Jewel Arrival During Storm 9/27

Dani'sMom

Does anyone know what port the Jewel will be coming into tomorrow morning? My daughter is a singer on the Jewel and I was planning on

driving from NY to visit her, but she called and left a message that because of the weather the ship wouldn't be docking at the Black Falcon

Terminal, so now I don't know where to go to meet her.

Black Falcon is in Boston and at the present time there is no information on the RCI website indicating that the Jewel will dock anywhere other than in Boston tomorrow morning. However, weather in this area has deteriorated considerably over the past several hours and predictions for tomorrow are not terribly optimistic. We have sailed in bad weather with Captain MacDonald and you can be sure that he will not place the ship or its passengers and crew in harm's way. Whether this requires that they sail to another port or delay their arrival in Boston, I can't say, but I am sure that the cruiseline will post any relevant changes in plans on their website as soon as they can be confirmed. Until then, I would operate on the theory that they will dock at Black Falcon as scheduled if it can be done safely. Jewel handles rough seas very well.:)

Yes, Black Falcon Terminal is in Boston. As I mentioned, my daughter is a

performer on the ship and she called and left a message that they wouldn't be docking at Black Falcon Terminal but at a different port in Boston. Unfortunately, I didn't get to speak with her and I can't call her

since they're at sea so I was just wondering if there was another port in

Boston that they would be arriving at.

If anyone has the phone number for this lady pls post it--or maybe there is one on the website you can locate=--I am sure they will help you.

We had part one of this storm--awaiting part two but they say it is stalled???

Hi Dani's Mom,

It is my understanding that they will dock at Black Falcon, they just won't be at the same berth it was at last week. Hopefully your daughter will call you as soon as she is within calling range. Do hope you get to see her.

Annieeee

Hi Dani's Mom,

It is my understanding that they will dock at Black Falcon, they just won't be at the same berth it was at last week. Hopefully your daughter will call you as soon as she is within calling range. Do hope you get to see her.

Annieeee

Did RCCL tell you this, and are you on the cruise going out tomorrow???

Hi Dani's Mom,

Annieeee

I believe that you are correct. Massport shows that both the Jewel and the Maasdam will be in Boston tomorrow which should mean that one will be docked behind the other at Black Falcon. We have been at Black Falcon when two or three ships have been docked and there have not been any obvious problems. :) One year, I believe that both the Norwegian Jewel and RCI's Jewel of the Seas were at Black Falcon on the same day. That might have caused some confusion but I think that the NCL ship was making a port visit rather than beginning its cruise from Boston, so at least there wasn't a likelihood that someone's luggage might end up on the wrong ship. LOL

Hi Sue,

So glad that we got off the Jewel last week and not today. It's miserable here in CT with all the rain yesterday and today. With the storm coming through I am glad I didn't book the New England for this week.

Lisa

Hey Lisa

You and me both, we had a 5 hour drive which would have been a lot longer in this weather. It is pouring here also. I have a bridal shower to go to this afternoon and don't even feel like leaving the house for that.

Had breakfast this morning with some of my cousins. It was that misty rain and then total rain. There are lots of fairs this weekend but they are getting rained out. Definately a stay at home day which is fine because I am on day 5 of being sick. Guess I finally came down with whatever people on the ship had.

Hope the bridal shower was fun.

Lisa

Anyone have any info where it did end up? Just got off last saturday, boo hoo it is a week already!!!

No word that I have heard. There was a lull in the storm in the Boston area for most of the day, so there should not have been any problems docking if they were able to get through whatever weather was just off the coast. What may be more interesting is what it will do when it leaves Boston tonight. Kyle is still to the south of us and it is expected to strengthen and track northward towards Maine, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia. Perhaps Captain MacDonald will head south hoping to pass through Kyle quickly and find calmer seas and better weather on a routing that might take her to Bermuda. Otherwise she may have Kyle trailing behind her for most of the cruise. Whatever happens, the folks on this cruise should have some good stories to relate when they get home.

Sorry to hear about your foot, Sue. Guess it was better that you didn't know how bad it was until after the cruise, as long as it didn't worsen from going untreated for so long.

The Jewel will be perfectly safe in the storm that is going through from Boston to Nova Scotia today and tomorrow.

It will not be a fun ride for the passingers unless they like rough seas and a rocking ship.

