Cruising with 2 kids under 2 yoa

DaisyGirl55

I just returned from crusing on the Carnival Glory. My group included my 3 grown sons, their wives, and my 2 grandbabies: Makenna (19 months) and Braden (9 months).

Thanks so much to all who posted tips and encouragement on this board. From your packing suggestions, to how to handle excusrion transportation, the swimming pool brought from home, and so much more- all of it helped.

We had a wonderful time, and actually made it through dinner in the dining room all 7 nights. The staff and crew were wonderful, and always had a smile or a wave for the kids.

We had adjoining oceanview cabins with my oldest son, who had Braden in his room with Makenna in mine. It really helped to have the two rooms at nap time, as well as giving the kids a bit more space to play in.

I would not hesitate to cruise with babies again, and encourage all of you who are thinking of doing it. Of course, the kids were watched by mom and dad and grandma and grandpa, so we all split the time with the kids. We all had baby time and couples time.

The memories, the pictures, the fun of cruising with my entire family...as the commercial says...priceless!

We either emptied the pool in the shower area, or by the run-off area near the kiddie pool. The small blow-up pools do not hold much water. Mostly just enough for the baby to splash in and cool off, so no trouble dumping the water, Just don't throw it in the pool!

Hi daisygirl55! Thanks for sharing your experiences. If you don't mind, could you give me some info about how you handled transportation in Cozumel? I am travelling with my 7 y.o. and 18 m.o. in 6 weeks, and we would LOVE to go to Paradise Beach (DH and I have been there before and have fond memories). I'm worried about transporting the baby. My eldest can buckle in (if available), as he is tall, but I don't know what to do with the little one. Did you carry car seats? Were there cabs with seat belts? Or did you do something else? This is stressing me out, so I hope you can help! Thanks in advance!

Archived