Goodbye Guatav, make way for Hanna, Ike and their unwelcome friends!

Fury1995

Here's the 5 AM updates..... 8 Am should have more.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

http://www.stormpulse.com/

Natinal Hurricane Center now tracking Ike (expected to be Hurricane strength in 24 hours and interacting with the Caribbean as early as Satuday night) and then tropical depression 10 following Ike's paths (expected to be at Hurricane strength in the next 96 hours).

Hello,

# 10 is now called Josephine.

I'm glad that we don't sail until the end of Oct. We are sailing out of Balt. driving to the port & staying overnight. We chose this itinerary since it was quite different but, any cruise would still be a lot of fun. We are meeting up with many cruisers from our past cruise vacations. Hopefully, by then the seas will become much calmer by the time we actually sail.

Stay safe if your in paths of these many storms.

Enjoy your upcoming cruises even if it ends up differently than the one you booked.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

I am totally freaking out!!!! :(

We leave for the Bahamas on Monday! EEK! What will they do with us? We are flying into Orlando on Sunday. I will never book another cruise in Hurrican Season. This is my first and last! There is too much stress :p

We leave for the Bahamas on Monday! EEK! What will they do with us? We are flying into Orlando on Sunday. I will never book another cruise in Hurrican Season. This is my first and last! There is too much stress :p

That's why we never cruise this time of year. Besides, we need to be home in order to get prepared for whichever one(s) that decide to give us a visit........:(

Hope that your cruise goes well.

I propose the same inquiry I offered on another thread. If there are 3 hurricanes active at the same time in the Atlantic, or Caribbean, or either or both of the aforesaid, would that be a record. This question relates to hurricanes only, not tropical storms or depressions.

Why are you stressed out? Relax.:p

As long as they get me on the ship I am happy.

Hannah will be gone by Monday.:D

What does it take to close MIA??...That's my chief concern...We've got a flight from Chicago that's suppose to land in Miami around 7:30pm on Thursday night...There's no way we can come in earlier, and I've been checking flights out from Chicago for later in the evening on Thursday, and Friday morning, and everything is booked.

Racking my brain trying to come up with alternative options if our flight is cancelled to try and get to Miami and on board before 4pm...Any ideas from anyone else are more than welcome!! :D

Yes I will be ok if I get on the ship....I feel pretty confident that Hanna will be gone...but it's Ike that scares me! lol :o

I get motion sickness pretty easily and I am kinda nervous about that as well.

How bad do things have to be before they close the airports? We are flying into Orlando on Sunday before our cruise leave on Monday?

Thanks! :D

I'm with you FL_Cruiser64!! A few waves don't bother me... in fact, DH and I love it!! We're in a corner aft JS so we'll be feelin' them for sure!! Just get me on the ship and give me a Bahama Mama and I am happy as a clam!! :D

Yes I will be ok if I get on the ship....I feel pretty confident that Hanna will be gone...but it's Ike that scares me! lol :o

How bad do things have to be before they close the airports? We are flying into Orlando on Sunday before our cruise leave on Monday?

I am right there with you...motion sickness is a problem for me too.

We fly into Orlando on Sat for our Sunday departure. but....we make a stop in Charlotte getting to Orlando...thats a Hanna problem:(

Just drink more. You will be swaying and stumbling and bumbling from all the alcohol that the motion from the waves are forgotten.

Its really that easy.

If you have a real bad headache and no pills help just take a hammer and hit your thumb as hard as you can. The pain in your thumb makes you forget about the headaches. :D

What does it take to close MIA??...That's my chief concern...We've got a flight from Chicago that's suppose to land in Miami around 7:30pm on Thursday night...There's no way we can come in earlier, and I've been checking flights out from Chicago for later in the evening on Thursday, and Friday morning, and everything is booked.

Racking my brain trying to come up with alternative options if our flight is cancelled to try and get to Miami and on board before 4pm...Any ideas from anyone else are more than welcome!! :D

Hey--are you flying O'Scare or Skidway? You may be able to fly into FLL too, and then take the train to MIA to catch your RC connection. Just a suggestion!

Try flights into FLL and then cab it to MIA

Thanks for the suggestions!!...I'm already compiling a list of suggestions for the AA personel as to other flights they can put us on, either Thursday afternoon, or early Friday morning to get us to the ship on time.

I've flown into both FLL and MIA before, but had just assumed that since they were so close to each other if one closed so would the other...Am I off on their proximity to each other??

The best thing I'd come up with so far, was to try and get a flight to Orlando, and then a quickie non-stop on Continental down to Miami from there on Friday morning...I've also considered the possability of driving down from Orlando on Friday morning, ( assuming we could get into Orlando to begin with).

Off to look at my FLL options now!!...Thanks!!

The BF says this is my negative thinking coming into play, but after seeing the hurricane charts I call it forward planning to make sure our a**es end up on that ship!!

Oh, and we're suppose to be flying out of O'Hare, but could always cab it to Midway if neccessary.

Thanks for the suggestions!!...I'm already compiling a list of suggestions for the AA personel as to other flights they can put us on, either Thursday afternoon, or early Friday morning to get us to the ship on time.

I've flown into both FLL and MIA before, but had just assumed that since they were so close to each other if one closed so would the other...Am I off on their proximity to each other??

The best thing I'd come up with so far, was to try and get a flight to Orlando, and then a quickie non-stop on Continental down to Miami from there on Friday morning...I've also considered the possability of driving down from Orlando on Friday morning, ( assuming we could get into Orlando to begin with).

Off to look at my FLL options now!!...Thanks!!

The BF says this is my negative thinking coming into play, but after seeing the hurricane charts I call it forward planning to make sure our a**es end up on that ship!!

Oh, and we're suppose to be flying out of O'Hare, but could always cab it to Midway if neccessary.

West Palm is just north of FLL also.

And Fort Meyers (airport code RSW) is on the gulf side, probably a 2 to 2 1/2 hour drive to Fort Lauderdale/Miami from there.

I think you will be fine. Last I saw they were not expecting Hanna to be that far south.

Good Luck!!!

Oh Julieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..relax.

Hannah at this point will not close MIA. It'll be a little windy but not dangerous enough to close it.

But if Miami would close, FLL would close most likely as well.

If you need an alternative I would use Orlando International for Thursday and make a one way rental car.

Oh Julieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..relax.

Hannah at this point will not close MIA. It'll be a little windy but not dangerous enough to close it.

But if Miami would close, FLL would close most likely as well.

If you need an alternative I would use Orlando International for Thursday and make a one way rental car.

Now that I've heard from you, I CAN relax!! :D

Orlando probably does look the most promising if for some crazy reason MIA would close, and Continental even has cheapie morning non-stop flights down to MIA if I decide I don't want to drive.

Regardless, I've decided the hell with it...I'll have a good time where-ever I end up!! :D :D :D

Archived