Gone but not forgotten...

Lightsluvr

I know this is somewhat off topic, but why do they charge for Johnny Rockets? Isn't it a hamburger type restaurant? What is the big deal that they have to charge extra for it? And then on top of that you have to pay for milkshakes and other items on the menu? Am I missing something?

[quote name='Lightsluvr']Yes I am referring to the C&A 2 for 1 bar coupons.

On our last two cruises (see signature), the "bar" coupons were only good for a mixed drink (house liquor) or bottled water. No beer. No wine.
LL[/quote]

You jest, those coupons are also good for wine or beer. Did you try or assume.

[quote name='crazy 4 cruising']wow, haven't had any new books yet obviously. that's too bad as we have so much fun doing the informal lifestyle. did notice on the Jewel that they would no longer allow the dining room 2 picture packages to be gotten with the coupon.:( [/quote]

Had picture coupons on the Explorer for Aug/Sept cruise.

Roommate matching program for singles wanting to share a cabin but traveling solo.

Free daily newspaper summaries available from the US, Canada, and Britain (discontinued on some lines because "we have internet available now").

Great food in the dining room....there were no 'pay' restaurants.

Yes i miss all that has been mentioned already....... who remembers, decks of playing cards in each cabin, a booklet with a list off ALL passengers names and where they were from and what about the 'old' style map of the caribbean in each cabin too;) ?

Think i miss not being able to purchase booze from the on-board store to have in the cabin, love that pre-dinner drink on the balcony after a day in port :(

Mo

[quote name='Jeka']You jest, those coupons are also good for wine or beer. Did you try or assume.[/quote]

I don't jest. Those coupons WERE good for wine or beer. They no longer are... (the point of this thread)

The new C&A coupons do [B]not [/B]specify beer or wine... they were rejected when I ordered a beer.

Eventually all of the ships will be using the new books... you were just lucky on your last cruise... the 8x10 photo coupons are also reportedly being phased out...

Gee, at least you still get those fake tattoos, lots of Bingo coupons, 10% off overpriced spa treatments, and Johnny Rockets coupons on ships with no Johnny Rockets restaurant...

LL

Here's another cut back:

Only free cold drink now being served at dinner time in the dining room is iced tea and water. No more lemonade or fruit punch at dinner time. You pay for fruit punch through the bar service. Lemonade hasn't been available last two cruises in the DR at night.

LL

[SIZE=3][B]Does anybody remember the alcoholic drink cards when they punched your card when you bought one? You got a free one after so many punches. Wow, that is going back a few years. I remember that on our first cruise in 2000. That was gone long before they started eliminating a lot of things today.[/B][/SIZE]

What I do remember is paying more for a 7 night Nordic Prince cruise to Bermuda in 1987 than I pay now for most cruises now. Sure soda was complimentary as were many other things and the food was better both in quality and presentation in the dining room. However if you decided to eat in the specialty restaurants every night, buy a soda card if you drink 6 sodas a day and decide to wear most of the clothing you bring twice to avoid the laundry charges you will still come out far ahead of almost any other vacation package you can book. Just try to compare this to a Disney vacation when you figure in the hotel, tickets and meals. I'll take a cruise anyday.

Dave

All the things that people miss.........if RCCL does read these posts ( I don't know for a fact that they do, so that is why I say "IF") Do you think that there is enough wishes to send RC a notice to "WAKE UP" with the downward fall of quality? Do you think that CC is such a small population of people on cruise ships that they overlook us and our "wishes"? I truly hope that they wouldn't. Cruising is the only type of vacationing we do because we get the greatest bank for our buck and get to see several places rolled into one vacation. I am afraid in the not so distant future all these "tack on fees" for this and that will only deter me from cruising. After all, these used to be things included with the cruise. Sorry in advance if I have offended anyone, not my intention.

LL

You are quite observant..........the problem we have (like you) is that in 2 weeks we will be Diamond Plus......as a result we REMEMBER what used to be free or in some cases better quality.........we remember when service was really service without having to ask for things we sometimes do today........the new cruiser or, one with only two or three under there belt with RC, really doesn't miss those things because they never had them......

So the bottom line is we are getting older:p and have cruised way to much.

Heck I remember when you got a book at the end of a RC cruise that had everybody's name and address....:)

[quote name='QueenOfKruz']Wow, with all these terrible cutbacks, I'm sure none of these posters will [I]ever[/I] take another cruise on RCCL! I bet that none of the other cruise lines have cut back on any of thier services at all.:rolleyes:

At the end of the day, a cruise is what one makes it. If you want to pick apart every change - have at it. Just remember it all comes down to costs. I'll bet that if the price for a cruise went up enough to cover all those "little things" that may have been cut out, there would be as many people griping about how expensive cruising has gotten![/quote]

At least if they raise the cruise fare, I'll know exactly what I'm paying for and what I'm not. I don't think it's fair to berate those who dislike the method RCI is using to boost their revenue. IMO it's financially prudent to question what is covered and what isn't. :mad: :rolleyes:

2P.P1

[quote name='twoputt.plusone']At least if they raise the cruise fare, I'll know exactly what I'm paying for and what I'm not. I don't think it's fair to berate those who dislike the method RCI is using to boost their revenue. IMO it's financial prudent to question what is covered and what isn't. :mad: :rolleyes:

2P.P1[/quote]

Now, now my fellow NOOT........are you trying to be logical?:D

Archived