Eurodam v. Oosterdam???

bzv143

Help! Trying to choose between an Anniversary cruise aboard Oosterdam or Eurodam. We are Holland America virgins. Please recommend (keep in mind the itinerary is unimportant--we just like to rock on a ship!).

We may need a bit more information, 'we like to rock on a ship' doesn't tell us much about what you like. :)

The ships are quite similar; the Eurodam is brand new and the Oosterdam is 5 years old. Eurodam is a bit bigger.

Peter is right. But when I think of "rock on a ship", HAL isn't what comes to mind.

What kind of atmosphere are you looking for? HAL is more subdued, relaxed, traditional than it is go-go-go, party all day and all night.

I have read all the Eurodam reviews and have been on the Oosterdam .. and for whatever it is worth .. I think the 500 extra passengers might crowd the ship somewhat. I love the Oosterdam and I worry about that ..

However .. I have also heard about the dancing on the tables ..that may tip the balance ;)

I have read all the Eurodam reviews and have been on the Oosterdam .. and for whatever it is worth .. I think the 500 extra passengers might crowd the ship somewhat. I love the Oosterdam and I worry about that ..

However .. I have also heard about the dancing on the tables ..that may tip the balance ;)

The Osterdam's capacity is 1,848 and the Eurodam's 2,104 (256 difference).

I've heard and/or read somewhere that you can dance on the tables in the Northern Lights on Eurodam with that image being projected on the dance floor's big screen - how's that for rocking the ship?:cool:
NO! ;) ;) I can't imagine that happening... :D :D :D

Ah you are correct .. the big difference is on the New class of Princess ships after the Diamond and Sapphire .. and we KNOW we don't like the Carib Princess while loving the Sapphire ..

Thanks for straightening me out on that !!!

Isn't Oosterdam the same size as Westerdam? We were just on Eurodam and Westerdam in 2007. At our M&G the Captain said our capacity on Westerdam was 2,200 plus (I forget the exact number), but the difference was in the triples. I find Westerdam, Noordam and Eurodam to feel the same in terms of capacity.

Ah you are correct .. the big difference is on the New class of Princess ships after the Diamond and Sapphire .. and we KNOW we don't like the Carib Princess while loving the Sapphire ..

Thanks for straightening me out on that !!!

Our first cruise was on the Caribbean Princess and I liked it. Then again, teh charter wasn't quite sold out and there were no kids, so maybe that was a whole different experience!

Isn't Oosterdam the same size as Westerdam? We were just on Eurodam and Westerdam in 2007. At our M&G the Captain said our capacity on Westerdam was 2,200 plus (I forget the exact number), but the difference was in the triples. I find Westerdam, Noordam and Eurodam to feel the same in terms of capacity.

I just go by HAL's Ship Facts number. :)

Archived