Ipod and Paul Gauguin

topkatz

Hi -

Forgive me if this has been addressed already. Searched the forums and did not find an answer. We are booked on PG deck 4 (cat e) so no included Ipod. We would like to bring our Ipod along. Don't really want to have to bring portable speakers. Can anyone tell me if there is an ability (with the proper cables of course) to plug into the CD/TV sound system for those of us on deck 4? What speakers are in the room? TV set only?

We had the capability on a SeaDream cruise last year to plug into the in room sound system. They had speakers in the ceiling. I plugged the Ipod into the CD player aux in and it worked great. While we don't expect to spend much time in the room, it's nice to have some background music while in the room getting ready to go out or not sleeping.

Paul

You can plug your ipod into the back of the tv. Just get a cable with a mini jack (looks like the ear phone plug) the other end has two rca plugs one for the left and one for the right. I used the Aux in plugs on the back of the tv.

Paul, I know you said you didn't want to bring speakers, but you might want to consider that. For our PG trip last summer, I bought the Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere portable speakers. It weighs less than 2 pounds, and the speakers and AC adapter store neatly in the included case, which makes it easy to travel with. We throw ours in the carry on, but with the case, I think you could pack them in your luggage if you wanted to. One of the nice things about this unit is that it has an internal battery, so we could take it out onto the balcony and enjoy quiet music without messing with a power cord. For the size, the sound is pretty good, in my opinion; it lacks powerful bass, but what can you expect from a unit only 1.5 inches deep. We've now taken it on several trips, and found it a good traveling companion, definitely worth the $100 investment.

-- Eric

I don't know why it's not letting me edit my post above. I meant to include a link to the Logitech speakers I mentioned:

Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere Portable Speakers for iPod

They're widely available at electronics stores like Circuit City and Best Buy, and many online resellers. Here they are for $100 with free shipping.

-- Eric

Archived