Hope Celebrity doesn't follow RCI lead....

Texas_firefighter

Good evening,

Re; the Inside Passage....I suggest you'll find Vancouver-originating voyages all go thru the Inside Passage, both ways...and this will continue .It's natural & geographically logical way to sail towards Alaska , and return from there.:)

Re;The Seattle-originating 7 day voyages....It is simply a matter of being able to visit Alaskan ports and Glaciers while complying with the PVSA : thus, it is just not feasible for a normal ship to accomplish its objectives AND sail thru the Inside Passage at least in one direction.:( . It has been tried northbound over a few summers....and ships just can't keep the schedule,lest they shorten a port of call, shave time off a visit to the Glaciers or arrive late back in Seattle ( has happened in the past...can't be done.!! Simple).I don't think fuel enters or has ever entered into the equation here....

With all due respects to the advertising ''geniuses'' who have a hand at all promotionnal and marketing documents, a Seattle-Alaska 7 day voyage is NOT an inside passage cruise; can't be, rarely has been in the past and likely will never be in the future. :cool:

My opinion anyways...

Cheers

Good evening,

Re; the Inside Passage....I suggest you'll find Vancouver-originating voyages all go thru the Inside Passage, both ways...and this will continue .It's natural & geographically logical way to sail towards Alaska , and return from there.:)

Re;The Seattle-originating 7 day voyages....It is simply a matter of being able to visit Alaskan ports and Glaciers while complying with the PVSA : thus, it is just not feasible for a normal ship to accomplish its objectives AND sail thru the Inside Passage at least in one direction.:( . It has been tried northbound over a few summers....and ships just can't keep the schedule,lest they shorten a port of call, shave time off a visit to the Glaciers or arrive late back in Seattle ( has happened in the past...can't be done.!! Simple).I don't think fuel enters or has ever entered into the equation here....

With all due respects to the advertising ''geniuses'' who have a hand at all promotionnal and marketing documents, a Seattle-Alaska 7 day voyage is NOT an inside passage cruise; can't be, rarely has been in the past and likely will never be in the future. :cool:

My opinion anyways...

Cheers

And yet, they're telling people it's because of the cost of fuel...interesting!

Damn good point ;) I'm currently working on blaming my shoe shopping on the cost of fuel :)

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but couldn't help but chuckle. I've recently discovered online shoe shopping, free shipping/free returns. I've been having a great time planning for my upcoming cruises:)

Sheila

Archived