What Do You Do The Day Before U Sail?

LUV THE SEA

I usually flown out the day before my cruise, so I have enjoyed another port...but this time I am sailing from a home port...what do you do on the last day before you leave?? :)

We usual get to port a couple of days before and PRACTICE eating !!:eek:

All day I can't stay focused...keep going to CC...but I have to clean...think of the cruise...have to shop...think of the cruise...have to pack...stop to have lunch...thinking of the cruise again checking the boards..have to do some work..think of the cruise ... get my dogs and cats set for the week...think of the cruise and never sleep tomight:p

All day I can't stay focused...keep going to CC...but I have to clean...think of the cruise...have to shop...think of the cruise...have to pack...stop to have lunch...thinking of the cruise again checking the boards..have to do some work..think of the cruise ... get my dogs and cats set for the week...think of the cruise and never sleep tomight:p

i am going to be in sooooo much trouble in november. the day before i fly to rome (oh how i love saying that!) i will be at work. how will i ever concentrate on my job? it will be a very long 8 hours.

Let's see.. tomorrow we have to drop off the dog at the kennel, hopefully I get his bag packed tonight otherwise I'll be getting it ready in the morning. (I send his food already measured for each day just to make life easier for everyone.)

Then we need to get the kids over to the grandparents. Their bag is already packed I just need to get some stuff for their school lunches next week ready.

I will need to add all the last minute things to our bags like contact lense stuff and cell phone chargers.

I also need to get everything layed out for the friend who is watching the kids for the second half of our trip (the grandparents are leaving for Europe in the middle of our trip rather inconviniently.) This means getting a couple days of clothes, lunches and dinners ready/preped to make life easier for my childless friend!

Then we need to get a ferry to Vancouver which we still haven't figured out, but I think the grandparents and kids are all going to drop us off.

FIL will pick us up from he ferry, and I think we are going out for dinner with him, SIL and nephew. We may need to run out to the suburbs to see some other friends, but that it still to be determined.

Most likely DH and FIL will stay up late watching some man-movie so I'll be able to get to bed early and read a bit.

Somewhere in there I will need to check my emails and set up an auto reply. I also need to call and cancel the newspaper for next week.. shoot.. maybe I can do that today!?

Monday is a little better. FIL has an appointment at the hospital in the morning and we are catching skytrain from the hospital station to the port after his appointment. Then we just get to chill and enjoy our quick trip! =)

i am going to be in sooooo much trouble in november. the day before i fly to rome (oh how i love saying that!) i will be at work. how will i ever concentrate on my job? it will be a very long 8 hours.
Our boss is having a "mandatory volunteer" event the day before our Med cruise flight to do manual labor at a local charitable institution. So what will I be doing the day before flying to Rome? Dunno - I'm going for an alternate event earlier in the week - but I certainly don't expect to be at work until the clock strikes 5PM... :rolleyes:

Besides DW has said we will be packed the day before THAT, as there is a new show premiering on Sci-Fi channel that we are going to watch...

For December we're flying in the day before and destressing by strolling along the beach...

We also get their the day before. Normally, we get with some of our Roll Call peeps that also arrive early. This year we are meeting a bunch at happy hour at the ES. We have already hit over post 2000 so we are a very chatty group.:D

if we fly in for a cruise we try to get there in the AM the day before the cruise...we will usually just see what there is to be seen in the area. We just cruised from Seattle a couple weeks ago and saw a lot...went to the Space needle, the aquarium and Pike's Place market. Doing stuff in the city the day before is a great way to start the vacation.

If we drive to the port (ie, San Pedro) we usually work the day before and drive up to stay the night before. This what we are doing in January before Sapphire Princess

Hi There,

Fly to England to catch a plane so that at some silly hour like 3.00am the next day head state side, to catch a ship leaving a few hours latter.

yours Shogun

Is THAT why your luggage didn't get on the same ship as you did ?!! I always wondered...:rolleyes:

We live on the eastern coast of Canada and cruise in the dead of winter. Most cruisers around here leave the day before to avoid any winter storms. Not us. I don't trust the winter weather and we leave 2 days before so we end up in Florida the day before. For us, its relaxing on the beach the day before - as it should be!

I usually flown out the day before my cruise, so I have enjoyed another port...but this time I am sailing from a home port...what do you do on the last day before you leave?? :)

PACK !!!!

Nancy:D

The day before we leave for a cruise (we always fly in early), is spent making sure that everything is in place at home for the pet/house sitter. I go over the lists one last time, make sure plants are watered, post is stopped, etc.

The actual day before the cruise is usually spent touring the embarkation city (we have so far always left from a foreign port, with the exception of SF and there is debate about that being pretty foreign as well). We usually pick up a circle tour through Priincess and try to learn as much as we can in the short time we are there. We shop along the way, if we are not coming back to the same port, and just enjoy ourselves.

Archived