Veendam to Bermuda?

Kyana

I think the prices will be quite high and I think they will use the NYC docks.

Yes, I agree about the prices. Why do you think they will use the docks in Manhatten? I guess because they have in the past? Its possible they might change.

The view of the skyline and Statue of Liberty is incredible from the Brooklyn pier. With this view, embarkation day is very exciting.

Yes, I agree about the prices. Why do you think they will use the docks in Manhatten? I guess because they have in the past? Its possible they might change.

The view of the skyline and Statue of Liberty is incredible from the Brooklyn pier. With this view, embarkation day is very exciting.

From what I understand only Princess and Cunard sail from Brooklyn.

I think HAL always uses the Manhattan Cruise Terminal.

We've sailed the last two winters on the Noordam from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. The Eurodam 3 day Inaugural on Labor Day Weekend used the newly upgraded pier at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal.

Seems HAL must have some sort of "commitment" or contract with the Manhattan Cruise Terminal.

As does NCL...someone we met on our most recent Noordam cruise, who often sails NCL, told me that NCL had bought the terminal they sail from in Manhattan, and refurbished it.

Cunard and Princess use the Red Hook Terminal in Brooklyn. Celebrity and RCCL, the terminal in Cape Liberty.

I don't know what the arrangements are between the docks and the cruise lines, but they seem to be "status quo."

Herb....... DH said something very similar when we were talking about it at dinner tonight. He thinks many who are expressing high interest in booking will see the prices and may think twice.

I think he's correct and I also think if you have to pay for a plane ticket to NY, besides the cruise fares, you may really think twice.

I really loved The Veendam - she was a sweet, sweet ship. I will definitely keep my eye on this one.

Besides, I really wanna see Vic again. Hi Vic!

DH said something very similar when we were talking about it at dinner tonight. He thinks many who are expressing high interest in booking will see the prices and may think twice.

He's wrong

Come hell, high water, hurricane, or what have you ... I'm still going.

N-O-T-H-I-N-G will stop me!

Well, except maybe death. ;)

Do agree that the prices will be high -- and many of us have no choice but to fly -- added cost.

A Bermuda cruise will attract those that are able to drive to New York. Or can take a train.

We also have to fly to New York.

Archived