Inside bottom deck

geospyder

We're taking the kids and grandkids on their first cruise. We're debating about the seven day Mexican cruise on the Splendor next July. Since we're paying for ten people and three cabins - plus since we don't expect to use the cabins except for sleeping and showering - we want to book inside cabins. Other than having to climb stairs or use the elevator, what is the advantage of upper decks versus lower decks?

We're taking the kids and grandkids on their first cruise. We're debating about the seven day Mexican cruise on the Splendor next July. Since we're paying for ten people and three cabins - plus since we don't expect to use the cabins except for sleeping and showering - we want to book inside cabins. Other than having to climb stairs or use the elevator, what is the advantage of upper decks versus lower decks?

The room size is the same. All the difference really is - is a little bit longer in the elevator or a few extra steps. Enjoy your cruise !!!!!:)

No real plus to inside upper decks. One potential plus (depending on your family) is that lower decks should be more stable if motion sickness is an issue. We have stayed in inside rooms a few times and my only complaint was that I wanted to walk the wrong way to get to the front of the ship when I came out the door! :rolleyes:

Enjoy your family cruise!

We like the riviera deck. It is our favorite. People don't come down there just to walk through the halls to get from one end of the ship to the other so there is alot less traffic and less noise. Also when the elevators come they are usually only filled with people that want to get off so you don't have to wait through several full elevators. The price is better and there is no difference between the rooms on other decks. So don't worry about booking a lower level cabin it is a great way to save a little money. Have a great first cruise!! Cindy

I did my first inside cabin on the lowest deck back in July. I LOVED it. We had one of the best room stewards I've ever had and it was quiet. We've always had balcony cabins before but this was a last minute decision (and a cheap rate). I'll definitely do it again. Go for it and have a fabulous cruise!!!!!

We like the riviera deck. It is our favorite. People don't come down there just to walk through the halls to get from one end of the ship to the other so there is alot less traffic and less noise. Also when the elevators come they are usually only filled with people that want to get off so you don't have to wait through several full elevators. The price is better and there is no difference between the rooms on other decks. So don't worry about booking a lower level cabin it is a great way to save a little money. Have a great first cruise!! Cindy

I agree...will be on the Rivera (inside room) next month! Did it last year..loved it..

And yes--less motion there!

I don't think there is one

Just want to add my 2 cents....we always book the Riviera deck, sometimes with an oceanview, sometimes with an inside. We love the quietness of this deck, the lack of traffic, and when we go with an inside room...we get the best sleep ever!

The only thing we do not do on this deck is go with a guarantee as we do not want to be all the way up front, or all the way in the back. Those rooms can be a little noisy from the engines and the anchors...but that is just my opinion.

Try it...I think you will love the Riviera deck.

Watch the back on the bottom floor. We loved it for the privacy that we had but when we docked the room vibrated to the point where are teens in the next room called because they thought that we had hit something! It happened every time that we docked and sometimes it was early especially on the day that we embarked. We were in the middle at the bottom once and it had only a quiet hum in the room and I slept like a baby.

Karysa

Just want to add my 2 cents....we always book the Riviera deck, sometimes with an oceanview, sometimes with an inside. We love the quietness of this deck, the lack of traffic, and when we go with an inside room...we get the best sleep ever!

The only thing we do not do on this deck is go with a guarantee as we do not want to be all the way up front, or all the way in the back. Those rooms can be a little noisy from the engines and the anchors...but that is just my opinion.

Try it...I think you will love the Riviera deck.

I agree with you completely. We book an assigned inside cabin midship. We'll be on Valor in January and midship is now a 4B rather than 4A even though on Riviera. We booked before the change in price. However, there was a price drop recently and we got the credit but they did change the catagory to 4B.

We also do a little more walking on the lower deck, but it helps to burn off calories from all the great food.:D

The only thing I don't like about the lower deck is the rowing. Fortunately, they let us take shifts, so 4hrs a day is not so bad.:):):)

We have booked the inside bottom twice and both times, the upgrade fairy brought us some portholes.

We only use the room to shower and "feed the cows". We are only in the room for 4, sometimes 5 minutes at a time, so who really cares?

:D:D:D

JB

Archived