Sailing Oosterdam Alaska in two days -can we wear jeans??

cigloo

I've found jeans to have some drawbacks in Alaska. The weather tends to be "moist", and when jeans get wet, they dry slowly. They're also heavy to pack, and take up a lot of space in your luggage.

I brought water resistant pants with me made of spun polyester, and found them to be more practical and warmer than jeans.

That said, you won't be thrown overboard for wearing jeans during the day.

Roz

We just returned from a great cruise on the Oosterdam. Jeans are fine during the day. Be sure you pack rain gear and warm clothes. Most of our cruise was gray and sometimes rain or drizzle. We were really glad we had gloves and coats (or fleece) with hoods too. It was cold, windy and raw at Hubbard Glacier, but we didn't want to miss a minute of glacier calving. Have a great time.

We also just returned from AK on Saturday. The "O" was great. I wore jeans the entire time we were on the ship. The weather was cool and raining. We had a great time and watching the Hubbard Glacier calving was something you hear about.....but to see it.....

Have a great time.

Marilyn

Archived