Here is the marine forecast:

TROPICAL STORM WARNING IN EFFECT

HURRICANE WATCH IN EFFECT

TONIGHT

S WINDS 15 TO 20 KT...BECOMING SE 10 TO 15 KT LATE

THIS EVENING...THEN INCREASING TO 15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO

25 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 7 TO 10 FT. RAIN. A CHANCE OF TSTMS

LATE THIS EVENING AND OVERNIGHT. VSBY 1 NM OR LESS.

SUN

SE WINDS 15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT...BECOMING E

35 TO 45 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. RAIN. AREAS OF FOG

IN THE MORNING. PATCHY FOG IN THE AFTERNOON. VSBY 1 NM OR LESS.

SMALL CRAFT SHOULD STAY IN PORT.

SUN NIGHT

NE WINDS 45 TO 60 KT...BECOMING W 45 TO 55 KT AFTER

MIDNIGHT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT...BUILDING TO 12 TO 17 FT AFTER

MIDNIGHT. RAIN. VSBY 1 NM OR LESS...INCREASING TO 1 TO 3 NM AFTER

MIDNIGHT. SMALL CRAFT SHOULD STAY IN PORT.

DH and I just got off the Jewel this morning. Had gorgeous weather throughout the cruise and for all the ports of call, but the sea was rough yesterday (scheduled sea day) and especially last night. Had no problems disembarking (did express walk off). The ship was docked at Black Falcon.

It was a wonderful cruise, despite last all of the rocking and rolling last night ;)

Now we're a little bummed because we're staying in Boston for the Red Sox games against that team from NY. Today's game was postponed due to rain, and tomorrow's forecast is iffy :(

DH and I just got off the Jewel this morning. Had gorgeous weather throughout the cruise and for all the ports of call, but the sea was rough yesterday (scheduled sea day) and especially last night. Had no problems disembarking (did express walk off). The ship was docked at Black Falcon.

It was a wonderful cruise, despite last all of the rocking and rolling last night ;)

Now we're a little bummed because we're staying in Boston for the Red Sox games against that team from NY. Today's game was postponed due to rain, and tomorrow's forecast is iffy :(

Thanks for filling everyone in on what transpired yesterday and today. There was some concern expressed here yesterday as to where Jewel would dock. Sorry the Sox game was cancelled today. Too bad they didn't call off last night's game. LOL. Between the rain delays and the pounding that the Yankees gave the Sox, it wasn't anything we couldn't have done without.

Any indication as to what the Jewel was going to do when it left Boston this afternoon? Weather forecasts aren't very favorable for her to follow her planned route north to Maine, NB and NS, but I'm not sure that there are any other alternatives that would be much better.

In our "Captains Corner" talk yesterday on the Jewel, someone asked what would happen to next weeks sailing. Captain McDonald stated they may have to alter days but they should make the ports, but just in a different order.

We too just got off the Jewel and had a FABULOUS week with the weather. Every day was wonderful but as stated earlier, the seas were rough yesterday. The ship rolled from side to side. They did use the stabilizers but I think the seas were too rough to notice any difference they made, if any. A few people lost some food from their plates while they were walking in the Windjammer and you could tell everyone was having a pretty hard time walking straight. It was definitely the worst seas I had encountered on all my past cruises, but then again I have only been on 8 cruises.

I did not notice anyone getting "sea sick" but there plenty of people talking about feeling queasy at times but I think everyone handled it pretty well.

I am glad we went this week and my heart goes out to those on this weeks sailing. I hope the seas and the weather are kind to them.

Thanks for filling everyone in on what transpired yesterday and today. There was some concern expressed here yesterday as to where Jewel would dock. Sorry the Sox game was cancelled today. Too bad they didn't call off last night's game. LOL. Between the rain delays and the pounding that the Yankees gave the Sox, it wasn't anything we couldn't have done without.

Any indication as to what the Jewel was going to do when it left Boston this afternoon? Weather forecasts aren't very favorable for her to follow her planned route north to Maine, NB and NS, but I'm not sure that there are any other alternatives that would be much better.

Bill:

I'm not sure what was going to happen with the next sailing; my thoughts are with them, and I hope they too have a wonderful cruise and smooth seas.

Those Sox games were the only motivation I had for getting off the ship this morning. Had I anticipated the rain issues, I would have stowed away in a lifeboat, storm and all ;)

Archived