Presidential Suite-Independence of the Seas

superfind

My family & I are going on our first cruise, The Independence of the Seas to the Canary Islands. We have booked the Presidential suite & I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what to expect.

My parents are coming with us & their usual ship, the Hebridean Princess,(the ship the Queen cruises on) i know is a million miles away from RCCI.

They have chosen this cruise as it will suit my 2 & 3 year olds.

Will we have a butler? Is their anything anyone can tell us about the standard of service to expect from the Presidential suite, if not on the Independence, but on any sister ship.

We are well aware it is mass market & expect the things that go hand and hand with that.

Thank you for your time

W:)

You need to post this on RCCI's board. Not sure if many people look at this board, especially since it's for the true luxury lines and not the mass markets. Someone over on RCCI's board should have some knowledge of this suite.

You need to post this on RCCI's board. Not sure if many people look at this board, especially since it's for the true luxury lines and not the mass markets. Someone over on RCCI's board should have some knowledge of this suite.

This was posted on the RCCL board before it was posted here. There is no problem posting this question here.

Host Dan

Thank you Dan for your comments.

I found the tone of the previous reply very condescending and bordering on rude.

I posted on this board is i am sure that not many people on the RCCI board have paid $32000+ for a cruise. I was looking for people who might be in the same sitution as i explained in my original post. I can afford any suite on any luxury cruise line you can name but as I have 2 children and dont want to fly due to their ages, RCCI was the best option available to us.

Thank you for your time reading my post & hopefully i might receive more constructive replies from your memebers.

W

I apologize for taking my comments as rude, as it was not meant to be that way. I was merely trying to point out, seeing that you're a new member of CC, that people who look at this particular board might not have experience with RCCI. Plus, this is not a very active board. Not meant to be condescending in any way. I understand your paying that amount for your cruise, as we always book the PH on Celebrity for that amount of money and understand you're wanting the most for what you pay.

Also, as a new poster, may I respectfully point out that it's impossible to read tone or intent into a post. What one might see as rude, could very well have never been what one intended. I did not mean for my post to be condescending, just trying to point out that your post would have more hits on RCCI than here. I did not know you had already posted on the RCCI board.

There are no butlers on RCI. You will have use of the Concierge lounge, where the concierge can assist you with whatever you can't (or don't want) to do yourself. They serve a continental breakfast in the morning (not a big deal, since food is available in great quantities everywhere!!!) and have a limited bar for suite guests in the evening.

You will get priority embarkation and 2 Crown and Anchor points (that will be applied AFTER your cruise)

Because RCI is a "mainstream" line, the suite "perks" are not quite what you might expect. But, the suite will be huge, and beautiful and you'll have a great time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We cruised in the presidential suite on the RCCL Mariner. Do not expect much of anything as far as extra service. There is no butler. The concierge lounge was basically a place for people to get free alcohol a few hours a day, the concierge herself really doesn't have the clout or ability to do much extra that other cruisers can't also get at the pursers desk. You might be paying for the Presidential Suite, but you will get the same level of service a person with an inside, no window cabin. Other than more space, the only "extras" we got were robes and a bottle of cheap wine. Don't expect flowers, alcohol, expanded room service, etc.

I hope that you have a better experience than we did. There were some significant maintenance problems with the suite when we were in it, and RCCL was unable/unwilling to correct them.

We felt very let down by the end of that cruise. I hope yours goes better.

BTW--the food in Chops was quite good, worth the extra per person charge.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have cruised twice with RCL (because of kids). I had the owners suite both time. Besides the lounge and ice show tickets, they don't do much for suites guest. No butler on RCL (which is truly missed once you have one) Celebrity has butlers why cant RCL.

The biggest gripe about RCL is the food, if you don't eat in a speciality restaurant, the food is a little step above dorm food.

• 4 weeks later...
I am not familiar with the term Presidental Suite on RCL.

The best room in the house on the Marnier of the Seas is the one Royal Suite which has a baby grand piano.

As far as I know there is NO presidential suite.

Spencer

Sorry, Spencer, there IS a Presidential Family Suite on the Independence of the Seas, which is what she is travelling on. It is a 4 bedroom/4 bathroom suite (1215 s.f.) with an 810 s.f. private balcony. :eek:

It's located aft on Deck 6.

Archived