New Bingo Handhelds

chazg

All,

If what they told us was correct, the LOS debuted the new Bingo Handheld Electronic Machines. These machines are like big wireless devices that takes all the work out of playing Bingo. They automagically mark the on screen bingo cards with the numbers that have been called. It will pick the best cards as the numbers are called and ding when you are 1 number away, and also tell you when you have Bingo.

The Prices were:

$31 for a 6 Card 4 Game Pack

$65 for a 18 Card 4 Game Handheld (with Free T-Shirt)

Not completely sure of the last one but this is what I remember

$95 for a 30 Card 4 Game Handheld (with Free T-Shirt)

It seems that most of the winners where using them so for the players using the cards it seemed like there was no chance to win. On the first game I played they upgraded the first few Card Pack Winners to Handhelds.

Not sure if any other ships had them but just wanted to get the word out there that if you want to play Bingo be prepared to spend a lot of money.

Thanks for the info. On the one hand, it sounds like it takes the fun out of playing Bingo! :p On the other hand, it takes the fear away that you've missed marking a number. :D

If available on our Independence cruise I'll probably have to give it a try. :cool:

Gotta love those "free" Bingo t-shirts. Goodness knows how much I've paid for mine. :o :rolleyes:

All,

If what they told us was correct, the LOS debuted the new Bingo Handheld Electronic Machines. These machines are like big wireless devices that takes all the work out of playing Bingo. They automagically mark the on screen bingo cards with the numbers that have been called. It will pick the best cards as the numbers are called and ding when you are 1 number away, and also tell you when you have Bingo.

The Prices were:

$31 for a 6 Card 4 Game Pack

$65 for a 18 Card 4 Game Handheld (with Free T-Shirt)

Not completely sure of the last one but this is what I remember

$95 for a 30 Card 4 Game Handheld (with Free T-Shirt)

It seems that most of the winners where using them so for the players using the cards it seemed like there was no chance to win. On the first game I played they upgraded the first few Card Pack Winners to Handhelds.

Not sure if any other ships had them but just wanted to get the word out there that if you want to play Bingo be prepared to spend a lot of money.

We liked them as it made it easier. However, we certainly played less due to the price. We normally play each game and that is for each of us. This cruise we played one hand held for the 2 of us and less games.

It will be interesting to see how this works as a money maker for them. I noticed that the sessions were not as crowded as on previous cruises. Even the last Winner takes ALL was not as crowded as it had been.

HA!!

What a useless expense!

I used to enjoy playing Bingo on a cruise...when the prizes were generous - and they were cash.

Cards were 3/5.00. It was progressive Bingo; the last night having a huge jackpot of cold hard cash.

I won $4000.00 once on the last night. I've seen others of 2-3000.00 go.

Now, they charge an arm and a leg and the prizes are mostly crapola.

Nope, not for me....but good luck to those who play.

I tried it on NCL Pearl. It was cool. I did win $1200. Since you play more card at a given time, in theory your chances of winning are greater. At the session I was at all 4 winners used the handhelds. Downside is they are expensive.

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have always enjoyed playing Bingo on RCCL BECAUSE they DID NOT have the machines that NCL had implemented a few years ago.

In my opinion it takes the fun out of being at Bingo.

With the use of machines there is less time for fun banter and you pay more.

It was always fun to go to Bingo when everyone joined in on the jokes and cute little Bingo phrases.

Using the machines you almost don't even have to be there.

At least on my last NCL cruise I did witness a winner on a paper card. That made me at least feel that there was a chance for everyone.

However, if it is all going to be electronic I think I will stop playing.:(

More time on the pool deck for me and less revenue for the Bingo pot.

Bingo used to be one of the fun things I did frequently throughout the cruise. We played the electronic bingo on NCL in May. I won the first time I played, only $38 because I shared with several others. But it sure was pricey...and then each day they raised the prices. As a result, I only played twice the whole week. It's not so much fun, when it cost SO much! :mad:

I think (and hope) that they do lose revenue on this type of bingo as a result of folks playing less. Maybe they will lower the prices (there is no reason for it to be so much), or go back to the old way.

My wife played using the cards on NCL Spirit last year while most people chose the machines. NCL was definitely pushing the machines. They way over charged for the cards compared to the machine. But another problem with the machines is if you don't pay close enough attention to the board, or they don't hear you call Bingo, and call another ball, NO BINGO. Actually saw it happen, and we heard the person call bingo. They did not pay the person.

They had machines as much as $100. per round. These had as many as 124 "cards" per game. Really takes the fun out of it.

Archived