Anyone know if there is 2010 itineraries out yet?

Hello-Kitty

Princess' Cruise Atlas, which came in the mail a couple of weeks ago, has only until 1st part of May '10, and does not show any European '10 cruises.

Sometimes, travel agents have an "advanced" listing not yet released to the general public.

We booked a 5/2010 cruise back in June. The Princess web site has cruises listed for 2010.
True, but only through late May or early June. Like you, we booked a 4/2010 cruise last May but the summer season 2010 and beyond (or taken another way, up until and including repositioning cruises the Spring of 2010) schedules won't be released until April or May 2009, depending on the itinerary. Not all itineraries are released at the same time. I don't think you'll find itineraries for Greece in May or June 2010 until next April or May.

Funny, but they have 2010 cruises on their website for every location except Europe. I wonder if they wait to see how the dollar is doing versus the euro to set prices, so they wait on releasing those? Only a guess, but that's what I was thinking.

Funny, but they have 2010 cruises on their website for every location except Europe. I wonder if they wait to see how the dollar is doing versus the euro to set prices, so they wait on releasing those? Only a guess, but that's what I was thinking.

No Princess cruises are listed at the moment on the web site for any sailings, world wide, after May 2010.

I'm not sure where you're looking but there are NO Princess cruises listed on the Princess website for anything after May 2010, regardless of the itinerary. This has nothing to do with the Euro vs. $ but rather what they do every single year and have for as many years as I can remember: new itineraries are released between about April 15 and May 15, depending on the itinerary, and sometimes later. NOTHING is released more than two years in advance, regardless of the itinerary nor do they release any itineraries until the April/May timeframe. So, repeat after me: the Summer 2010 itineraries will be released in April or May 2009.

If you search for a cruise on the Princess web site, their calendar shows dates up to August 2010. If you click on the various locations, every location shows at least some cruises for 2010, depending on when they cruise in that location, for every location except Europe. They start their Europe cruises in April, so it would seem that we should be able to find some Europe cruises, at least thru August, on the 2010 calendar. Since Europe is the only place they are not listing any 2010 cruises for, I was thinking it might be because of the dollar/euro values. May not be, just my opinion. Some of you are probably right they won't release 2010 until next Spring, though. I'm just curious about the reason.

Pam in CA: when you write in bold, it sounds like you are yelling. I think from now on I'll keep my comments to myself and just read.

If you search for a cruise on the Princess web site, their calendar shows dates up to August 2010. If you click on the various locations, every location shows at least some cruises for 2010, depending on when they cruise in that location, for every location except Europe. They start their Europe cruises in April, so it would seem that we should be able to find some Europe cruises, at least thru August, on the 2010 calendar. Since Europe is the only place they are not listing any 2010 cruises for, I was thinking it might be because of the dollar/euro values. May not be, just my opinion. Some of you are probably right they won't release 2010 until next Spring, though. I'm just curious about the reason.

Pam in CA: when you write in bold, it sounds like you are yelling. I think from now on I'll keep my comments to myself and just read.

Daisy - I agree with you...that "was" a little over the top.

Thanks, Mollyanne. I'm just looking to have a little fun on these boards, and better educate myself at the same time.

You will find that most people on this board are very nice. :) I read them forever before I got up enough nerve to post! You will see the same questions over and over and there's always someone with enough patience to answer them - soon that will be you, DaisyRose!

I waited for what seems like forever for Princess to post next year's European cruises. When the schedule finally came out we found that we just couldn't afford to do one after all....sigh. We were taking our son and his GF and with airfare for 4 we just felt it would totally break the bank. We have decided on the CB out of NYC next May and it will be our first 9-night cruise. Looking forward to that as well as our CB repo NYC to San Juan a month from now.

Have fun searching and I hope you can sail with Princess - although waiting on those schedules is tough! We love this line and have 3 behind us and 2 to come!:)

mollyanne: No "sighing"....the trips you've got planned sound wonderful; they're within your budget and IT'S A CRUISE!!!!!! You'll have a wonderful time! I, too, can't believe how much more expensive the whole package is....but, I'm not going to stop cruising....I love it too much!

Marie: Don't you need some company in your cabin? I promise not to make too much noise, I share really well and I'll even buy a drink or two!!!! :o

mollyanne: No "sighing"....the trips you've got planned sound wonderful; they're within your budget and IT'S A CRUISE!!!!!! You'll have a wonderful time! I, too, can't believe how much more expensive the whole package is....but, I'm not going to stop cruising....I love it too much!

Marie: Don't you need some company in your cabin? I promise not to make too much noise, I share really well and I'll even buy a drink or two!!!! :o

Roz: You're funny! Once the reality set in we were totally OK with it....we had wanted to do Europe for so long and this was to be our son's graduation gift. He was the one who finally said "can't we just do what we did LAST year?" - which was a 7-day on the CB. (Do you see a pattern here??;) ) I am totally psyched about our one-hour flights to NYC instead of the 8-hour ones across the pond! And we have all the enhancements to look forward to once the CB gets out of drydock! Truthfully, I am not sighing any longer. We booked minis on Emerald for this trip and my husband and I have the last one - with the extended balcony. Kids will be next door and we can open the separator...it will be great. We'll save the Euro trip, hopefully a TA, for 2010 - our 30th anniversary.

Happy sails to you!

I apologize if you think it was over the top but if you have found cruises embarking later than May or June 2010, or European itineraries for May or June 2010, I'd love to see a link or a list. Please let us all in on what you've found.

Archived