Mail....?

terri910

I checked out the FAQ on Carnival's website and didn't find anything on this. Maybe I missed it, but I'm sure people here will know!

We'll be leaving in 19 days for our Vancouver/Hawaii cruise, and will be away from home for two weeks. There will be a couple of important bills that will need to be paid while we're gone. Although I probably could pay them before we leave, I'd rather not if I have an alternative.

I seem to remember something about being able to mail from the ship. When the ship reaches Hawaii my postage should be fine (as opposed to trying to mail things when we are in Vancouver). I'm hoping there is someplace on the ship to deposit outgoing mail; it will save me having to search for a mailbox while on shore in ports.

Is my memory failing me, or is there a place where outgoing mail will be taken care of?

Please realize that mail from Hawaii to the main land may take much longer than you are used to dealing with. To be safe, unless you pay your bill son line pay them before you leave, if it is at all possible.

That is the impression I have always been under...postdating checks is illegal and they will deposit it regardless. Plus, with the system they have now you can't give a check a couple of days, like you used to, it is immediately deducted from your account once it goes through.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's illegal in the USA to post date checks. I didn't know this until we recently bought a car and had to post date a couple of checks. The only reason they did it for us was because the president of the dealership is a good friend of ours. As I recall, they also had to date all of the paperwork to match the dates on the post dated checks. Then I saw him take our checks and put them in 2 separate envelopes with notes on the front saying "Do not deposit until..." or something like that. I suppose they didn't want to accidentally deposit them too soon. He told me that the reason they had to make the dates on the paperwork match the checks was because it was illegal to post date checks.

Archived