HORRIBLE Customer service -- On the Majesty NOW!

If your seapass had a problem when you left the ship, it is not a problem with your door, it is a problem with your card. Somehow, you are erasing the card. Do you have a magnetic bill clip or anything like that? The problem sounds very much like the card itself, not the equipment.

Hi Erie Dave

I haven't seen you around for a long time. I am glad to see you back!

jc

PS on our last cruise the sea pass card would not open our room as we were getting ready to leave the ship for the first day in Hawaii on the Legend of the Seas, I was very stressed out. I took my card to the purser and they ran me a new card, didn't work, my wife's card didn't work. They sent a security guy and a handyman he opened the door and replaced the battery. Never had another problem. Silly me, I didn't make them buy me anything.

I contacted C&A in Miami......they say they are "working on it". Hope all turns out well for you. This should never happen to anyone. Courtesy is not an option!

Although I don't know you, I certainly feel bad for what you are going through.

P.S. Maybe the meeting is about YOU! LOL!

If they can't find what is causing your card problem, I would kindly request they supply you with a lanyard for your card. Also, I agree about talking to the Hotel Manager...I had to stand at the Pursers Desk on the Carnival Glory in a very loud voice demanding to talk to the Hotel Manager and saying, "I will not leave until I talk to the Hotel Manager." I never did get to talk to the Hotel Manager, but the people at the Purser's Desk finally took care of the problem...rather than have the Hotel Manager find out about their lousy service.

I had a recurring problem with my Metro monthly pass years ago when I lived in Paris. It finally turned out that my purse had a magnet closure and was demagnetizing my metro pass. It was a frustrating problem to have when you're trying to get somewhere in a hurry and you have to stop and trouble shoot with management. I sure do sympathize with him.

Since the OP has not come back to the boards, let's hope that means his problem has been solved and he's just too busy having a great time to bother with CC for now.

Wow, makes me think twice about RCI, is that what they mean on the TV commer. when they say "GET OUT THERE". But you know what, I was just on the Dawn in Sept. and this was happening to everyone. Sure they would reset your card or house keeping would let you in but the people at the desk would look at you like "yeah, yeah you have nothing in your pocket but that's the only way the card won't work" attitude. I'm sure nobody in upper management or guest relations is aware of the treatment people are getting on ships lately, they know how to talk and treat you well before they get your payment. I would talk to the captain any chance I get to explain the problem to him and also mention that you knew that he really doesn't "HAVE TIME TO SPEAK WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU BUT" I don't think he would like being said about him at all, it might be true but he would take the time out to clear up this problem. You should tell them to take care of this you will accept to be put in another room, upgrade for all the time you lost and that you will be telling all of your friends how horrible your vacation is turning out. Hey, RCI, guess what, WE ALREADY KNOW, HELP THIS MAN OUT & COMPENSATE HIM FOR HIS LOSS!!!!

WOW!!!!! Can't believe the amount of concern from those on the board. Can't tell you how much we appreciate it!

Finally spoke with the front desk manager, Dawn, last night... She did move us to another cabin that was a level higher. Dawn was great to work with, and the move was appreciated, but after what we went through to be moved halfway through just doesn't seem enough to bring me back... Perhaps I'm wrong and time will calm me down, but I'm just still a bit upset.

Tinker -- THANK YOU especially for taking time for someone you don't even know... How kind!

SRQ -- I'll try to find them for you!

No stop in Coco Cay today... Waves are too rough, nothing they can do. Disappointing, but in an entirely different way. I know that can't do anything about that one!

Thanks again -- I'll try to check back if anything changes!

Mike

Mike,

Am so glad you finally got some help and some respect. I hope that you can relax and at least enjoy the rest of the trip, after which, a long letter would be written to a customer service manager if for no other reason but to vent. Things happen on vacation, whether it be a cruise or land and sometimes we have to go with the flow, but a problem that could be solved in a matter of minutes and is dismissed is not one of them and to be treatly so disrespectfully to boot is just unacceptable. As far as any compensation is concerned I think you are entitled to something for 2 reasons, nothing was done to fix the problem and the absolute rudeness you received in the process. Had they taken care of the problem immediately I would feel differently because as I stated previous, things happen, but having to deal with it for days..that is something else entirely. Good Luck and try to enjoy the rest of your time, I hope things go smoother :)

Michele

DetroitMike, glad things finally got straightened out. I don't know if it helped any, but I e-mailed Richard Fain this morning with a link to this thread. I told him I was appalled at the treatment you were receiving, and he needed to get the staff straightened out pronto.

I agree with Michelle on the post-cruise letter. I'd detail the entire event, and send copies to VP customer service, President & CEO of RCCL, Miami Herald and a few notable travel magazines.

23_29_129.gif

That said, enjoy the rest of your cruise.

I think I speak for most everyone here on the boards when I say, "we would do anything to make your trip more enjoyable".

CruiseCritic was never designed to be a whining sort of place, but rather a great place to help one another in a friendly community. I never feel put out to go the extra mile, and sending an email to RCCL with "your words" was not difficult at all.

I'm sure that RCCL has heard enough to know that this ship personnel needs a little more training.

What we want for you now, is to have a great time and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

BTW, we're not strangers, we're friends of the "family"! LOL! The RCCL family. :D

detroitmike.....wooohoooo!

Now "get out there" and enjoy the rest of your cruise!!!!!

ROFL -- We spoke about that... Everyone kept telling us to just "get out there" Problem was.... We couldn't get back in! :)

Irene... NOBODY wants to see that! :)

Archived