Toiletries Included in Cabin??

knightgrad03

Does anyone know if Celebrity has Shampoo, Conditioner, etc. in the stateroom bathrooms? This is our first Celebrity Cruise and are not quite sure what luxuries they might include...We are cruising on the Millenium for 2 weeks in Aus/NZ. Thank you for your help!!! (My DW keeps asking me this question...)

combined shampoo w/conditioner and shower/bath gel in the shower in larger dispenser containers and lotion and hand or facial bar soap. Also, small container of cotton and q tips. If in a suite, small, individual bottles of same. Sometimes shower cap is there, sometimes I request one.

They do have soap (in bars), shampoo in the shower dispenser and hand lotion in a dispenser by the sink. We brought our own because we had read the quality wasn't great, especially the shampoo. I did use the bar soap which I thought was very good. It said "Concierge class" on the wrapper even though we weren't in a CC room so I don't know if that made a difference. I have read that the bath products are upgraded in the suites.

Ron

"I did use the bar soap which I thought was very good. It said "Concierge class" on the wrapper even though we weren't in a CC room so I don't know if that made a difference."

Now I know what happened to my soap in my CC room!! Oh well.

My wife brings her suff, but I use the ship's freebes - it' great. Gets all my dirt and sweat off from sitting drinking funny drinks and watching the ocean go by sitting on my balcony.

Denny

I would suggest taking your own. I am used to using a conditioner and the shampoo/conditioner they use is not very good. By the end of my first cruise my hair was like straw. I also take my own soap. They're soap is ok but dries my skin.

I usually take all my own products as well but the airline restrictions on the number of bags and weight is making a difference - Those products really add weight to a suitcase even in smaller sizes.

With the weight and liquid restrictions, I've taken to buying toiletries, particularly the liquids, when I get there. I've done this for both cruises and land-based vacations. Going home, I just leave the bottles behind. It helps that I am not too wed to a specific brand (as long as I can handle the fragrance). While I am in the supermarket, I also buy bottled water since it just so over-priced on board.

With the weight and liquid restrictions, I've taken to buying toiletries, particularly the liquids, when I get there. I've done this for both cruises and land-based vacations. Going home, I just leave the bottles behind. It helps that I am not too wed to a specific brand (as long as I can handle the fragrance). While I am in the supermarket, I also buy bottled water since it just so over-priced on board.

We've done the same thing with laundry detergent, just a small container. Of course when I wasn't thinking and had an overweight bag at the Houston airport, I just dumped a few things. I wonder if they were watching me on CCTV when I threw the baggie of white powder in the garbage?

We've done the same thing with laundry detergent, just a small container. Of course when I wasn't thinking and had an overweight bag at the Houston airport, I just dumped a few things. I wonder if they were watching me on CCTV when I threw the baggie of white powder in the garbage?

You really arn't supposed to use the detergents from home on shipboard....one of the reasons being pollutants. On ships that have laundries, they do supply their own Bio Degradable detergent, and request that you refrain from using any other. I would guess their own shampoo etc etc would be ok'ed

Archived