Copper Canyon Tour

Speedo

I forgot to mention, on our cruise last year, the copper canyon trip was sold out BEFORE anyone boarded the ship. The waiting list was huge. Book early if you want to go.

It was on my cruise as well. I would think as a rule if you wait until you board you'll be hooped.

My dw and I took this trip last year. It is a wonderful opportunity, but not a luxury trip. The train is marvelous, a period piece, the views are tremendous and the the trip to the canyon is quite an experience. The canyon itself is beautiful. The tahaamura (sp) are fascinating. the trip home is long, but everyone on the trip trys their best. when we retuned to the ship we met the top officers and a receivinng line. Great experience not to be missed. Of course all things good require some effort and inconvenience, but well worth while. If you would rather be comfortable than have an interesting exerience, by all means find an alternative activity. you will be sorry, however.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been looking around but haven't been able to find cost info for the Copper Canyon Excursion (other than "expensive," if anyone can share specifics I'd be grateful).Thanks!

Beckaboo - we paid $399 pp in Dec '05 for the Copper Canyon trip. I expect the price has gone up since then. If you have a booking number for an upcoming cruise, you can log on to the HAL shore excursions & see current prices.

We just booked this cruise, but saw a very inactive Roll-call.

I think we will not book the Copper Canyon, since it is a very long long (too long?) day.

Hopefully we will go there one day. but probably with one of those 8 day tours from El Paso.

Looking forward to a nice sunny cruise after a wet NL summer.

Caravan tours does a 8 day/7 night from El Paso for $995.00. The cancelation insurance (Cancel for Any Reason and receive 90% back) is like HALs and about $99.00. I do not know anything about them but it also includes 3 meals per day.

Beckaboo - we paid $399 pp in Dec '05 for the Copper Canyon trip. I expect the price has gone up since then. If you have a booking number for an upcoming cruise, you can log on to the HAL shore excursions & see current prices.

The price, this November for this tour for adults is $439 and children are $239.

Sounds like a big day out!!!!

:D :D :D

Caravan tours does a 8 day/7 night from El Paso for $995.00. The cancelation insurance (Cancel for Any Reason and receive 90% back) is like HALs and about $99.00. I do not know anything about them but it also includes 3 meals per day.

That is indeed the company I heard about. Looks like a good deal (8 days transportation and many meals incl.) and of course more time in the canyon. Hopefully next year....

Archived