Your 1A Stateroom Guide (Everything 1A)

ebandive

The deck plan I consulted (from a cruise travel agency's website) shows 6393 and 7345 as 1A with an upper/lower bunk bed style bed. For 8357, it is colored as a 1A, but they don't give the key for the 1A on that deck, so not sure of the bed configuration. I would just call your travel agent or Carnival and ask about these rooms.

PS cabin 8357 also has twins I know on Conquest and some others ... but the cabin is a different shape and what isnt known is if the beds can be separated ... why not read thru the thread, instead of confusing people and telling them to just call carnival (who just reads the incorrect info from the deck plans to you).

You can not rely on Carnival. They are looking at the same deck plans as you and other TAs. I called Carnival to book #7345 on the Glory. She had no idea whether it was upper/lower or whatever. However, the wonderful people here on CC (thanks fire and the woman whose kids were actually in this exact cabin) they were able to show pictures and confirm that indeed there are two beds on the floor, as well as, a wonderful layout.

Can someone help me with the 1A rooms on fascination? My TA says they used to be crew cabins and they are roughly half the size of a typical inside cabin and should be avoided. Is this really the case or is she trying to upsell me?

Can someone help me with the 1A rooms on fascination? My TA says they used to be crew cabins and they are roughly half the size of a typical inside cabin and should be avoided. Is this really the case or is she trying to upsell me?

She is trying to scare you as the cabins look almost the same size as a inside or very close. They are listed as the same size 185 s.f., some say by looking they say it looks smaller by a slight amount. For sure they are not half the size.

First time Iv ever heard they used to be crew quarters. I dont think crew has had cabins mixed in with pax since Iv been sailing, who knows when the ships were new, but this is the first time anyone ever thought the crew once slept in these cabins.

They are however bunks, which most solos said they love because of all the extra floor space.

She is trying to scare you as the cabins look almost the same size as a inside or very close. They are listed as the same size 185 s.f., some say by looking they say it looks smaller by a slight amount. For sure they are not half the size.

First time Iv ever heard they used to be crew quarters. I dont think crew has had cabins mixed in with pax since Iv been sailing, who knows when the ships were new, but this is the first time anyone ever thought the crew once slept in these cabins.

They are however bunks, which most solos said they love because of all the extra floor space.

I can truly validate loving a 1A E189 on Fantasy Class. The roominess etc. The entire experience changed my mind about the most affordible cabin on this class of ship for a solo. My first travels on a ship were on an extremely tiny old ship in an old closet inside single with a wallbed that flipped down..now I was young and 120 lbs..and I would fall off that NARROW bed. I thought I could never go inside again until my little Paradise cruise last June.

The one floor bed, one bunk 1A on Paradise was a palace in comparison...I love all the solo cabin info...and met couples for various reasons taking the bunk arrangement too...ie filler cruises..to cruise more etc. Thanks all for this thread.

Thanks for the info..a little leery of the TA now. I don't mind bunks at all because it'll be me and my son. He'll want the top bunk and he can have it.

Hi Fire! This is kind of funny-don't know how often it happens, but at the end of Dec., I booked a 1A on the Miracle for Jan. 2011-a few weeks ago, I rec'd both a call and an e-mail from Carnival, that they needed my cabin for storage:confused:, so they upgraded me to a 4A at no additional cost:cool:. I am traveling solo, so it really doesn't matter to me-same size room, same location (Riviera deck),and no bunks on Spirit class, anyways. Has this happened to you or other folks, out of curiosity?

So a 1A cabin on Fascination (fantasy class) are definitely bunk beds? Are they typically smaller than a typical interior room on a Carnival ship? I'm only wondering because I want to get a feel for the cabin for when I bring my wife on a future cruise. On this particular cruise, it'll be my son and I and space is not important. I've read the typical interior room on Carnival is 185sq ft which would seem spacious to us as we sail RCI normally.

So a 1A cabin on Fascination (fantasy class) are definitely bunk beds? Are they typically smaller than a typical interior room on a Carnival ship? I'm only wondering because I want to get a feel for the cabin for when I bring my wife on a future cruise. On this particular cruise, it'll be my son and I and space is not important. I've read the typical interior room on Carnival is 185sq ft which would seem spacious to us as we sail RCI normally.

Yes, all the 1As on Fantasy class are bunks, which is why its confusing when on other classes of ships they are not bunks. Some enterprising folks took down the mattress from the bunk and slept on the floor or found a way around it.

The 1As are not supposed to be smaller, but some people say they are for sure smaller when eyeballing them, but they are not that much smaller than the usual 185 s.f. insides and because of the bunk will actually have more floor space than a regular inside.

Yes, all the 1As on Fantasy class are bunks, which is why its confusing when on other classes of ships they are not bunks. Some enterprising folks took down the mattress from the bunk and slept on the floor or found a way around it.

The 1As are not supposed to be smaller, but some people say they are for sure smaller when eyeballing them, but they are not that much smaller than the usual 185 s.f. insides and because of the bunk will actually have more floor space than a regular inside.

Thanks. I'm okay with the bunks and my son might actually think it's cool. I just wanted to make sure Carnival didn't go cheap on the amenities in 1A on Fantasy ships.

Firefly is so great on so many details..thanks again for Galveston tips..when I do a pack- n-go...more will be in my head now for last minute hotels that are ok etc.

