Tamarind reservations available online...

SarahQ

I'm not sure if this has posted on the main board or not, however - for those interested in booking reservations pre-sailing at Tamarind on the Eurodam, you CAN do so online.

I was under the impression from a thread I had read a while back that this was not possible and that one had to call ships services directly. Tamarind reservations are not listed in the main "Onboard Gifts" menu as Pinnacle reservations are, but they can be found under the "Variety" category.

Thought I'd share that for anyone who was unsure, or who couldn't find it in the "Onboard Gifts" section.

Thank you - this is interesting. I remember reading somewhere that when people make Pinnacle reservations using the "gifts" section online that their reservation is not for a particular date and time, and that you have to pay in advance, like a shore excursion, rather than having the charge show up on your onboard bill at the end of the cruise. This makes me wonder how complicated it would be to change or cancel if your reservation conflicts with something you wanted to do... not knowing the entertainment schedule in advance.. Am I just looking for problems?

I'll be on Eurodam Dec. 6 and would really like to try Tamarind, but am wondering if it's better to wait until we are onboard to make reservations, or to try the online route.

Moriah

I know this is going to sound extremely lame.. but what is "Ship Services"? And how does one find the number? I've never had a reason to phone ahead of a cruise so I'm in the dark about this....

Thanks!

Moriah

800-541-1576. You can order gifts, make reservations, ask questions, or request many types of special arrangements at that number.

Just to give some more info with online bookings - I know there are certainly people who feel more comfortable calling; however, there is no difference as far as what you are getting - in both cases you are paying in advance per person, you are "requesting" a certain date and time, and you receive an email confirmation.

There is no guarantee that you will receive the date and time you request, and you will likely need to go to the Pinnacle/Tamarind when you board to double-check the time you've been given (if you aren't flexible, as sometimes by the time you get your reservation card in your room, there is no space available to make changes).

Whether you call or book online, there will always be incidents where information is not sent to the ship from Seattle (happens frequently), so you will need to confirm, but either way you will be holding a confirmation that shows your payment and request, for what its worth ;)

I always take a copy of our credit card statement along with us -- just in case.

Whether you call or book online, there will always be incidents where information is not sent to the ship from Seattle (happens frequently), so you will need to confirm, but either way you will be holding a confirmation that shows your payment and request, for what its worth ;)
Three years ago, for the Westerdam, we made a PG reservation via phone for two people. We received no paper or email confirmation. The charge showed up on our credit card statement as two charges of $20 rather than one of $40, but I didn't think much of it. We did not confirm when we got onboard (we've learned!), and when we got to the PG we found that we had a reservation for one person only! :eek:

The credit card statement meant nothing to the Maitre d', because it did not specify what the charges were for. We had to pay an additional charge to eat to together and were told to straighten it out at the Front Desk. The F.D. said they had to "check with Seattle". It was not resolved by the time we debarked, and it took a letter and six weeks to get the extra $20 back!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the advice Sarah. I still had a bit of trouble finding it once I logged into the Onboard Gifts section. I didn't realize I had to once again enter my name, booking number, sailing date and ship before I could proceed. You were right once you have that you can checkmark your name and select choose gifts. Then you can pick your time and date for your dinner. I've done so for my cruise as I didn't want to miss an opportunity to try the restaurant. I can't wait to try Caneletto too. :)

Last I checked, you coulnd't make reservations on line or by phone for Caneletto or Tamarind for lunch. Both are free, but you need a reservation. We took care of this(and also confirmed Tamarind dinner reservations) as soon as we boarded.

Archived