DO YOU PRE ORDER FOOD ON PRINCESS  

45 members have voted

1. 1. DO YOU PRE ORDER FOOD ON PRINCESS

• NO WAY
    • YES BUT I DID NOT LIKE IT
    • YES AND IT WAS JUST OK
    • YES IT WAS A GOOD VALUE
    • OW YEA IT'S FANTASTIC

OK gang, I got my cruise answer book and doc's a few days ago and found the greatest looking canapes and many other things we can order now and receive on the cruise the princess web site has lots of great looking stuff to. Has anyone ever purchased or have sampled or eaten the food in the book or that the web site sells, like the canapes, and do you get them when you arrive at the room?..ps is the ice-cream card for 10 ice creams for 17.50 worth the cost? thanks any input on any of the pre order stuff would be great....thanks again

OK gang, I got my cruise answer book and doc's a few days ago and found the greatest looking canapes and many other things we can order now and receive on the cruise the princess web site has lots of great looking stuff to. Has anyone ever purchased or have sampled or eaten the food in the book or that the web site sells, like the canapes, and do you get them when you arrive at the room?..ps is the ice-cream card for 10 ice creams for 17.50 worth the cost? thanks any input on any of the pre order stuff would be great....thanks again

If you pre order canapes then you will get a card in the room to give to room service personel when it is actually delivered.

Some have said that they were waiting on the room upon their arrival.

You can order the same things onboard through room service without having to pre order.

can you order bottles of hard alcohol such as a bottle of rum at the same price as before the debarkation? for consumption in your room? thanks

No. They hold it until the last day of the cruise. Bring you own from home.

Some Unwanted Comments (just personal opinions):

Canapes: Look a lot better than they taste except for Chocolate Strawberries (the Tuxedo ones look great and taste great)

Cheese Tray -- you get so much they last for ever.

Vegetarian Sandwich: Free and comes with potato chips!

Take Ziplock bags to store leftovers in fridge of what you order (and pay for).

Except for Embarkation day one can get better appetizers from the buffet. If one is inviting guests to the cabin, the cheese tray and guacamole dips from Room Service (both cost $$) are worthwhile because the presentation is very good.

OK gang, I got my cruise answer book and doc's a few days ago and found the greatest looking canapes and many other things we can order now and receive on the cruise the princess web site has lots of great looking stuff to. Has anyone ever purchased or have sampled or eaten the food in the book or that the web site sells, like the canapes, and do you get them when you arrive at the room?..

Excuse me , I didn't know that you could.

Your not entirely wrong .375 mls. If you don't look fast enough they could disappear. The other alternative preferred.

GERTZ

Princess elite

Next Tahitian 9/18 Vancouver to Honolulu.Next Week:D

Coral 4/12 FLL to LA

Island 8/17 Back to Alaska 4th time w/grandson:D

Canapes: Look a lot better than they taste except for Chocolate Strawberries (the Tuxedo ones look great and taste great)

Vegetarian Sandwich: Free and comes with potato chips!

If one is inviting guests to the cabin, the cheese tray and guacamole dips from Room Service (both cost $$) are worthwhile because the presentation is very good.

*The canapes are good as long as they're fresh. If they were assembled hours earlier, the base is stale, and the toppings are dry.

*We've received cheese trays as Bon Voyage gifts, and have enough to snack on for a few days afterwards.

*The vegetarian sandwich is so simple - but it's awesome! One of my favorite Princess food items.

The chips with guacamole/salsa is another Princess fave. Love it!

I'm getting hungry :p Sailing on the Star to Alaska in 3 days!

Chris

another "misinformation" post....

yes, you can order small bottles (375 mls) from room service while on the ship.

BUT, it is so over priced that it's not even funny. Gordon's Gin 375 ml is $3.50 here in Michigan, and Princess asks $17.00:eek: . Buy plastic bottles & pack them in ziploc type bags in your checked luggage.

Jan

For the last 5 or so cruises we have been having a sailaway party on our balcony for us and some friends. We have ordered the shrimp, the cheese trays, canapes, chocolate covered strawberries , and the great guacamole dip and chips. And lest I forget, the champagne!

There are always gift cards in the room upon arrival and I simply call room service and tell them what we want and it is delivered promptly. It just couldn't be much easier.

Mike:)

With having ice cream available 3 times daily (lunch in dr, Horizon buffet at 3:30, evening in dr & again in Horizon) It hardly justifies spending $17.50 for another 10 scoops. Some seem to think the ice cream they serve for a price during the day is of better quality. Perhaps it is but you'll have to be the judge of that one. ;)

http://inlinethumb57.webshots.com/33144/2768978200103243266S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb51.webshots.com/40498/2664844470103243266S600x600Q85.jpg

We love the canapes! We also think the shrimp are great (you get far more than they describe), the guac is also great!

Please be advised that while you can ORDER from Room Service, you must do so 6 hours in advance. You cannot call 30 minutes ahead as previously stated.

If you pre-order and you board early do not expect for your pre-ordered items to be in the room. I would expect them to be delivered prior to sailaway - you may need to inquire or prompt to ensure delivery. If you receive the "coupon" and you want the item for sailaway, you'll need to let them know asap.

We've made a sailaway tradition of carrying on a nice bottle of French Champagne and having a little party on our balcony.

Bon Voyage!

If one is inviting guests to the cabin, the cheese tray and guacamole dips from Room Service (both cost $$) are worthwhile because the presentation is very good.

Would one cheese tray and one order of the guacamole would be plenty for 8 people?

Would one cheese tray and one order of the guacamole would be plenty for 8 people?

Laura,

I can eat the guacamole all by myself. :D But the one time we pre-ordered it was in the room and we treated it as lunch. Saves hitting the buffet. For just a little snack get together for 8 you might want to double up.

...I can eat the guacamole all by myself. :D But the one time we pre-ordered it was in the room and we treated it as lunch. Saves hitting the buffet. For just a little snack get together for 8 you might want to double up.

DH and I tend to polish off the guacamole/salsa and chips very quickly :D I think one cheese tray and two guac/salsa/chips trays should do it!

Bon Appetit!

Chris

DH and I tend to polish off the guacamole/salsa and chips very quickly :D I think one cheese tray and two guac/salsa/chips trays should do it!

Bon Appetit!

Chris

Absolutely! My DH and I finished the Guacamole/chips immediately (get two of those)....Yummy!!!! The cheese was so much.....we had it for days! It will be plenty! You may need more crackers!

Last year on the Golden, we were totally thrilled and surprised when we found in our cabin (upon arrival) a lovely plate of chocolate covered strawberries.:D Given to us by some friends I had made on our roll call. We meet them earlier that day when we arrived on the ship.

The strawberries were wonnnnnnderful and we shared them with our new friends who sent them to us and the 2 friends we cruised with. We all came back to our cabin to eat them and toast our drinks for a great cruise. Which we most certainly had with our new friends!

Archived