Galley Tour?

rittinca

Back in 2003, I went on my first cruise on the Destiny. On the last sea day they did a galley tour, which I think was one of the most memorable things on the ship. My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon cruise on the Valor, and I was looking forward to taking him on the galley tour, but it never came. Did they stop doing it for good, or is it because it's a different class and a newer ship?

We received an invitation for the galley tour last year on our miracle cruise. It was really interesting giving us a different appreciation for all the dining room and galley staff. Very hard work!! I would recommend taking the tour if it is offered.

On our last cruise on the Liberty we were invited to a "VIP" tour of the galley due to being Platinum members. My husband and I, our two kids and one other person were the only ones who showed up so we had a really private tour. It was great and I asked the Maitre D' who was showing us around about getting the recipe for the warm chocolate melting cake. She took us to the pastry chef and we got the recipe - of course it's for 2,000 people so it needs to be tweaked a little! It was a really interesting tour.

Kathy

We took the galley tour on the Legend in June on the last sea day.

Very interesting...........HUGE cooking facilities, super clean, samples of food.

It's amazing how all that food gets out to the passengers on time.

The galley tour gives you a glimpse into how all that happens.

We did it AGAIN on the Triumph a week ago. However, I did notice that (1) we didn't get an invitation this time as a Platinum guest and (2) they didn't put anything in the Capers. We had about 20 people on the tour and that's it. My guess...they were the 20 that ASKED about it.

So be sure to ask if you don't see anything. It's usually the last sea day around 3pm.

. . . and (2) they didn't put anything in the Capers.

I just got off Carnival Liberty this morning, and was able to do the galley tour (as a Platinum perk) on Friday morning, but it was explained to us that a fleet-wide decision has been made to no longer offer this via announcement in Carnival Capers.

He advised that is would be a continued offering for Platinum passengers as long as the number of participants remained manageable, but future decisions would be pending.

Just got back from the Conquest and they had the Galley tour on the 2nd sea day. It was advertised in the Capers. I want to say it was around 2pm. A ton of people showed up for it, so we all just walked through the Galley and had the opportunity to look around, but there was no one talking about the different prep areas. I was actually a little dissapointed.

We just got off the Glory yesterday and the galley tour was announced in the Capers and it was at 10:45 AM on the second sea day, Thursday. We met in the Amber Palace where Mr. V the Maitre D' gave a little talk first and then we walked through the galley. We have done this several times and always enjoy it. Sometimes we get an announcement because we're Platinum but we didn't this time and it was for everyone.

The galley tour is now restricted to Platinum Member and their immediate friends and family only, they are trying to reduce the amount of air & blood borne pathogens down in the food preparing areas.

Yes, before someone mentions it, Platinum Members do not have germs and cuddies. :D

Fred

Archived