Which of these concerns you...?

TMaine

Which of these concerns you the most ??  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these concerns you the most ??

• New =X= smoking policy
    • New =X= dress code
    • Chair hogs
    • Other - list below

Other - enforcement of the dress codes.

Other - the fuel surcharges. Why not just jack up the price $70? It's like you're nickel and diming me before I even get on board!

Other - that dining room coffee just HAS to get better. It SUCKS!

Other - no Mexican Riviera

Other - some of the Caribbean itineraries are lame

None of the above. I'm going on my next cruise to relax, sightsee, eat, spend time with my wife, etc. -- not to complain about smoking, other peoples clothes, the upkeep of the ship, or any other minor inconveniences that seem to predominate so many threads.

"I've had many troubles in my life -- Most of them never happened." -- Mark Twain

One of the best posts I've read in this forum in a very long time ... and from someone who rarely posts, too. Just goes to show you how some veteran posters have come to be viewed here.

Kudos to you, Roger.

I really like the new smoking and dress code policies. I see the need for the fuel charge (don't like it, but understand why is it there). My only concern is the possibility of less service - like carrying trays in the Lido. One more week and I'll not need to shop, prepare, serve or clean up after meals! Hurrah! However, it will be back to that after two weeks.

None of the above

Other: I'm really worried about our flights getting cancelled and having to pay an arm and a leg to get to Anchorage then home from Vancouver. Seriously, if our flights are cancelled that would probably mean we have to cancel the cruise, can't afford to pay double, triple, or even more that what we've already invested in airfare.

We're not worried at all about X - looking forward to the cruise!

I voted for chair hogs, as, from the three on the list, it is my biggest concern in relationship to the other two mentioned.

Smoking policy? YEA!

Dress Code change? Impacts me very little, as it won't really change the way I dress. Heck, it's "Jeans Day" at work, and I still have a sport coat on. Why would I change that on vacation?:cool:

Chair hogging impacts me very little, though. I get more amusement by watching them creep out early in the a.m. while I exercise on the deck above. :rolleyes:

Martini Bar closed for repairs? Now THERE'S something to mutiny about!:D

I see a lot of different threads started about the three topics I listed in the poll. I was just wondering if a lot of people are concerned about these things in their upcoming cruises or if a majority really just don't care too much about them - thus the "other" choice.

My main concern is getting to the ship on time. I don't let the actions of others effect my vacation.

Selected Other.

No matter how prepared I am for an upcoming cruise, I'm always excited and a bit nerous until I get aboard. I don't sit and worry about it, but I'm focused on getting us on and usually get there as soon as I can. We always get to a port the day before, and I don't really like running around that day, and focus on getting to the ship.

Aside from that, I have no concerns - just excited expectations.

Denny

That pretty well sums up how we do most cruises now. Getting there a day ahead especially if it's not round trip so we rent a car, drive to NJ after dropping our dog off at the kennel/farm/resort eases the rushing and possible grumbles at each other. Get to the Newark Marriott; DH drops me and luggage there; then he heads to the airport to drop off the car and take the hotel shuttle back. Dinner/drinks, double check for they fiftieth time our tickets and passports then sleep. Have the bellman get us a wheelchair accessible cab and we're off to the port. Once that mimosa is in my hand......big sigh. Total enjoyment, slightly marred by the very necessary muster drill, follows.

Other - changing an itinerary by eliminating ports or reducing time in port in order to save fuel costs.

Yes, that's our biggest concern, too. That and changes to the menus which do away with lobster, good steaks, etc.

As for the smoking policy changes, we say HOORAY! That's the mean reason IN FAVOR of cruising Celebrity now.

We also like the change to the dress code that eliminates the informal nights altogether. We would prefer not more than one formal night per week of cruising on any length cruise.

Add me to the "none of the above" ranks....even though I'm six weeks away from my first Celebrity cruise.

Well, there is that small thing of no wrap around promenade deck but I have no problem turning around once I can go no further :). I'll be packing less (pray for me) but will still bring along a good attitude and enjoy my first trip to Europe!

ps - I've heard such dreadful reviews of the coffee.....please tell me it's improved?!?

The new smoking policy has made =X= my line of choice! I was a little disappointed they made the dress code less formal (I love people watching on formal nights when everybody is decked out), but this is not a big deal to me. The poor quality coffee would be my biggest concern; I was told they are improving their coffee and hopefully this is the case.

Gonzo,

We should sail together--I agree on all counts. And I can say that on Infinity two weeks ago the coffee was much improved over our previous cruises. Especially if you get a hot, fresh pot. I think you will be happy. And we live in Seattle and we are huge coffee freaks (only french press will do:p )

Jim

It is hard to be concerned with any of those things with other things going on such as:

My family in Houston with no power, no work and no medical care after Hurricane Ike.

Losing a good chunk of my retirement funds because of what has been going on with the US Stock Market.

Losing 1/2 my business because of this bad economy and paying almost $5 per gallon for gas.

What was your question again? I mean,,come on, it is a vacation. An escape from this horror that has become our life. What is there to worry about? go on your cruise and have fun and escape, that is what it is there for!

It is hard to be concerned with any of those things with other things going on such as:

My family in Houston with no power, no work and no medical care after Hurricane Ike.

Losing a good chunk of my retirement funds because of what has been going on with the US Stock Market.

Losing 1/2 my business because of this bad economy and paying almost $5 per gallon for gas.

What was your question again? I mean,,come on, it is a vacation. An escape from this horror that has become our life. What is there to worry about? go on your cruise and have fun and escape, that is what it is there for!

Didn't you hear? Your economic problems are psychological.

I'm sorry to hear about your family and Ike.

Archived