FREE LUGGAGE...Anyone?

PrincessMelody

UPS just dropped off a package earlier this evening, and it was from Princess. It was a 25" Black Samsonite Ultra Light Rolling Luggage bag. It has a leather Princess luggage tag with it. It is VERY nice!!! Along with it came this letter:

Thank you for choosing Princess for your upcoming vacation. Enclosed is your Samsonite Outline 8 expandable upright luggage courtesy of Princess. We hope you enjoy its use on your upcoming cruise or any future cruises with Princess.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard!

It was signed by the manager of loyalty services.

I'm not sure why we got it...but it sure is an awesome bag, and a great surprise!! Anyone else get this?

So Princess just gave you some luggage? You must be an elite member, Penthouse or something. If not I just dont' understand. Hope mine is on the way!

Oh My, I thought all the luggage was past us.

This was a promotion by Princess for SOME targeted passengers only, quite some time ago. They had to book a cruise by a certain date and only if you were targeted did it apply. Sorry!

Oh My, I thought all the luggage was past us.

This was a promotion by Princess for SOME targeted passengers only, quite some time ago. They had to book a cruise by a certain date and only if you were targeted did it apply. Sorry!

Maybe they had some leftover bags and are randomly giving them away??! I'll take one if they need to give away more. ;)

Thanks for all your replies. I must have missed the posts about the luggage. I tried to search the forums, but it kept coming back "search function temporarily down". Didn't mean to bother anyone! I was just curious as to why we got it...I had not been aware of any promotion...it just showed up out of the blue.

I'm not sure why we got it...but it sure is an awesome bag, and a great surprise!! Anyone else get this?

Well, others have explained the real reason you received the luggage, but I think it's part of a larger conspiracy between Princess and the Airlines to give you larger luggage so you'll have to pay the overweight fee and also give you a new piece to hold all your formal clothes - of course, the second piece will also be subject to the Airline's extra 2nd piece of luggage charge!

Well, others have explained the real reason you received the luggage, but I think it's part of a larger conspiracy between Princess and the Airlines to give you larger luggage so you'll have to pay the overweight fee and also give you a new piece to hold all your formal clothes - of course, the second piece will also be subject to the Airline's extra 2nd piece of luggage charge!

LOL!! You are probably right!!:eek:

We recieved one of two piecies today as well via UPS, we are scheduled to take our second Princess Cruise in three weeks. It really is a nice quality piece of luggage. Thank you Princess.

StevenA

I hadn't heard of anyone getting two pieces. But, that's great if you get another piece.

We recieved one of two piecies today as well via UPS, we are scheduled to take our second Princess Cruise in three weeks. It really is a nice quality piece of luggage. Thank you Princess.

StevenA

Let us know if you do receive a second piece of luggage. If you do, you will be very lucky. As one per household/booking was supposed to be the max.

Enjoy!

This promotion was offered last year, and was given to a "select" few. You needed to book a cruise before November 30. We are sailing on a group cruise this year with 8 other friends. I placed all of them on the referral program. My brother received a postcard in the mail for the luggage, but not anyone else. I believe it was because after he received the email regarding the referral, he signed up immediately on Princess' web site. He then received the postcard regarding the luggage promotion. We did book our cruise before November 30 and he is getting the luggage. Although, he has yet to receive it.

After checking his personalizer, you can go into special services and find the luggage promotion listed. It states he is scheduled to get the luggage on the same day we are leaving!! So much for using it on the cruise. His problem is that they live in an apartment, and there will be no place for UPS to leave the luggage except for outside. He is hoping no one steals it. He is asking his neighbor to look out for it and take it inside while we are gone. We called Princess, and they stated they have no control over when the luggage is delivered. We were sure they would have sent it after final payment, but the delivery date still hasn't changed. Doesn't make sense to me. :confused:

Let us know if you do receive a second piece of luggage. If you do, you will be very lucky. As one per household/booking was supposed to be the max.

Enjoy!

Although booked in separate cabins, my son and his daughter (same 'household' ) both got the luggage! (Surprise!)

This Princess Promo sure was a mess ----- I think they got into something they couldn't handle....Altho I was very insistent, only a few on our Family Alaska Cruise in August managed to get the luggage - and all the bookings were made together!

The Luggage Promo ran concurrently with another Princess Promo for $100 pp OBC - some bookings managed to slip thru the cracks and got BOTH! :D

I'm not seeing any of these Promos for future bookings.

The 'new' Early booking, Elite etc. discounts for OBC and discounts off cruisefare are very scant :rolleyes:

It will be interesting to see if this changes as the economy impacts the cruise industry......but that's another thread!

After checking his personalizer, you can go into special services and find the luggage promotion listed. It states he is scheduled to get the luggage on the same day we are leaving!! So much for using it on the cruise. His problem is that they live in an apartment, and there will be no place for UPS to leave the luggage except for outside. He is hoping no one steals it. He is asking his neighbor to look out for it and take it inside while we are gone. We called Princess, and they stated they have no control over when the luggage is delivered. We were sure they would have sent it after final payment, but the delivery date still hasn't changed. Doesn't make sense to me. :confused:

Our personalizer also showed that the luggage was to delivered the same day as our cruise, but it arrived three weeks ahead of time.

StevenA

• 2 weeks later...

I got the luggage and I would say it is "medium" in size. I have other bags that are larger and still do not surpass the 50 lb limit. Well, unless I pack rocks in them.

We also got the onboard credit for the same booking promo (book by 11-30-07). All of this is great and especially since the amount of OBC that showed from day one on our room account was more than what was supposed to be on there. I even asked about it and they said that is what our account showed. I did not argue.

Personally I haven't sailed Princes in years. While this may not apply to me, it has provided interesting reading. So thanks for reposting it. Sometimes the regulars forget that they aren't the only ones who read the boards. There are plenty of newcomers who will find whatever information you have...useful.

Congratulations on your new piece of luggage, sounds like a sweet surprise to me.;)

Our personalizer also showed that the luggage was to delivered the same day as our cruise, but it arrived three weeks ahead of time.

StevenA

My brother actually received his luggage, even though the personalizer stated it to be delivered the same day we cruise. He stated it's a nice piece of luggage. But the kicker is, another friend of ours that is cruising also received the luggage. He doesn't remember even getting a notice from Princess. It just showed up. Go figure.

Archived