Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Just this week booked an inside cabin for myself on MSC Poesia-Ot. 8thfor 14 night Canada/New England cruise round trip from New York City. Including all taxes- $1413.72. Am taking on chance on MSC,lot of bad reviews out there,but the price and itinerary was too good to pass up!

Just this week booked an inside cabin for myself on MSC Poesia-Ot. 8thfor 14 night Canada/New England cruise round trip from New York City. Including all taxes- $1413.72. Am taking on chance on MSC,lot of bad reviews out there,but the price and itinerary was too good to pass up!

I've sailed on the Poesia. Did a 10 S Carib. Like the ship & the European ambiance a lot. This was one of the cleanest ships I was ever on. Room very comfortable. Service so so & not a lot of English spoken. Downside was the food was beyond awful (particularly the meats) & very little of it between meals. Only cruise I have ever been on where I lost weight! I would also recommend you bring your own coffee cup. They use the smallest coffee cups I have ever seen - demitasse size. Also no free beverages available between meals. They actually drain the coffee dispenser after dinner! Oh, and they charge for water. No "regular" water available @ meals. Entertainment was fairly amateurish & highly reliant upon the young (and somewhat immature) cruise staff. One night they put on a show by the pool deck that involved a fire dance! I am not kidding - it was pretty scarey not to mention I did not think it was ever something that would be allowed on a cruise ship. I paid less then $1000 for an OV & had fairly low expectations so it was fine. I did meet a lot of nice people - lots of Brits onboard.

Just went on Poesia in January and out of 16 cruises I've taken that is rated #16. But...to each his/her own. You may like it.

Just went on Poesia in January and out of 16 cruises I've taken that is rated #16. But...to each his/her own. You may like it.
They had a very good single rate on a cruise for last January. I kept putting off booking it and they had booked all the cheaper categories by the time I was ready to commit. I guess it was meant to not be.

I saw an add Oceania had a sale for singles . Iv been watching for a sale in jan. I requested a qoute as you cant do it yourself on line. They came back for a 10 day at $6800 . Thats rediculous. One of the cruise discount sites has a sale on same cruise for $2600 with a $550 room credit for a double ocp. which at full price would be $5200 less $550 or $4650. For a solo promotion thats not very good.The rep said the sale is on limited sailings , not the one I want as yet Silverside has offered me a 10 day same date for $4100. But Iv found at about 120 days out they usually want to fill ships and will eather lower solo sup. or lower price . So Ill wait to see what others offer Im flexable so I can go at short notice . If anyone sees a deal on a jan 10 day or more higher end cruise let me know CARL

I extended my Christmas cruise in 2012 to include the New Year one as a B2B, Costa Deliziosa, solo occupancy in a grade I2 twin inside cabin, with flights from/to UK/Genoa included for £2055/USD3350...A total of 17 days on the ship, which for the money is not at all bad considering its one of the new ships, its over Christmas & New Year and as a solo in a twin cabin :)

• 2 weeks later...
I saw an add Oceania had a sale for singles . Iv been watching for a sale in jan. I requested a qoute as you cant do it yourself on line. They came back for a 10 day at $6800 . Thats rediculous. One of the cruise discount sites has a sale on same cruise for $2600 with a $550 room credit for a double ocp. which at full price would be $5200 less $550 or $4650. For a solo promotion thats not very good.The rep said the sale is on limited sailings , not the one I want as yet Silverside has offered me a 10 day same date for $4100. But Iv found at about 120 days out they usually want to fill ships and will eather lower solo sup. or lower price . So Ill wait to see what others offer Im flexable so I can go at short notice . If anyone sees a deal on a jan 10 day or more higher end cruise let me know CARL

Carl, you don't mention what itinerary you are looking for, but Crystal Cruises 13 day Panama Canal cruise (Crystal Symphony Jan 4 2012 LA to Miami) cost me less than $4k for a single, including a $500 OBC (plus some perks from the travel agent).

There is also one running the other direction (Crystal Serenity Jan 4 2012 Miami to LA 14-day) on Crystal's other ship, that will cost more (mainly because Serenity's cheapest cabin is more expensive than Symphony's cheapest cabin). It should come in under $5k.

Crystal has 25% single supplement on their Oceanview cabins, so it prices out pretty well for a single, even though it's a luxury line.

- Nancy

Carl, you don't mention what itinerary you are looking for, but Crystal Cruises 13 day Panama Canal cruise (Crystal Symphony Jan 4 2012 LA to Miami) cost me less than $4k for a single, including a $500 OBC (plus some perks from the travel agent).

