Aft Suites?

bzv143

Anyone been in an aft suite--the corner ones, esp. on Deck 6 above the restaurant?

The corner cabins with the wrap-around balconies are on the Vistas and E-dam. Those ships have the dining room on decks 2-3; deck 6 wouldn't be anywhere close.

The ships with the dining room on decks 4-5 don't have corner cabins with wrap-around balconies.

We love the corner aft suites:) While the cabin size may be smaller, there is just nothing better than the view of the wake from the aft/stern. We have been on deck 5 ccroner aft numerous times and in just 5 weeks from tomorrow will be on the deck 6 so we will get to see what it looks like from up above our usual cabin;)

Our first cruise on HAL was in an aft corner suite. We have been spoiled for life. We have two coming up for this winter season - one on the Eurodam and one on the Noordam.

I understand that the Eurodam aft suites are a bit smaller than the Vista class.

Time will tell. Perhaps the balcony will make up for the smaller suite, although I think that's smaller, too.

My DH says he feels like a king when he sits on his balcony and watches the wake of the ship. That's fine with me as long as I can be a queen.

Roberta

Wee had the corner on Deck 5 on the Oosterdam last February and have the same corner cabin on the Eurodam on our October 1st cruise.

On the Oosterdam our group had all the aft cabins on deck five so we opened all the partitions and had a great party...

Think the room is a little smaller but laid out well. The verandah is huge and very nice.

Ruth & Jim

From what I have read, the aft balconies on the Eurodam are only 70" deep. This is much smaller than the Oosterdam which must have been at least 10 to 12 feet deep on our cruise last February. The scheduled "improvements" to the Oosterdam probably will bring it in line with the Eurodam as they add more cabins and square off the stern. I loved the corner aft SB suite we had on th O. I have one on Eurodam for the Thanksgiving cruise and I hope it isn't a disappointment.

If you'd like to see the pictures of our aft corner SC on Westerdam I'm providing a link below. The cabin number on the pictures (5186) has been changed to 5190 since the refit. Th cabin and balcony pix are on page 4.

And, yes, the same cabins on Eurodam have balconies that are not as wide as those you'll see in my pictures.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/554456434vmsmzT

hope this helps,

GN

If you'd like to see the pictures of our aft corner SC on Westerdam I'm providing a link below. The cabin number on the pictures (5186) has been changed to 5190 since the refit. Th cabin and balcony pix are on page 4.

And, yes, the same cabins on Eurodam have balconies that are not as wide as those you'll see in my pictures.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/554456434vmsmzThope this helps. GN

Wow~~I want that balcony !! Thanks GN.

Pat

It is not a HC cabin. One of the nicest features beside the balcony is the abundance of storage space which would make it ideal for a longer cruise. There is a bank of closets on the side of the bed, another mirrored bank in the dressing room and wrap around cupboards from the window edge of the sofa to the balcony door. In this suite the lack of sufficient drawer space on the Vistas didn't bother me a bit.

The cabin interior is about the same size as an SS but the balcony is big enough for about 20 people and the side is long enough for a dog run. It has a narrower bar area than the S and R class suites have but it's every bit as functional.

We loved this cabin, but the walking for me was a different story, especially when re-boarding in port from a forward gangway.

I can't imagine someone not loving these cabins on the wake.

GN

Archived