Carnival Circle C program

BLUEROSEKY

Do any of you have experience with this age group program? My two DS'S (13 & 14) are not very thrilled with the idea of it. They think it will be too babyish. To be honest, reading the info on Carnival's site I tend to agree with them. Can anyone tell me some more about it? I am hoping to get their interest up. They have agreed to go the first night, only because I told them that would be the best way to meet some kids their age, and that there would probably be girls there, lol. :p

I have only been on one cruise, and this will be their first. I have read some of your suggestions and am using them for guidelines as to how much freedom to allow them. I don't want to sit on them the whole time, but I am still freaked :eek: about letting them loose in an unfamiliar atmosphere.

So any suggestions you can throw me would be greatly appreciated. They are well traveled as far as land vacations, but this is a new situation for all of us.

Thanks

Karen

Our 12 YO son did Circle C on Victory a few weeks ago. He liked hanging out in the club space playing video games, scavenger hunts, and sports activities like mini golf and dodge ball. Our cruise took place during the Olympics, so they did some Olympic-themed activities with the kids divided into teams (son's team was Australia). You can do as many or as few of the organized activities as you'd like (he wasn't into candy art or make-a-necklace:p). He met a number of kids through the club; they'd even meet up for lunch on sea days. In all, he really enjoyed Circle C and is looking forward to trying it again.

• 3 weeks later...

I was on the carnival liberty in the summer. I was 14 and only a couple months short of the older group. At first it seemed like everyone was going to be too young, but I went on the first night and I met one really good friend. From there we met other kids and I was never alone the rest of the cruise there were about 6 or 7 of us. I never really used the kids club but if I didnt go the first night I wouldnt have met the people I did and I wouldnt have had such a good time!:)

My boys 12 and 13 loved it. They had their own club with flat screens on the wall, playstations, and a Wii. They stayed busy all week either doing something with CC or hanging out playing put-put, ping pong, or swimming with the kids from the group. Just make sure they go once or twice (even if they think it is lame) so they can meet some other kids their age. Enjoy your cruise!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to let everyone know that the boys enjoyed the Circle C program. The first day they stuck to us like glue, but by the second afternoon they started participating and had a lot more fun. Once they met some kids their own ages and began attending the different activities, they really enjoyed the cruise. So Thank you! I was going to post the Circle C capers once we got home, however they were so wrinkled from being in their pockets the whole time, you couldn't hardly read them!

They both enjoyed the shows they attended with us, and the games and trivia as well. They even liked going to dinner with us in the dining room and tried different foods each night! I was so proud of both of them! They jumped on the new experiances and really seemed to enjoy themselves.

Now they want to go on another cruise that goes to the Yucatan so that they can see the Mayan ruins!

Thanks!

Karen

Thank you so much for posting that, Michele!!! My fourteen year old just got even more excited, if that's possible! :)

By the way, you are simply a plethora of GREAT information. Kudos to you for being so diligent in saving and collecting your cruise info!

Awww I'm glad she is so excited. :D Have a great time and please come back and tell us all about it.

Now they want to go on another cruise that goes to the Yucatan so that they can see the Mayan ruins!

Thanks!

Karen

Awesome! I am glad they had a blast. Have fun planning the ruins.

There was a group of about 12 kids who had meet through Circle C. These kids spent the ENTIRE cruise together, even when not in Circle C activities. It was so cute, on the last night all 12 kids had there picture taken at one of the casual setting portrait areas. You could see they had a great time and made some good friends.

Archived