There is also one running the other direction (Crystal Serenity Jan 4 2012 Miami to LA 14-day) on Crystal's other ship, that will cost more (mainly because Serenity's cheapest cabin is more expensive than Symphony's cheapest cabin). It should come in under $5k.

Crystal has 25% single supplement on their Oceanview cabins, so it prices out pretty well for a single, even though it's a luxury line.

- Nancy

I'm on Oceania's Nov 12 sailing and the supplement was only 25%.

I live in Nevada and am looking for something for the spring.

It is just a bit early for Royal Caribbean Transatlantic deals, as the final payments aren't due until the next few weeks. However, I found a good deal on an Inside Guarantee, Voyager of the Seas, Barcelona to New Orleans on October 30, 2011 for 13 days. The deal seems to come and go depending on the time of day and day of the week. $861.72 all inclusive. If the Guarantee fare isn't there, keep checking the Royal Caribbean site.

Azamara has quite a few itineraries on sale for singles.....25% surcharge on all categories. They are also doing free upgrades, from inside to outside, outside to balcony and balcony to suite.

OBC is $250.00 and there is a low air supplement.

I find AZ and it's amenities great. I have a hard time spending my OBC because everything is included. Tips, wine and specialty restaurants (in the suite)...... will just HAVE to use it on a spa treatment :D

Here are a couple of Transatlantic cruises (100% supplement, but still good values, if you can work the flights):

10/28/2011 Carnival Magic, Barcelona, Spain to Grand Turk

16 Day Transatlantic, interior cabin, $1,498.00 + $20 Verandah + $65.69 (tax) = $1,583.69

The following year:

11/6/2012 Carnival Breeze, Barcelona, Spain to St Maarten

15 Day Transatlantic, U/L cabin, $1,298.00 + $90.86 (tax) = $1,388.86

Or go with a friend for the same price (add one more tax and flights).

Hope these help!

There are 8 pages of happy hour deals for today (C&A member preview) and tomorrow (for general public). Mostly Europe deals. The one I looked at is amazingly cheap. Single rate with port charges for 10/17-28 Vision of the Seas; 11 night Istanbul r/t to the Holy Land is under $800. (incl. port charges and taxes) for inside cat K,L and under $900. for ocean view cat F,G,H,I). I researched the air and Turkish Airlines is running under $800 r/t JFK-IST. They are using new planes and they're getting high marks. Price is so good I decided to stay in IST for a few days before the cruise. Found a highly rated 3 star hotel in the heart of the old city for 64 euros. The singles are supposed to be small but you can get a double for 74 euros and have some more breathing room. The cruise is Istanbul (overnight); Kusadasi; Rhodes; Athens, sea day, Ashdod (overnight); Haifa; 2 sea days. I compared rates with other cruise lines and nothing comes close. The ship doesn't have bells and whistles but this cruise is port intensive so I don't plan to be staying up late and I'll be off the ship a lot. Don't care about the ship's food because most likely it'll be a fast breakfast and lunch off the ship. Dinner might be room service if I'm wiped out from touring. Also, would love to dine out in a lot of the ports since I love Greek, Turkish and middle eastern food.

How do you guys find these specials? Is it through the cruise lines' websites, or other cruise agencies' websites? There's so many cruise travel agencies out there - how do you know which one is legit? I don't know where to start looking!

Thanks for any info!

Dumb Dora (tm The Match Game)

How do you guys find these specials? Is it through the cruise lines' websites, or other cruise agencies' websites? There's so many cruise travel agencies out there - how do you know which one is legit? I don't know where to start looking!

Thanks for any info!

I'm dumber, I don't even know what c & A stands for!

I wish I had a magical formula, but I've randomly stumbled upon most of my deals. When I find a cruise that sounds good, I do a "mock booking" on the cruiseline website and see what the final cost is. If it's a bargain, I'll share it on here.

Thanks for any info!

XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf (application/pdf Object)

rci_sales_event.pdf (application/pdf Object)

These are usually for bookings after final payment and often have lower solo supplements.

When cruises are first available for booking there are often good prices too.

XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf (application/pdf Object)

rci_sales_event.pdf (application/pdf Object)

These are usually for bookings after final payment and often have lower solo supplements.

When cruises are first available for booking there are often good prices too.

How do you qualify for the 3/4 rate? Is this for travel agents and interline rates?