tampa port

homernmarge

We have been on 8 cruises - and sailed out of Tampa for the first time three weeks ago....

Out of the 8 cruises - Tampa by FAR was the easiest! We got there early and waited about 15 minutes in line. Then we sat in the waiting area about another half hour and we were on board by 11:30.

Getting off was just as easy - close walk to the taxi stand!

Enjoy!

Catrin

we are wondering if tampa port is easy to get to and how are they at boarding , slow or does the lines move fairly fast , we sail on the Inspiration, the 18th

Tampa and Jax port are my 2 favorite ports to embark from. Both only have one ship there and they move you very fast. Also Tampa airport is easy to fly in and out.

we are wondering if tampa port is easy to get to and how are they at boarding , slow or does the lines move fairly fast , we sail on the Inspiration, the 18th

You will probably love the Tampa port - as others have said, getting there is very easy and embarkation is really pretty quick. We got to the port at about 11:15AM and were on board with DOD by 11:45. I would have to say it's the best departure port we've used.

Coming from Daytona on I-4 exit 21st street /Ybor City exit and turn left. Then take right on RT 60. Follow to cruise terminal. Do yourself a favor. Pull into the terminal, wave at a porter...give the valet guy a couple bucks to park the car and pay the $15 a day rate (instead of $12 a day to self park)

When you get off the ship walk across the street to the parking garage. hand them your ticket and they will tell you what level your car is on. When you get there the car is waiting with the trunk open, doors open and air on....

it is a great port....

Tampa Port is at Channelside just off Route 60 - very convenient and easy to navigate. Drive into the terminal to drop off luggage, follow the curved driveway out and the multistory parking garage is on left about 500 ft - follow signs to Cruise Parking; pay as you enter (going up from $12 to $14 October 1st). SHORT walk back to the terminal. There's a line to get in, a line for x-ray, and a twisting line for Check-in. Took us probably 30 minutes from entering terminal to boarding ship. At noon-ish we were able to drop-off carryon luggage in the room, change seating at the Dining room and hit the Lido Buffet. ken

I can only speak for the Florida ports but in my experience the Tampa port is by far the easiest to navigate and most efficient.

Parking is right across the street, there is plenty to do in and around that area, and the lines for whatever reason seem to move quite smoothly.

I will be on the Inspiration leaving Thanksgiving day, I hope to hear good things about her upon your return.

Enjoy your cruise-:D

Very easy to navigate as others have said...just follow the signs for Cruise Terminal and you will eventually see the ship looming in front of you. Parking garage is directly across the street. To my knowledge, this is also the only port that has an entertainment complex (Channelside) sitting directly in front of the ship for easy access. If you did arrive very early and couldn't get into the terminal yet, this is a nice place to walk around. I encourage everyone to go inside of Channelside which has an open air courtyard and climb the stairs to look out over the ship. You feel like you could almost reach out and touch it and it really puts the size of the ship in perspective...especially the Legend.

I encourage everyone to go inside of Channelside which has an open air courtyard and climb the stairs to look out over the ship. You feel like you could almost reach out and touch it and it really puts the size of the ship in perspective...especially the Legend.

Sure does... Loved it!

• 2 weeks later...
Very easy to navigate as others have said...just follow the signs for Cruise Terminal and you will eventually see the ship looming in front of you. Parking garage is directly across the street. To my knowledge, this is also the only port that has an entertainment complex (Channelside) sitting directly in front of the ship for easy access. If you did arrive very early and couldn't get into the terminal yet, this is a nice place to walk around. I encourage everyone to go inside of Channelside which has an open air courtyard and climb the stairs to look out over the ship. You feel like you could almost reach out and touch it and it really puts the size of the ship in perspective...especially the Legend.

Lori We want to spend 4 hours in Channelside after our cruise before taking a cab to the airport. Is there a place we could secure our luggage so we do not have to drag it around with us?

Archived