Anytime Dinning? FOS??

jacksmom09

We were on the August 24th cruise on the Freedom of the Seas and we did it because we had our grandson with us so we wanted flexibility. We enjoyed it so much when we got home we switched to it again for our November cruise on the Freedom even though it will only be the two of us on that cruise. We had great service. We had the same waiter/asst waiter team 6 of the 7 nights and they took great care of us and the grandson. Looked like all the people working in area did a great job. We usually got there right after it opened most nights but even the other nights there was really no wait to get a table. I think the hours were from 6 to 9:30. You have to prepay the gratuaties but thats no problem the service was excellent. We gave them additional in the envelopes and I think everyone in the section pools their tips so they all work very well together. Hope this helps

We will be on FOS in a little over three weeks. We are going with another couple that has only cruised once before. They might want to change to the Freestyle Dinning. Is this still an option once you are on the ship? Can you do the conventional dinning most nights and the Freestyle on a few of the nights? Just wondering.

We will be on FOS in a little over three weeks. We are going with another couple that has only cruised once before. They might want to change to the Freestyle Dinning. Is this still an option once you are on the ship? Can you do the conventional dinning most nights and the Freestyle on a few of the nights? Just wondering.

I will be on in just over a week :D and I am wondering the same thing. I don't remember Freestyle Dining being an option when we booked and it would be nice to be able to try it out. Did I mention that our cruise is a week out? :D :D :D

I must stop smiling. People at work are beginning to think something is seriously wrong with me...

We were on FOS (8/24 - 8/31) and opted for MTD (and pre-paid gratuities) several weeks prior to the cruise. Main seating was too early for the adults in our party and late seating was too late for the children, so MTD worked great for us. We ate about seven each evening and were so pleased with the service on the first night, that we requested the same table and waitstaff for the remainder of the cruise. There seemed to be plenty of space set aside for MTD and we never noticed any long lines of people waiting to be seated.

From what we were told, MTD is being offered on a trial basis on just a few ships but will go fleetwide in the near future.

When we did it on the Freedom we had it booked before we got on the ship but I believe you can sign up the first day but can't say I'm sure on that. They usually have a time set up when you board the ship to go to the dining room and change your times etc. As for doing some nights conventional and some times MTD I don't think that is an option.

Archived