Better late than never Freedom of the Seas review

glo1196

Can not say enough how awesome our cruise was. Big A our room stewart was wonderful, and our waiter and asst. waiters in the dinning room were out of this world. They really earned their tip and then some, and were part of why our cruise was so wonderful!

The ship was wonderful. I think we actually saw most of it. The longest line I waited for was the Flo-rider and that was only 25 minutes on a sea day. Rock climbing was only about 15 minutes.

The room was great we had side by side inside cabins. It is what I get for booking late, but they were adequate. I love the sliding doors in the shower, so much nicer than the old showers.

We did excursions on our own at each port and will add the review of each on this post seprately.

The only thing that was a disappointment was the transportation company we used to get us from Fort Lauderdale to Miami. Quality Limo service was not what we expected. When we landed we got a call that said that the limo would pick us up in 20 minutes. I have taken transportation before and with pre-booking I have never had to wait. There was always someone waiting for us. Then about 30 minutes later two busses showed up. The first one fills and the second gets more than 3/4 filled and the five of us are not on it. We end up having to have kids sit on luggage and laps. Not a good thing. Then we have to stop because the other people with us need to stop at a drug store. We just wanted to get to our room! We end up stopping at a place in a not so nice neighborhood. Then our driver did not know where to leave us, or the street address of the Marriott by the pier. My DH had to look it up on his phone.

On the way back, we called because we got early disembarking. We were told we had to wait 30 minutes which was fine since it was not our original time, but the lady I spoke with did not tell us that there was a specific drop off. I had talked to her twice and when she finally told us we had been waiting in the wrong place, and now had to move 5 people and 9 peices of luggage about 100 yards. Needless to say we will not be using them again. This being the only part of our trip that was less than par...we were lucky!

Our itinerary was Labadee, Jamica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

We did Dunn's river Falls and tubing in Jamica.

We did the Turtle farm, Hell and swimming with the Sting rays in Grand Cayman, and swimming with the Dolphins and shopping in Cozumel.

If you have any questions ask away!

Uh oh.. I have quality limo booked for our ride from port back to FLL. Did you have to share a ride back to FLL? We have 5 people.

Was the spot for them to pick you up hard to find??

I was really upset because we shared the ride in both directions. They do not tell you that when you book. On the way from the cruise terminal to the airport in Fort Lauderdale we had to drop off a family at an airport hotel. I guess you get what you pay for...I would rather get transportation where we are the only customers for a little more money and have someone meet us inside the airport and help us with bags. With QLS we had to find them outside of both the airport and the cruise-terminal.

At the airport you just have to walk out the door closets to the escalators down from the arrival gates. At the cruise terminal do NOT have the porter drop you off where limos pick up. Have them drop you off all the way at the end of that area...I think it is area G or J...go to the end of that.

Next time I will not use them. The entire sharing of rides and having kids sit on laps was not appropriate. They need to advertise as a shuttle if that is what they are.

I was really upset because we shared the ride in both directions. They do not tell you that when you book. On the way from the cruise terminal to the airport in Fort Lauderdale we had to drop off a family at an airport hotel. I guess you get what you pay for...I would rather get transportation where we are the only customers for a little more money and have someone meet us inside the airport and help us with bags. With QLS we had to find them outside of both the airport and the cruise-terminal.

At the airport you just have to walk out the door closets to the escalators down from the arrival gates. At the cruise terminal do NOT have the porter drop you off where limos pick up. Have them drop you off all the way at the end of that area...I think it is area G or J...go to the end of that.

Next time I will not use them. The entire sharing of rides and having kids sit on laps was not appropriate. They need to advertise as a shuttle if that is what they are.

Thanks for the help. I only have them booked to give us a ride back to FLL from the cruise port. I will remember to go to area G or J.

Which day in April 09? I'm sailing 04.05.09, Eastern Caribbean on FOS! I hope you have a blast! What a birthday present!

26 april 09 western caribean fos,first time on a cruise & first time to the states,my bday present to myself.

I'm anxious to hear about swimming with the sting rays, as that's something we'd like to do next April on our Jewel of the Seas cruise.

Susan, once those suckers get a hold of you, they don't let go. Don't put food in your pockets.. We did that 2 years ago. It was fun until hubby cut his foot.... See ya soon....

Archived