food

I have always found a varying selection of pasta, fish, beef, chicken on the menu every night so there is always a good variety of dishes available. Now there are some things that are always available (shrimp cocktail, ceasar salad, a steak, fettucini alfredo to name a few) Have never had a problem finding something I like on the menu. Usually have problems picking just one or two.

You can always request to see the menus for the next night and if there is nothing on it that you like you can order off the menu. Also,steak and chicken breast are always available. IMHO the menu is broad enough even on "Italian night" that you can order non-Italian menu items and the other nights are like American night, French night, sailaway nightand others. On my longest cruise 14 days there was only one Italian Night, much to my dismay, because their eggplant Parmesan, and other italian dishes are very good.

Don't fail to book because you don't like a particular type of food, there are many other options available.

I was told several years ago that Princess tended to offer many Italian dishes of the menu. Is this current and accurate information?

Yes, before Carnival Corp. acquired Princess, it was well known for the

Italian menu on many ships. Depending upon the itinerary, it also served wonderful "English" specialties, great Greek food and an interesting and varied menu.

While the menu still offers good eats, it is not near as interesting as previously.

Cruising has changed so much in the last 10 years or so. So many things that used to be part of the cruise experience are gone.

I'm sure glad "I was there" during that "golden age", aren't you?

Alfredo Marzi is the Corporate Head Chef, if that tells you anything about their Italian offerings. With that said, I never ever recall not being able to find a multitude of other offerings. The man can cook Italian, that is for sure, but you will have no problems finding PLENTY to eat.. :)

We started cruising in the mid-80's...(couldn't afford it before that!) Although there were more offerings from the cruise lines....it's really not that much different....at least, not for us!

I like it better today....I think more care is taken to make sure that your "cruise experience" is a positive one!

Even on "Italian Night" you will find lots of choices....If you can't find anything ask them to make you a Caesar Salad as your main course...and, if you want cut-up chicken or steak to add to it, they'll provide that, as well!

A plate of steamed veggies (if you like them) is always a fun appetizer, with some ranch dressing, for dipping!

Be creative! They don't mind! I just use a big smile and a big THANK YOU!!! And an extra $$$ tip for good service!!!!

You may go to the "Children's Menu" and ask for a hamburger or hot dog or macaroni and cheese. Ask for two....Ask for anything you want!

Don't forget to ask for a bowl of fresh berries with your dessert! Yum!!! :)

We started cruising in the mid-80's...(couldn't afford it before that!) Although there were more offerings from the cruise lines....it's really not that much different....at least, not for us!

I like it better today....I think more care is taken to make sure that your "cruise experience" is a positive one!

Even on "Italian Night" you will find lots of choices....If you can't find anything ask them to make you a Caesar Salad as your main course...and, if you want cut-up chicken or steak to add to it, they'll provide that, as well!

A plate of steamed veggies (if you like them) is always a fun appetizer, with some ranch dressing, for dipping!

Be creative! They don't mind! I just use a big smile and a big THANK YOU!!! And an extra $$$ tip for good service!!!!

You may go to the "Children's Menu" and ask for a hamburger or hot dog or macaroni and cheese. Ask for two....Ask for anything you want!

Don't forget to ask for a bowl of fresh berries with your dessert! Yum!!! :)

I am amused by this thread, especially when one considers how broadly "Italian food" can be defined......and I really chuckled when you suggested a Caesar Salad or the kid's macaroni and cheese......it don't get any more Italian than that, does it.:D

We skipped Italian night in the dining room as we were tired and the selection did not look that appetizing. That night in the Horizon Court they were serving a dish called Diablo Shrimp, which should not be missed if you like shrimp.

I am anxious for people to begin the Eastern Caribbean route that the Crown will be on through the winter as I would like to know ahead of time what night is Italian night as this is when we plan to book dinner in the Crown Grill.

Archived