Bringing Fresh Flower Arrangements Aboard from Local Vendor in Departure Port

Cruiser Susie

Hello!

We are in Barcelona, enjoying a pre-cruise stay here, and one of our group had a question. There are many vendors on Las Ramblas selling fresh flower arrangements, and our friend wanted to know if Celebrity policy would allow him to bring a fresh flower arrangement purchased on Las Ramblas to put in their stateroom for the cruise. Our initial thought was probably not, but then we thought we would ask just in case there was someone who has had experience with this. Thanks for your help!

No problem, & quite a savings! Go for it

I had beautiful sunflowers from provence, flowers in Hilo --what a bargain... They'll give you a vase on board. I brought a wonder vase wiht me (sort of a water inflatable) from Linens & things but it certainly did not hold up..

Enjoy barcelona, the cruise & the flowers!

Hi Sue! Colin and I are really looking forward to sailing with you and Larry, and Mike & Mary, in March on Connie.

We're also sailing out of Barcelona in Nov. and hope to do the same as you with the flowers.

Only time we've ever seen problems was once in Seattle during a Vancouver to San Diego cruise, on Mercury. We brought a bouquet from Pike Market back to the ship in the morning, no problem. But later in the day, when somebody came on duty I guess, there were dozens of them that were confiscated. Probably had to do with importing flowers from WA to CA?

Wouldn't apply in Europe on a RT surely, as people seem to have brought flowers on successfully there.

(Has anyone had problems taking flowers on for a trans-atlantic, Spain to Florida?)

Enjoy the flower markets!

Jan

Hi Sue! Colin and I are really looking forward to sailing with you and Larry, and Mike & Mary, in March on Connie.

We're also sailing out of Barcelona in Nov. and hope to do the same as you with the flowers.

Only time we've ever seen problems was once in Seattle during a Vancouver to San Diego cruise, on Mercury. We brought a bouquet from Pike Market back to the ship in the morning, no problem. But later in the day, when somebody came on duty I guess, there were dozens of them that were confiscated. Probably had to do with importing flowers from WA to CA?

Wouldn't apply in Europe on a RT surely, as people seem to have brought flowers on successfully there.

(Has anyone had problems taking flowers on for a trans-atlantic, Spain to Florida?)

Enjoy the flower markets!

Jan

Hi, Jan and Colin!

Looking forward to seeing you two again as well... this is shaping up to be a really nice cruise with new and old friends. Pop on over to the roll call and say hello to everyone!

Take care, and see you in March....

Sue

Thank you to everyone for your helpful replies... will pick up an arrangement in the morning as head to the Connie. Barcelona is an amazing city; I think we need another five days here to see more of it!

Archived