military discount

travelingran

Yes they do, amount of discount varies for each cruise. You do not have to be active military, veterans are eligible also but you have to ask for it. They will not automatically give it. They also offer a union discount if you are a union member, but both discounts cannot be applied. I compare to see which one is higher :cool:

does ncl give military discounts to vererans? we received a nice discount from carnival. you did not have to be presently in the military

The amount does vary depending on the length and cabin catagory. On our PC cruise it saved us over $1000 on our AE. If you want to see the discount amount the promotion code is currently "PGMIL". Just enter it on the web site. It's on the same page you enter the # of passengers and your age.

Guest Anorak33

Serving or retired British Army/RN/RAF soldiers/sailors/airmen need not apply - in my experience we are not included in the scheme.

I have made representations about this but they fell on deaf ears.

Now NCL are trying to hit the European market bigtime maybe its time they revised their policy on this, especially as many of their cruises in the permanently Europe stationed ship are being quietly sold off via a clearing house at huge discounts in order to fill the ship - and that I have taken advantage of, better than booking in the US for once.

We booked a New England/Canada cruise next month using the "military discount." Instead of $499 per person for an interior cabin, we paid $481.05. Not much of a discount in my eyes. In our experience, Carnival seems to give much better discounts and upgrades. We were always given cabins klocated on higher decks. Our October NCL cruise is on the lowest deck. I'm not too thrilled about that!

It's not always bad... we were able to snag an aft BA for $400 (over 20%) off the going price by using the military discount. :cool: But I'll admit, this is the first time in DH's three NCL cruises we've been able to utilize the military discount; it wasn't offered on his other two sailings.

My hubby was honrably discharged from USMC reserves. He served 8 yrs. Would we get to utalize this discount?

If you send a request to Militarydesk@ncl.com they will send you a form to complete. I don't like that you never get a response that you qualify or you don't. My PCC says if you don't qualify they just remove the promo code and re-price the reservation. You do have to bring a copy of your ID or DD214 when you embark.

If you send a request to Militarydesk@ncl.com they will send you a form to complete. I don't like that you never get a response that you qualify or you don't. My PCC says if you don't qualify they just remove the promo code and re-price the reservation. You do have to bring a copy of your ID or DD214 when you embark.

Thanks! I have a copy of his DD214's that we use when we cruise with Carnival.

We booked a New England/Canada cruise next month using the "military discount." Instead of $499 per person for an interior cabin, we paid $481.05. Not much of a discount in my eyes. In our experience, Carnival seems to give much better discounts and upgrades. We were always given cabins klocated on higher decks. Our October NCL cruise is on the lowest deck. I'm not too thrilled about that!

It totally depends on the sailing, whether it is NCL, Carnival or what line. some sailings are not full or close thus the discounts are better, on sold out sailings there are no discounts. This works the same on most lines except for the ones that give no military discounts.

NIta

Serving or retired British Army/RN/RAF soldiers/sailors/airmen need not apply - in my experience we are not included in the scheme.

I have made representations about this but they fell on deaf ears.

Anorak33 . . . . . if it came to a vote, you would most assuredly have mine.

I just wanted to thank you guys for discussing the military discount deal, I called NCL and turns out we got a pretty good discount. So thank you! I'm glad I read this thread. Because our final payment is coming up, and if we had found out about that AFTER we final paid, I would have been a little teed off. Haha.

Thanks again!

I just wanted to thank you guys for discussing the military discount deal, I called NCL and turns out we got a pretty good discount. So thank you! I'm glad I read this thread. Because our final payment is coming up, and if we had found out about that AFTER we final paid, I would have been a little teed off. Haha.

Thanks again!

and thank you for your service; have a good cruise.

Nita

I just finished booking an upcoming cruise. Found out the discount is 15% if you are great than 120 days out, 10% if you are 120-60 days, and 5% if you are less than 60 days out. It is for active, retired and veterans. It is also available to spouses of active duty members (if the active duty member is not sailing). The discount is good for everyone in that stateroom, but can only be used towards one stateroom per cruise. Just got those answers recently from the Military Desk.

Good luck, and take advantage of it, if you can!:)

Cruising is the only travel I use a TA for .. I just ask her for the best she can do, remind her about the military discount if I've seen it's available and she always does well for us. This is the first time we actually used it.

"Have you tried booking through USAA?"

"I just finished booking an upcoming cruise. Found out the discount is 15% if you are great than 120 days out, 10% if you are 120-60 days, and 5% if you are less than 60 days out. "

On our upcoming Mexican Riviera cruise our TA beat both NCL's military rate and the USSA rate by a good amount. Plus we got the 3 cat upgrade that was going on at the time, which I think was available to anybody with the sale but we did have to fill out the miltary form to get the rate.

"If you send a request to Militarydesk@ncl.com they will send you a form to complete. I don't like that you never get a response that you qualify or you don't."

We got an acknowledgement from the military desk - it just said they received it and to allow 48-72 hours for our reservation to be noted. And it was almost immediate actually.

So I guess I'm with the poster that says it varies by cruise ... just shows it definitely pays to shop around for your options. At first glance there was a better militray rate on the same cruise with Carnival but with them it was a guarantee, and a ship (the Pride I think) that has the deck of balconies obstructed by lifeboats. So to me, it was comparing apples to our BA balcony oranges! :)

Thanks for the info on the Military discount read it fri night e-mail fokr forms that same night , received the form Sat. night and Fax it off Sunday morn along with a copy of mine DDform 214 and a copy of my payment for the cruise still 130 + days off . Now wait for the reply.

Will ppost reply when it comes in

Paul

The amount does vary depending on the length and cabin catagory. On our PC cruise it saved us over $1000 on our AE. If you want to see the discount amount the promotion code is currently "PGMIL". Just enter it on the web site. It's on the same page you enter the # of passengers and your age.

Thanks for the promo code! By the looks of it, this saves us almost $200.00 dollars.

I tried the USAA way, and it seems like the prices are about the same as it would be normally, if not a tad bit higher.

Thanks for the promo code! By the looks of it, this saves us almost $200.00 dollars.

I tried the USAA way, and it seems like the prices are about the same as it would be normally, if not a tad bit higher.

I am surprised that USAA was the same or a tad higher. Did you put in your discount codes? We saved $300.00 pp from USAA.

I have been out of the Navy for almost 45 years now and received a $200 discount on a Jan 2010 cruise on the Spirit. Sent a copy of DD214 and Discharge certificate. No Union discount on this cruise I was told. Appreciate the discount very much so.

Got a reply on my military discount for our 19 Jan 4 day cruise on the Sky. Sent it in Sunday morn and got a reply today under codes pg6, pgmil ,pgsdale got a total of $31.90. Wonder how this will show as a OBC or a refund for I've have paid in full. Hope it's on as a OBC will help cover the bar tab:D

Paul

Archived