why can't i get an obc?

outdrbik

We sail the Glory on 9/13 (12 days!!!) and I was looking at our cruise and it has been lowered about $40

We are on the inside and I guess when we booked we were automatically upgraded to an upper deck.

Anyways when I called to see if I could get an OBC for the difference in price they said no unless i wanted to be downgraded to lower deck and pay the fuel charge (since i booked back in March I didn't have to pay the extra fuel charge)

Does this sound right? I haven't spoke with my pvp yet, just other pvp's at carnival.

Yeah, same thing happened to me yesterday - I noticed my Glory sailing (10/11) dropped $40 pp from the original price for an inside guarantee. I called to see about getting the $80 obc, and the pvp was more than willing, but informed me I would go back to a 'tba' cabin - my IS has already been assigned, in a great location, so I'm sort of torn.

Take the $80 and roll the dice again on the cabin location, or stay where I am on the Empress deck (with cabins both above and below) and forego the $80.

What would you do?

OP at least they arent saying you have to pay the new fuel surcharge and can get the OBC if you take the downgrade.

As duck said, you have to look at the price of the catagory of the cabin you are in now, not the one you used to have unless you dont mind taking the downgrade. (thats up to you). I have a great cabin, so Im forgoing the decrease. Im guessing its the hurricanes coming thru now causing folks not to book last minute and the decrease in prices. Great prices.

We sail the Glory on 9/13 (12 days!!!) and I was looking at our cruise and it has been lowered about $40

We are on the inside and I guess when we booked we were automatically upgraded to an upper deck.

Anyways when I called to see if I could get an OBC for the difference in price they said no unless i wanted to be downgraded to lower deck and pay the fuel charge (since i booked back in March I didn't have to pay the extra fuel charge)

Does this sound right? I haven't spoke with my pvp yet, just other pvp's at carnival.

Yes, it's correct. You are assigned to a cabin that is a higher price than what you paid --- an upgrade. You would, indeed, need to be downgraded to a less desirable cabin in order to get OBC. This close in - and with an upgraded cabin - I wouldn't bother.

Those buying the less desirable cabin today will pay less than you did originally but would not be in an upgraded cabin.

It all balances out.

Yeah, same thing happened to me yesterday - I noticed my Glory sailing (10/11) dropped $40 pp from the original price for an inside guarantee. I called to see about getting the $80 obc, and the pvp was more than willing, but informed me I would go back to a 'tba' cabin - my IS has already been assigned, in a great location, so I'm sort of torn.

Take the $80 and roll the dice again on the cabin location, or stay where I am on the Empress deck (with cabins both above and below) and forego the $80.

What would you do?

I would stay with the cabin on the empress deck. It is already a good upgrade. If you don't mind being on the lowest deck, roll the dice.

But, personally, my favorite deck is the Empress deck. It is central to everything. I would KEEP IT!!!

You will have a great time, no matter what choice you make, I have been on the Glory twice and love the ship and crew!

Yeah, I'm leaning towards keeping the Empress cabin - we're right by the stairs, which is a bonus as it keeps us taking the stairs for the week so we can work off all that pizza and chocolate melting cake! :D

$80 isn't worth a bad cabin location. Thanks for the input.

Archived