Need a hotel recommendation in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.

Irene cruiser

You can also do a hotel package through Princess - it tends to be reasonably priced with transfers included. We have seen people do this for almost back to backs on different ships - off one ship on Sat and then another ship embark on Sunday. In fact, I think they said Princess picked up the room for the one night - I think they were elite members or travel a lot on the line on something like that. I don't know if this is the norm.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Air/Sea Port (I can't remember what street it's on but it was about a 5-10 minute cab ride to the port... there was a shuttle too, but the cab only cost about $11 and was worth it). If you google that exact name, you'll find it.

It was new, very clean, had comfy beds, and included breakfast. I'd stay there again pre or post-cruise, or between cruises.

My DW and I are staying at the Hyatt Place in Fort Lauderdale. It is only a few blocks from Port Everglades...free breakfast, 42" flat screen plasma TV, a suite...all for less than $140/ night...

They also offer free shuttle service. Very convenient to restaurant and stores.

We are staying at LaQuinta in November. Got the special with the USTBLE code for a 25% discount. Room rate is $104.25 King, micro, refrig. Shuttle from airport and to pier next day. Free Breakfast.

I also recommend this hotel. We stayed there a few months ago. It has a big shopping center next to it in case you need to pick up anything or eat dinner.

We have also stayed at the Renaissance, but it was a bit pricey.:D

Can anyone recommend a motel or hotel near the port in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. We need a room one night between back to back cruises(2/3/2009).

Thank you for your help.

Many of the places are dumps, but Embassy Suites is real close and supposed to be decent.

Many of the places are dumps, but Embassy Suites is real close and supposed to be decent.

We're only familiar with the Embassy Suites, but were very happy with it. There are also a couple of nice restaurants right across the street.

Agree that the Holiday Inn Express is clean with a good breakfast and it is well-located within walking distance of shops and restaurants.

It is much smaller (and quieter) than the Embassy Suites and doesn't have a pool- if that matters.

I wonder if we are talking about different Holiday Inn Expresses? I believe the one I stayed at had a pool (although we didn't use it as we got in at 2:30am and left at 10:30am).

I just looked it up - I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruiseport. It is at 1150 W. State Road 84.

We have a toss up. We've narrowed it down to the Airport Courtyard or the Renaissance on 17th street for 1 night next month. Do either offer shuttles to the pier? Is the Renaissance that much nicer than the Courtyard? We would have to pay for parking at the Renaissance but not the Courtyard. The last time we cruised from FTL we stayed at the airport Courtyard, parked at the airport Park N Fly and used the shuttle to and from the parking lot and the port with no problems. We did not spend the night upon our return to FTL. We will probably use points so cost is not a consideration. Does the Renaissance offer the same shuttle service?

We have a toss up. We've narrowed it down to the Airport Courtyard or the Renaissance on 17th street for 1 night next month. Do either offer shuttles to the pier? Is the Renaissance that much nicer than the Courtyard? We would have to pay for parking at the Renaissance but not the Courtyard. The last time we cruised from FTL we stayed at the airport Courtyard, parked at the airport Park N Fly and used the shuttle to and from the parking lot and the port with no problems. We did not spend the night upon our return to FTL. We will probably use points so cost is not a consideration. Does the Renaissance offer the same shuttle service?

The CY has shuttles to/from the airport and TO the pier..you'd have to cab it back. SInce it sounds like you will have a car, the slightly isolated location of the CY is not a problem....we stayed there pre cruise and enjoyed it........

THe REn has no shuttle at all.....IMO it's a waste of points unless the rate is high and you have a lot of points to blow...(I will take them off your hands!:D )

THe Ren was just redone...they are currently finishing the bar and restaurant.....honestly the rooms at the CY are probably nicer, and the bathrooms are bigger....service at the Ren is hit or miss, service at the CY was great (i'm plat premier with marriott, so i think i can evaluate hotels fairly accurately!)

we're staying at the shardon yankee clipper

apparently is the closest hotel to the port and its not to far from the airport either

its also right on the beach

we were able to get it for $325 a night in holiday season (late december) for three nights before our cruise

we're staying at the shardon yankee clipper

apparently is the closest hotel to the port and its not to far from the airport either

its also right on the beach

we were able to get it for $325 a night in holiday season (late december) for three nights before our cruise

This is not the closest to the port. Any of the hotels on 17th street are closer to the port and airport and can be had for under $300 even at high season.

Ron

Thank you megr1125. We did stay at the airport property about 3 years ago and were very happy with the accommodations and service. Both properties are catagory 5 and require the same number of points. Sorry, no points to share as we are only elite. I read a couple of online reviews for the Renaissance and wasn't quite sold. If it were on the water, I might have been swayed. Only one more decision, where to park - Park 'N Fly at the airport, port or use the parking facilities at the port.

Archived