Seven Mile Beach or something else?

cot427

Since it is getting closer to my cruise, we were thinking about what we will be doing in ports. We have decided on Labadee and Jamaica as beach days, and we stuck on Grand Cayman.

I know that there is not much in downtown Georgetown, except for expensive shopping, since I've been there before. I've also done the glassbottom boat there.

So we were either thinking, getting off the ship in the morning for 1-2 hours of walking around and shopping then going back to the ship for the rest of the day, or Seven Mile Beach.

Is there an admission fee to SMB? Are there lounge chairs or restaurants near there? How far away from the pier and how much does the taxi cost? Is SMB worth seeing?

Any information would help alot, THANK YOU!

7 mile beach is free. You may want to check out the webcams at http://www.reefgrill.com. They have a nice bar and restaurant - they rent chairs and umbrellas - they have free showers and changing area. It should cost about $4/person for a cab there which is about 3 miles from the pier.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

7 mile beach is free. You may want to check out the webcams at http://www.reefgrill.com. They have a nice bar and restaurant - they rent chairs and umbrellas - they have free showers and changing area. It should cost about $4/person for a cab there which is about 3 miles from the pier.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

In addition to the $4 per person does one tip the driver and if so how much? Per person or per couple?

7 mile beach is free. You may want to check out the webcams at www.reefgrill.com. They have a nice bar and restaurant - they rent chairs and umbrellas - they have free showers and changing area. It should cost about $4/person for a cab there which is about 3 miles from the pier.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

Thanks, maybe we will do that. I mean through the cruise line is just so much more. I guess this will be tentative. We will plan on this and see how we feel that day and what we want to do. I will keep the info handy.

Archived