Traveling with 18 year olds

ddpe

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone had any trouble swapping room keys once on board the Carnival Destiny? We are planning a trip with friends and our 18 year olds. The kids would like to stay in one room and the adult friends in the other although we have to book one adult, one 18 year old.

Any advice?

Thanks

Everything I have heard is that it's very easy. Just go to the pursers desk on-board and they will issue new cards. The only problem I read about here on the board is when someone tried to do it at check-in instead of waiting until they were on-board.

Have fun!

We have had no problem doing this once we were on board. Go to the Pursers Desk and they can give extra cards that open doors without allowing charging to the cabin.

We did it on a cruise when several family members had cabins. There were a few cousins who wanted to be able to go from cabin to cabin and they gave us all cards for all 3 cabins with no problem. They even hole punched them differently so we could easily tell which cabin they were for.

although we have to book one adult, one 18 year old.

Nonsense.

Minor Guest Policy

Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel.

1) Guests under the age of 21 must travel with their parent, grandparent or a court-appointed legal guardian in either:

• The same stateroom, or
  • Staterooms side-by-side, or
  • Staterooms directly facing each other across the hall.
  • Important Note: In order for the staterooms to be side-by-side or directly across the hall, staterooms booked on a TBA basis will not be permitted.

2) Guests under the age of 21 not traveling with one of the following (parent, grandparent or court-appointed legal guardian), must travel with a guardian 25 years or older in the same stateroom.

The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

Married minor couple

• The booking must be documented that the minor couple are married.
  • The couple must have a marriage license (issued by the County Clerks office) at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Same-Sex Union minor couple

• The booking must be documented that the minor couple are legal Same-Sex Union partners.
  • The couple must have legal proof of partnership/union at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Qualified Military Personnel (and guests in same stateroom)

• Minimum age is 18 years of age.
  • The booking must be documented that the minor guest is eligible to be an exception to the Carnival Age Policy.
  • Military personnel do not have to be booked under a Military Rate to be able to travel.
  • Proof of Military eligibility must be sent in to the Interline Desk for verification (even for those not booked with a Military rate). Guest will not be able to meet the Age Policy Exception and will be denied boarding if their information is not received; in addition, the guest must be able to show the proof at Embarkation as well.

Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will be denied boarding and assessed a 100% cancellation penalty. No exceptions will be made at embarkation. The Group policy is slightly different because of stricter group terms and conditions including mandatory chaperones, damage deposits and other considerations.

You can do it its just that the kids will have be able to charge to the room card......could be dangerous?

I would never swap! It is very easy to just get a card that unlocks the door only. As i said, on 1 of my cruises with a couple of family members myself and all 4 of my kids had room keys to 3 different cabins made up with no problem...and the other cousins did the same thing. The Pursers Desk was very accomodating and it only took a couple of minutes.

BigDuck - This info is absolutely correct. The problem is that many of the booking agents at carnival do not seem to be aware of it! I am a single parent with 4 kids therefore i have had to insist that this rule be looked up in the past. However, when I am booked in a party with 2 adults (such as my upcoming 4/09 cruise with 2 of my kids, my mom and myself) I find it is easier to just put 1 adult in cabin for booking purposes. We will all want room keys to eachothers rooms anyway.

We did it on our last cruise on Norwegian. Just make sure you fill out the form to allow them to drink (if you're going to) because that also is a different card; we ended up doing the process twice.

You mean drink drink?

You can do it its just that the kids will have be able to charge to the room card......could be dangerous?

We did a family cruise last year.....my then 22 year old son had a cabin with his 20 year old g/f..........she was booked with me....he was booked with my husband......

Once onboard, we switched at the Pursor's desk......also we had the S/S card accounts switched.........

Archived