Statue of Liberty

Khepri

Flying from Manchester UK to Newark, does anyone know if you can see the statue as we come in to land - if so which side of the plane is best?:)

Not really. The flight path for landing into Newark comes from South Jersey into Newark Airport. I think the statue will be too far away but you might try by sitting on the right side of the aircraft.

If you were going to LGA airport (not an international airport) the flight path often goes over lower Manhattan. In that case you should sit on the left side of the aircraft.

With all this said, flight paths to all the airports change often based upon weather conditions.

Flying from Manchester UK to Newark, does anyone know if you can see the statue as we come in to land - if so which side of the plane is best?:)

This is an impossible to question to answer as flight paths are always changing.

The flight path for landing into Newark comes from South Jersey into Newark Airport.

As others have pointed out, the flight path/ final approach/ runway vary according to wind direction. I have landed on (& taken off from) runway 4 (IIRC--I'll have to check Flight Simulator again!) more often than the reverse direction, runway 22, though have also done the latter. In any case, I can't recall having seen the Statue of Liberty during descent, though you may well get a good view of the Manhattan skyline, especially coming in to runway 4. In that case, it will be on the left-hand side of the aircraft.

Archived