Few Passport Questions (ammended passport and minors)

I have a few passport questions:

1. Mine was ammended in 2002 for my married name, in 2005 the State Department stopped ammending passports and started issuing new ones when a name is changed. Am I OK with my ammended passport (expires 2010)?

2. DD is almost 3, we got her passport when she was 3 months old. Should we be OK with such an outdated photo?

3. Who signes DD's passport? Just one parent, both, or none?

TIA!

1. Your amended Passport is fine, you may have to point out the name change in the back to folks who don't realize they still are valid.

2. DD passport is fine as long as it is still valid; its those rapidly changing faces that make them only valid for 5 years, unlike adult passports.

3. One of you prints your child's name, signs your own name and puts your relationship in parenthesis next to your name. "Susie Smith, Mary Smith (mother)"

http://travel.state.gov/passport/fri/faq/faq_1741.html#ca63

FinallyConvinced,

You should be fine with your passports. Just as long as they don't expire within six months. Some countries will not let you enter if your passports expire within six months.

Chris

--------------------------

Free Cruise Checklist

http://www.10000elephants.com/clist.html

Chris.........I believe that RCCL will not let you cruise with them if your passport will expire within the next 6 months.

Rick

OP is going November this year, neither passport expires until 2010, so the six months issue is moot in this case.

The 6 month validity question is entirely due to SOME foreign country requirements. The US will accept a US passport up to and including the expiry date. Cruiselines will accept a passport with less than 6 months as long as all stops on the itinerary will accept it. It usually takes a phone call, however, as the online check-in computers are programmed to hiccup at less than 6 months.

FWIW, all round trip from the US itineraries at this time qualify with less than 6 months expiry. As do the one-way Canada/Alaska routes.

Archived