New Dining times - Prinsendam

Cruiseoften

guess the size of ship and number of passengers makes a difference.
In PRINSENDAM's case, it's simply a matter of the physical layout of the dining room.

The other ships (excluding the present NOORDAM, leaving the fleet momentarily) have two-deck dining rooms. Two sittings are on the upper level, and two others on the lower.

PRINSENDAM's dining room is only on one deck, thus this arrangement is not possible.

Coincidentally, PRINSENDAM's one dining room is really two rooms - one forward and one aft of the aft staircase - so I suppose they could run the four-seating arrangement with different dining times in each of the two rooms, but it seems that this is not going to be done for one reason or another.

PRINSENDAM's one dining room is really two rooms - one forward and one aft of the aft staircase - so I suppose they could run the four-seating arrangement with different dining times in each of the two rooms, but it seems that this is not going to be done for one reason or another.
But not really, because the forward dining area is very small. I didn't count chairs, but I doubt it would hold 100 people.

Archived