Liberty notes - 8/23/08-8/30/08

Just back from the Liberty of the Seas. With the price of internet rising onboard, I decided not to do a "live" thread, but here are some thoughts and reports "after the fact."

So, ask away.

:)

Hi Merion Mom - -

I head out tomorrow to hook up with the Jewel for her Westbound TA on the 8th.

May I ask how much the Internet prices were, ball park is fine. I was planning on staying connected.

Thanks,

g

Carol.....nice job on the review.

I have a question about the Sunset Beach Resort in Jamaica. Did you have to pre-book that or did you just go? If you pre-booked it....how? I don't plan on going to Jamaica any time soon, but you never know! We are scheduled to stop in Falmouth Christmas of 09. Would it be convenient to go to Sunset Beach Resort from there?

Jane

Welcome Back! Quick question, is the ship/rooms wi-fi? Can I bring my wireless laptop or do I need to pay the internet charges and use the ships computers in the internet cafe?

Even with your laptop,you'll still pay...........

Wireless Internet Access (Wi-Fi)

There will be six designated *"Hot Spots" which vary from ship to ship.

To use our WI-FI access, you'll need:

A laptop

Windows operating system

802.11b Wireless networking capability

The cost for Wi-Fi access through your own laptop is:

Base rate is $.55 per minute or choose from one of our prepaid packages:

$28.00 for 60 minutes

$38.00 for 90 minutes

$55.00 for 150 minutes

All prices are subject to change without notice.

The Internet Cafe/Workstation

These stations provide access to e-mail and the Internet, plus direct connections to favorite websites for stock, sports and entertainment updates. You can also send virtual postcards while at sea, and in ports-of-call worldwide. If you don't have an e-mail account, you can also establish one onboard.

The cost is $.55 per minute or you can choose a prepaid package:

$28.00 for 60 minutes

$38.00 for 90 minutes

$55.00 for 150 minutes

Available onboard all ships.

Prices are subject to change without notice.

I saw an almost identical show 4 years ago on Mariner, but it had a different name. And they even used a few of the same words.

Did you remember them?

I'm usually pretty good at etymology, but we only got one of them right!

Very strange words........

And YES, Phill, Travis, Jaimie and Brandon were a scream. :D

Hmmmmmmmm.I dont know how many.......for some reason,I didnt think they take more than 16 people:confused: or somewhere around that...

Just looked at my pics and only see 4 stations with room for 4 people at each.......

It's bigger now, PH. I remembering counting the stations.........then promptly forgetting. I *think* that it was 8, though, times 4, for a total of 32 max.

It's bigger now, PH. I remembering counting the stations.........then promptly forgetting. I *think* that it was 8, though, times 4, for a total of 32 max.

Racking in the money,huh?:p

ONE MORE for you.......20K!!

Welcome back Carol. Glad that you enjoyed your cruise, and happy to hear that you loved the Liberty. I will be on her the end of Oct, and can't wait. First time on that class of ship. I also love Mariner, so Liberty should be awesome.

I'll have to check out the Liars Club, haven't ever seen it.

Did they have it during the day, or at night? What day of the cruise?

Glad Gustave didn't mess with you. Have fun when you return to FL also.

it was at night, 10:30 I believe on Thursday night....sit up front.. its fun!

Night 5 - Grand Cayman

10 P.M. on ours.

:)

Hi Merion Mom - -

I head out tomorrow to hook up with the Jewel for her Westbound TA on the 8th.

May I ask how much the Internet prices were, ball park is fine. I was planning on staying connected.

Thanks,

g

Internet was 55 cents a minute on my last two cruises this year....I am Diamond, so I did get the $10 off, so that helped. They do offered packages for more minutes, but I do not recall what they are at this moment.

Those are still the prices.

The packages get the price down to 42 cents, 37 cents and something else per minute.

Welcome Back! Quick question, is the ship/rooms wi-fi? Can I bring my wireless laptop or do I need to pay the internet charges and use the ships computers in the internet cafe?

As PH8 so eloquently laid it out, you'll pay the same with wi-fi.

The advantage is that you can download your email (WHUMP!) and read it offline, and compose your replies offline, then go online (pay) only briefly.

Dag! You were paying closer attention than I was! :o

I'm not sure that "congratulations" are in order...........but thanks! :eek: :D

I wanna be like you some day!! If not in post count, at least in cruise count!!

As PH8 so eloquently laid it out, you'll pay the same with wi-fi.

The advantage is that you can download your email (WHUMP!) and read it offline, and compose your replies offline, then go online (pay) only briefly.

Super- and thanks for the quick response! Hope the weather is good for you in the parks and on the cruise next week:)

Carol.....nice job on the review.

I have a question about the Sunset Beach Resort in Jamaica. Did you have to pre-book that or did you just go? If you pre-booked it....how? I don't plan on going to Jamaica any time soon' date=' but you never know! We are scheduled to stop in Falmouth Christmas of 09. Would it be convenient to go to Sunset Beach Resort from there?[/size']

Jane

Sorry, fellow Mom. I missed this question before.

I *did* contact the resort ahead of time, but it really wasn't necessary at all.

Just bring $40 cash per person. They will accept credit cards, but prefer cash.

They will also tell you that it's a very short distance from the Montego Bay pier, which it is.

DO NOT WALK. Take a taxi. 'Nuff said.

http://www.sunsetbeachresort.com/

I even got my eyebrows waxed in the spa. ($15!)

I just looked at a map of Jamaica, and it looks like Falmouth (where they are building a dock that will accommodate the Oasis) is at least 25 miles from Montego Bay.

Did you remember them?

I'm usually pretty good at etymology, but we only got one of them right!

Very strange words........

And YES, Phill, Travis, Jaimie and Brandon were a scream. :D

vagitas, hawsole (I don't remember how to spell that), and that's all I can remember off the top of my head, but there was one more that I know I already knew from the last game.

Phill was hilarious in the Love and Marriage game as he tried to decipher the Oregon lady talking about her Rush Limbaugh tie. Did you see that?

Archived