Tux rentals? can you on ship?

realtreebar

Yes you can. The rental cost covers both formal nights. Be aware that RCCL used to use a comapany called cruiselineformal.com but are now on a number of ships replacing this service with their own. I am FOS in just under two weeks on back to back. I tried in vain for over six weeks to get a Tux ordered in advance. Numerous emails and phonecalls from Australia later I finally got one reserved. Not much choice though compared to Cruiseline formal. Can't get white for instance. I should also say the RCCL totally sucked throughout this whole affair. In the end they simply just ignored my emails. No way to treat a past passenger.

I have used cruiseline formal may times in the past and intend to do so in the future. Very easy web page ordering and the tux has always been there, on time, well pressed, "no fuss-no mess".

Price has remained constant for several years. Great bargain without the packing hassle.

RCCL HAS indeed taken over the tux rental and I have talked to them about a tux for our Hawaii cruise next month and they were great. But I am not holding my breathe that the tux will be there on time. I guess I am a bit of a pessimist.

Oh well when we return I will post about the tux experience.:cool:

please post your comments when u return. maybe u could label it good tux/bad tux, depending on the type of service u received. I am planning on renting one next year, so will wait to hear your experience.

cheers

Can anyone tell me what the cost for renting a basic black tux is. My husband would normally wear his kilt for formal dinners, but we are having a two week tour of California before we cruise, so luggage is tight, and his kilt would crease!

Thanks.

Hi! We are from England and have rented one for later this month in the Med. It's cost us $85 plus $2.50 for any "accidents" to it!!! We got it through Cruiselineformalwear but I believe RCI are taking over the rentals at the end of this month.

Can anyone tell me what the cost for renting a basic black tux is. My husband would normally wear his kilt for formal dinners, but we are having a two week tour of California before we cruise, so luggage is tight, and his kilt would crease!

Thanks.

They offer two packages one is 89.00 and the other is 99.00.

Can anyone post a link to the information on the tux rental situation? If RCCL has taken over (and raised the price), I'd like to see what is available. Also, has cruiselineformal been removed as a source of tux rentals or do we have a choice between RCCL and cruiselineformal?

Thanks

originally posted by mpbmark

Can anyone post a link to the information on the tux rental situation? If RCCL has taken over (and raised the price), I'd like to see what is available. Also, has cruiselineformal been removed as a source of tux rentals or do we have a choice between RCCL and cruiselineformal?

Thanks

mpbmark looks like cruiselineformal is out of the picture completely. I tried to rent for my upcoming cruise and was told that they arent available.

However when we received our docs RCCL had info on renting. They had two options available, one is to go to http://tuxedorentals.rccl.com when I went to that link the only option for ships was Independence of the Seas. The other option was to call 1-800-722-5443 and select 2 for tuxedos, I did not call as I got so frustrated I decided to just bring a suit. Its possible they have more info now since it was about 2 weeks ago that I tried all this. Good luck.

I am on AOS next week (21 September) and yesterday reserved a tuxedo. It is true that RCL have taken over formal wear services, at least for some ships. When I tried using the Cruiseline Formal Wear contact from the RCL Mycruises page, they informed me that they were no longer servicing AOS out of San Juan.

The number I used to contact RCL for formal wear rental is: 1-800-590-6193. The RCL agent I spoke with was very friendlly and explained that RCL expected to have better service by having formal wear inventory on board the ships...that remains to be seen. She also said that rentals would be available post sailing, on a first-come, first-served basis. I would assume limited size inventories.

I reserved a basic black tuxedo which included coat, trousers, 2 raised-collar shirts, tie, cumberbund, and studs/cuff links. The package price was $89 (up $4 from the previous vendor). Dress shoes are available (in regular & wide sizes) for an additional $12. Dress socks are available for a $6 purchase and suspenders are available for a $5 rental. They had another tux package for $99 which I assume is a folded-collar shirt, long tie, and vest combination in black. They needed the same information as was requested on the web site (height & weight, chest & neck & waist circumferences, sleeve & inseam & outseam lengths, shoe size as needed).

The offerings from RCL seem limited from that offered by Cruisline Formal. I did not inquire into other offerings (like the more casual suit. womens dress & pant outfits, etc.). They told me that white jacket was not an offering at this time.

According to the RCL agent, the package should be delivered, supposedly by an on-board tailor, before 6:00 P.M. on sailing day and would be picked up after the second formal evening.

I'll let you know in two weeks how it worked ;).

Larry

Southern Caribbean First Cruise 21-28 Sep 2008

Thanks for the update. I was always very happy with cruiselineformal but as usual, when things work well, someone always thinks they can do better.

Plus this appears to be another profit center for RCCL especially since the airlines have reduced their level of service vis-a-vis, charging for luggage.

I'm rapidly approaching the position that I just won't bother with formal wear. "Times, they are a-changing," and over the last few years, I've seen many people who just blow off the formal stuff and, to the best of my knowledge, no one has been thrown overboard.

I look forward to your posts re: service and availability, upon your return.

Archived