are at least not afraid of the water, even the little ones would like this. Chip carries swim vests and life belts as well as child-size fins and gear.

Yes, these are the famous rays of Stingray City/Sandbar fame.

stingraysailing dot com :D Chip & Michelle

Thanks. Last question...What do you think of the excursion for older people who MIGHT be sensitive to motion? Our kids are good swimmers (even the 6yr old), so I think we'll check it out.

The Liars club sounds fun.

Thanks. Last question...What do you think of the excursion for older people who MIGHT be sensitive to motion? Our kids are good swimmers (even the 6yr old), so I think we'll check it out.

The Liars club sounds fun.

I am not at all sensitive to motion, but my son's friend was, and she didn't complain one bit!

Stingray City in the Caymans is one of our favorite excursions.

2140501870096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

Sorry to hear they jacked up the cost of the internet minutes, I really have to keep in touch with clients and have to monitor the e-mail, especially on a 3 week trip entailing 3 days in London, 14 days on the ship and 5 days in Florida fixing up our villa before the winter tenants come in, at least the rent pays the mortgage :D .

Many of my clients who are veteran teachers take the 1 year sabbaticals, keeps them from going bonkers and NY pays 70% of the base pay.

Well, I teach in a small private school, so no such deal, but I do keep my health insurance. :)

And that is the critical point.

For all the c--p she took as the discipline administrator in a JHS for 12+ years, the NYS retirement pension and the low cost retirement health insurance cost almost make it worthwhile.

And she doesn't have to dread this Wed. when it will be close to 90 and the school with no classroom a/c starts. At least the offices have air, but on bad days the kids misbehave to be sent down to the airconditioned discipline room rather than sitting in the stifling class rooms.

At least I just finished two tax returns which I promised for Tues morning, now I can enjoy Monday and the last day the town pool complex is open.

.When we do Coz the next time I want to do the Mexican Culinary Experience...

Welcome back Carol and really enjoyed your review. Ditto to what Jill said about the Mexican Culinary Experience.... gotta try that... have to first book a cruise that goes there:)

Also I liked the Somewhere in Time Production show on Liberty... I recall that was the one we saw on the pre inaugural.

Thanks for sharing.:)

Yep... Phil was "Whos Your Daddy".. he was pretty funny... during our show of Liars Club, I actually think he ALMOST peed his pants... one of the words was Hawzole... we had to find the definition... he BY ACCIDENT said *sshole and was MORTIFIED! He was really good!

Yep, same guy. He is a lot of fun.

Karaoke almost got out of his control one night. There was a large group from, ahem, Brooklyn, and they grabbed the mike out of his hand and sort of made it rather difficult for him. He handled it very well, but the whole situation was one drink away from a rumble.

Thanks to both of you...

Carol: Hope you have many cruises booked for your time off...

Emmy: We will have to talk about a Western Itinerary;)

We saw the Liars Club for the first time on the Millennium in January. Glad to see they're starting it on RCI. One of the funnist things I've seen.

I saw an almost identical show 4 years ago on Mariner, but it had a different name. And they even used a few of the same words.

Thanks, Carol, for telling us about your Liberty experience. We sailed on her last summer and booked again for summer of '09.

We'll be doing a western itinerary this time, and we have always been interested in the cooking excursion. Can you tell us a little bit about it? Dh wants to know if it's "mainly couples or ALL women"! Is it a lunch excursion? Where does it take place, and how do you get there?

Thanks so much!

Thanks, Carol, for telling us about your Liberty experience. We sailed on her last summer and booked again for summer of '09.

We'll be doing a western itinerary this time, and we have always been interested in the cooking excursion. Can you tell us a little bit about it? Dh wants to know if it's "mainly couples or ALL women"! Is it a lunch excursion? Where does it take place, and how do you get there?

Thanks so much!

When we did it last Nov,it was split..1/2 men/1/2 women.............you cook your own lunch and drink PLENTY!!! Its a RCCL excursion..........sign up and transportation is part of it...........

Thanks so much!

You won't really know who books your specific excursion, but as Kathy stated, it will probably be a mix. When we did it 2 years ago, 5 of my women friends went as a group and there was one married couple with us. It's fun!

I think they have 8 cook stations, don't they? So, yes, it's a nice small group.

Hmmmmmmmm.I dont know how many.......for some reason,I didnt think they take more than 16 people:confused: or somewhere around that...

Just looked at my pics and only see 4 stations with room for 4 people at each.......

Welcome back Carol. Glad that you enjoyed your cruise, and happy to hear that you loved the Liberty. I will be on her the end of Oct, and can't wait. First time on that class of ship. I also love Mariner, so Liberty should be awesome.

I'll have to check out the Liars Club, haven't ever seen it.

Did they have it during the day, or at night? What day of the cruise?

Glad Gustave didn't mess with you. Have fun when you return to FL also.

Archived