More 1A room info:

I just wanted to add.. 4 new friends did an impromptu cabin crawl and with two seated on bed and one the stool, and one the chair, 4 folks can pause and have a short chat without being so close to each other you would move to the hall...I did meet older couples who had no mobility issues using them for last minute escapes..budget extras..etc..Fantasy Class 1A. The Cat 11's of my friends were a tad nicer:D. But truly...E189 Paradise was just amazingly great, quiet, newly draped and carpeted cabin...on 6/09. Loved the quiet of carpeted dining room above I believe...and very very minimal noise once from storage area next to it. Also, in Long Beach, Paradise's Port, the entrance is Empress deck which was nice...so just a long stroll to room...sjn911.

Edited by sjn911

With repect to the 1 A's that are insides on Riviera in the aft, in the hall across from the lower disco room on Spirit class ships..what is noise, comfort and rock and roll movement like; on a longer say Hawaii cruise with days at sea...any coments? Thank you in advance. I do not mind feeling some movement..and I realive things vary..just would appreciate some comments and experience to see if I woud need to be more mid ship on this kind of cruise...thank you. sjn911.

Edited by sjn911

With repect to the 1 A's that are insides on Riviera in the aft, in the hall across from the lower disco room on Spirit class ships..what is noise, comfort and rock and roll movement like; thank you. sjn911.

I was in a 6A (right across the hall from the 1A's on Riviera) on the Legend and the location was great. I was originally booked in one of the 1A's but got upgraded a couple of weeks prior to my cruise. There was no noise at all from the disco and I felt very little movement. I would book a room in that same location in a heartbeat. :)

Edited by letscruisegd

• 1 month later...

I think the Spirit-class ships have excellent soundproofing. I've read on the Cabin Selection thread (I think it was Serene) say that she went down there and you couldn't even hear the music in the hallway, so I would think there's no problem in the cabin.

I just booked R60 on Fantasy. My PVP had held the only 1A left on Empress, (one of those in the stern), but I told him I'd rather be lower and more midship. I had 1402 on Triumph on my CTN in October, and there was A LOT of shaking back there.

Anyone sailed one of the old ships (now gone) - Celebration, Jubilee, etc. in one of those 1As? 1402 on Triumph was definitely smaller than the IS I had on Glory, but it was just fine for 1 person. Did the 1A on that class compare to the 1A on Fantasy-class?

Speaking of 1As on Spirit-class, someone told me she stuck her head in one on Spirit, and it was really huge. She had no idea what the cabin number was, though. I'd love to hear more about 1As on Spirit-class ships.

Actually, I don't think I ever came back and posted a pic of my 1A (1402) on Triumph (as I had snuck away to take that cruise just so I'd be Platinum on Miracle and didn't want to post photos and give away my little secret).

This is looking in from the doorway. The bathroom is to the right, in the corner is the small closet where the safe is located; across from the door is the couch; immediately to the left are the closets...

2372136230102755439S600x600Q85.jpg

Stepping inside the cabin, turned toward the corner with the bed...

2255374340102755439S600x600Q85.jpg

Standing in front of the bathroom door...

2603320960102755439S600x600Q85.jpg

ok, so here is my question. DH and I are booked in U173 on the Sensation May 2nd. We went for the cheapest room (really cheap with interline rate), but not too crazy about the bunk beds. Is there any way to notify the cruiseline that if a solo cruiser wants our room, but there's none left, they can upgrade us (for cheap) and sell our room to a solo cruiser? Is that even possible? I have been watching every day for OV to go cheap, but it hasnt happened yet.

Does anyone know if there are fridges on the Splendor 1A's. I'm going to guess that there are, but if not I want to be prepared:D

They are there on Carnival Splendor! :)

Just how cool they might be is another situation altogether.

• 2 weeks later...
They are there on Carnival Splendor! :)

Just how cool they might be is another situation altogether.

Thanks Don. I know that they don't get too cold, but it's enough to keep some waters and the rum runners on the cooler side of room temp:D

• 2 weeks later...

Do the Portholes open in 1211,1212,2211 & 2212 on the Glory? Just wondering if you can get a little sea air in the cabin. I'm guessing not as I suppose they have to be idiot proof.

Edited by optiron

Do the Portholes open in 1211,1212,2211 & 2212 on the Glory? Just wondering if you can get a little sea air in the cabin. I'm guessing not as I suppose they have to be idiot proof.

I just returned from a cruise on the Dream and I had a 1A Porthole room. The portholes do NOT open, and that would be the case on all ships.

I was quite leery of what the motion would be like up at the front but i had no problem. I really enjoyed the room but be prepared for some noise from the waves. I was really surprised at how loud the banging was and could not believe it was caused by the waves. I thought for sure they were working on something below but that wasn't the case, it was the waves. It's not constant of course but it was heard often. I actually got used to and ear plugs also help at night :)

I plan on booking a 1A the day that they open up the 10/16/11 Glory sailing to Bermuda.

Not sure I want to be all the way forward again, but those porthole cabins look wonderful!

Let me see if I have this straight:

1207 & 1208 - 2 PH windows, 1 twin and 1 sofabed

1211 & 1212 - 2 PH windows, 2 twin beds

2211 & 2212 - 2 PH windows, 1 twin and 1 sofabed

2216 & 2217 - 2 PH windows, 1 twin and 1 sofabed

Am I completely confused or does this look to be accurate?