Anybody used Tickitaly.com?

I am interested in buying advance tickets for Venice, the Doges Palace and the Secret Itineraries tour that Tickitaly.com has to offer. I am nervous about giving credit card details before asking if anyone has used this site and what kind of experience you had? Any help is appreciated!

bjb - If you could purchase a $5.00 phone card, you can phone directly to the Doge Palace ticket reservation office and you won't need to give any credit card information. I also used the phone card to phone directly to the Florence L'Accademia Museum for those reservations also. It was real easy and you get a confirmation number.

This is the info I found on CC and I followed the directions and all worked out well:

Doge Palace: If you want to do the Secret Itinerary Tour at Doge Palace (15 Euro) make an advance reservation as it sells out early. Call 011-39-041-52-09-070. Obviously they will answer in Italian. Ask them ‘parle Inglese’ and they will switch to English for you. You will receive a tour number for either the 9:55; 10:45 or 11:35 English tour. On the day of your tour arrive 20 minutes early. Go to the pre-arranged tour desk to pay and get your ticket.

The Secret Itinerary Tour is definitely worth it.

bjb - If you could purchase a $5.00 phone card, you can phone directly to the Doge Palace ticket reservation office and you won't need to give any credit card information. I also used the phone card to phone directly to the Florence L'Accademia Museum for those reservations also. It was real easy and you get a confirmation number.

This is the info I found on CC and I followed the directions and all worked out well:

Doge Palace: If you want to do the Secret Itinerary Tour at Doge Palace (15 Euro) make an advance reservation as it sells out early. Call 011-39-041-52-09-070. Obviously they will answer in Italian. Ask them ‘parle Inglese’ and they will switch to English for you. You will receive a tour number for either the 9:55; 10:45 or 11:35 English tour. On the day of your tour arrive 20 minutes early. Go to the pre-arranged tour desk to pay and get your ticket.

Thank you so much for the phone number, I will give them a call and reserve that way. I am very reluctant to give my credit card info out as DH and I have already been victims of identity fraud.

Fully agree with all this. The only thing I will add, is that when you ring them you will hear a message, something similar to ...for Italian press 1, for English press 2..and you will be put straight through to an English speaking operator, so there won't be any language issues at all.

Also, just as an aside, I used tickitaly and wished I hadn't. Not because there was an issue with the process, it was as smooth as silk. I just exchanged the voucher I was sent at the ticket office and was in straight away. However, there is quite a mark up on the price of the tickets. Also, once booked, there is no flexibility. Unfortunately, I had booked quite far in advance and in the event, one of our party couldn't make it. Even though I was able to tell them this several months in advance they wouldn't put the spare ticket back into 'the pot' for some-one else to use.

If I were to do this again, I would definately book direct with the information crazy4cruzin supplied.

• 2 weeks later...
I just checked and you can book the Doge's Tour directly for 15-16 euro,or pay 21 to use tickitaly. . .I am not all that keen to spend $15 extra when I could buy a couple of glasses of wine with it after my tour!

You're right -- the booking fee can be avoided if you book directly at this site:

http://www.museiciviciveneziani.it/main.asp?lin=en

And then click on the "ON LINE BOOKINGS" link at the bottom right of the page.

You're right -- the booking fee can be avoided if you book directly at this site:

http://www.museiciviciveneziani.it/main.asp?lin=en

And then click on the "ON LINE BOOKINGS" link at the bottom right of the page.

Be careful about using this site. I did, and received an initial confirmation of the booking. It said I would receive two more emails, one confirming payment and the other with the final confirmation. That was two weeks ago, and I have received neither. I sent two emails back to the address they gave for problems and never got an answer. I tried calling the agency that actually processes the payment, etc. twice (teleart) and got only a recording. Finally, this morning, I called the museum itself, and we DO have a reservation! They swore they had sent final confirmation, though I never received it. Anyway, she said all I needed was the initial reservation number, which we have.

If this happens to you, call the palace itself at the number given in a previous message and see if you do, in fact, actually have a reservation.

Nancy

Be careful about using this site. I did, and received an initial confirmation of the booking. It said I would receive two more emails, one confirming payment and the other with the final confirmation. That was two weeks ago, and I have received neither. I sent two emails back to the address they gave for problems and never got an answer. I tried calling the agency that actually processes the payment, etc. twice (teleart) and got only a recording. Finally, this morning, I called the museum itself, and we DO have a reservation! They swore they had sent final confirmation, though I never received it. Anyway, she said all I needed was the initial reservation number, which we have.

If this happens to you, call the palace itself at the number given in a previous message and see if you do, in fact, actually have a reservation.

Nancy

Thanks for the warning. How far in advance were you able to book? Right now, I'm only seeing availability through Nov. 2 for this and any other tour being offered -- we will be there Nov. 19 - 20. I may just call after all as that seems to be the surer route.

Thanks for the warning. How far in advance were you able to book? Right now, I'm only seeing availability through Nov. 2 for this and any other tour being offered -- we will be there Nov. 19 - 20. I may just call after all as that seems to be the surer route.

I didn't try until September 20 for Oct. 18. When I booked ours, there was 1 ticket left for the 9:45 tour and there were 7 for the 10:45, which will be ours. I guess that means they had been available for a few days at least by the time I found the website.

If I had it to do over again, I think I would just call for the reservation and pay when I got there as some have suggested.

We leave for Italy tomorrow!!

Nancy

I didn't try until September 20 for Oct. 18. When I booked ours, there was 1 ticket left for the 9:45 tour and there were 7 for the 10:45, which will be ours. I guess that means they had been available for a few days at least by the time I found the website.

If I had it to do over again, I think I would just call for the reservation and pay when I got there as some have suggested.

We leave for Italy tomorrow!!

Nancy

Thanks, and have a wonderful time!

Okay, back and no problems with tickitaly vouchers for The Last Supper in Milan.

Gave voucher at reservation desk and they gave me the tickets.

Only thing is I had to contact them a second time to get the vouchers. They put them in a queque because I was trying to reserve very early. If I hadn't contacted them a second time I might not of gotten the voucher for the dates I wanted.

dog

I bought tix to Borghese Gallery in Rome thru TicketItaly and had all my vouchers etc and then the ship changed the Rome/Florence dates on us.

I called them (From Sydney to Italy) and explained the situation and she provided options. We ended up taking a ticket to the Accademia in Florence instead.

They exchanged the tix and sent new vouchers (there was an additional 2-3 euro fee as the Accademia was more expensive anyway).

I will tell you next week if they worked fine!!

;)

Last minute changes are why I prefer the reservation only method, even if it involves calling them for the reservations. I'm glad TicketItaly was able to work something out for you, I've also heard folks complain that they were out $ or euros because of a last minute change. I hope you're having a good time even with the last minute changes!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I took this tour a couple of weeks ago. It was very interesting and took about 1.5 hours with the guide. After the tour you are free to visit the Palace itself as the Secret Itinerary Tour starts at the top of the "Golden Staircase". The group that I was in had about 20 people so it was not too large a group. I did not book through the ticket agency. I called Italy directly and reserved tickets. Walked in and avoided the line up for people waiting to buy tickets.

hI - I did use Tickitaly for the secret Doges Tour. Worked out fine. In fact there were about 8 of us off the ship who prebooked this way for the same tour & time. Made it more fun to be with folk we knew. No trouble swappping the tickets but 'prebooked ticket this way signs' are not always easy to find .

Loved the tour & you have freetime aftrwards to explore the rest of the palace & go over the Bridge of Sighs to the prisons.

enjoy

Archived