Why you should avoid cruising during hurricaine season

bobnatt

I love hurricane season.... so far we've had 3 fantastic upgrades (from inside cabin to top floor balcony!!) and $120 OBC... all due to price drops for hurricane season!!'I've got complete faith that the captain will take us the safest possible route....

I'm on a cruise....Who cares?????:D

First of all, I disagree with this incident being called a "mutiny". To me that implies that they tried to take over the ship by force and run it themselves, which was surely not the case. It was more a mob complaint.

But what I'm not clear on is what the passengers wanted. Did they want the cruise to go into the tropical storm? Or did they want to ship to just have 7 sea days out in the middle of the Atlantic, rather than go to the three unimpressive ports they did? (Though Newport sounds pretty nice to me) Or were they just claiming they should get some sort of refund or other financial compensation because the ship was forced to change it's itinerary?

Heading out of New York with a tropical storm in the Bahamas, there really aren't any other tropical ports they could have gone to. Bermuda would have been nice, but all it's docks are already accounted for by other cruises as far as I know. All the other islands are south of the Bahamas, so there was no way to get to them. I guess maybe they could have gone to Canada instead, but I'm sure no one packed for cool weather.

I wouldn't avoid hurricane season .. that's just silly .. go to alaska .. hardly every a problem with hurricanes there ..

Kathy.....I have always felt the same way. We cruise the Caribbean when it is NOT hurricane season and we cruise Alaska between May & Sept. We leave for Vancouver this Monday morning, flying out of Dallas (DFW) and would you believe our only concern is IKE. This hurricane is expected to come on shore in S. Texas then head North towards N.E. Texas (our home). So, altho we have tried to plan smartly.....you can't always fool Mother Nature. gg

Archived