Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I went end of July-August....I had to return to the ship at noon in Venice and cool off in the pool. Brutally hot and humid. Pompeii was the worst! Japanese tourists were smart. They brought umbrellas. No shade in Pompeii.

I've done a Med cruise in mid-November as well as transatlantics that started in the Med at that time of year. You can get a bad day of weather, as you can any time of the year. On my Med cruise Athens was cold and windy. But I'd take that time of year, even with a risk of cold weather, over the really hot and REALLY crowded summers in the Med...no contest. I'd highly recommend it. If you are worried about rough water, bring a seasickness remedy...and bring an umbrella and raincoat just in case! :)

Thanks for the reassuring words regarding the weather. I just returned from the Mediterranean a week ago, and it was crowded, but not blistering hot. I am a hot weather person v. cold (LOL). I always carry a raincoat and umbrella for the heat and rain. While in Rome, we had heavy rain, and that was the day I forgot to pack my umbrella. The vendors were everywhere selling umbrella's so I came home with two.

I can't pass up this one, so I'm going to book. Some of the ports are ones I just visited, so if the weather is bad, I'll stay on board.

Norwegian Gem out of NYC, 7 day cruise.

August 22nd, 2015- $799 inside; 1,199 balcony

August 29th, 2015- $699 inside; 1,099 balcony

Both sailing have no single supplement. I am thinking of going to one of those sailings but want to wait and see if there will be more solo/singles not too far from my age(35-50).

Edited by cruiseelady

Thanks for the reassuring words regarding the weather. I just returned from the Mediterranean a week ago, and it was crowded, but not blistering hot. I am a hot weather person v. cold (LOL). I always carry a raincoat and umbrella for the heat and rain. While in Rome, we had heavy rain, and that was the day I forgot to pack my umbrella. The vendors were everywhere selling umbrella's so I came home with two.

I can't pass up this one, so I'm going to book. Some of the ports are ones I just visited, so if the weather is bad, I'll stay on board.

I went to Herculaneum both in July and again in mid-November and there was no comparison--we were almost the only people there in November even though it was a gorgeous day. It was just wonderful, we could walk around and see everything without anyone else in the way, unlike in July when it was both horribly hot/humid and packed with people. After that November trip to see the difference in crowds, and being pretty crowd-phobic, I decided I'm never going to the Med in the summer again! :)

I have noticed my roll call is dead and I am going in Sept on NCL. Wonder why as my ship is pretty full. Almost all studio rooms are taken.

Lots of people lurk and do not post. I occasionally post on cc, but rarely on FB

Cruising solo is expensive in my area this year. Last year I got a porthole room on a 5 night cruise for $499 and I got like $70 OBC. This year in July it's like $800 for an interior room. Prices start to go down the end of August so I'm looking at a 5 night on Aug 31st. Interior is $598 if you let them pick the room. I don't want to end up with an upper/lower so my next option is pick my own interior for $658. Or I can let them pick my room for $658 and get ocean view. That would guarantee no upper/lower and I get a window. I tried to get some OBC out of them but no luck. After taxes, port fees, tips, internet, cheers, and more tips I figure I'm looking at $1250 in Sept where my total was about $950 last year in July. I have to book this weekend or roll the dice because their rep said the prices are going up to $800 next week.

Cruising solo is expensive in my area this year. Last year I got a porthole room on a 5 night cruise for $499 and I got like $70 OBC. This year in July it's like $800 for an interior room. Prices start to go down the end of August so I'm looking at a 5 night on Aug 31st. Interior is $598 if you let them pick the room. I don't want to end up with an upper/lower so my next option is pick my own interior for $658. Or I can let them pick my room for $658 and get ocean view. That would guarantee no upper/lower and I get a window. I tried to get some OBC out of them but no luck. After taxes, port fees, tips, internet, cheers, and more tips I figure I'm looking at $1250 in Sept where my total was about $950 last year in July. I have to book this weekend or roll the dice because their rep said the prices are going up to $800 next week.

Which cruise ship/ itinerary?

Francois

I gave in and booked this morning. Now watch the price go down tomorrow :eek:

I've watched cruises that I have booked go down in price.....and I call them and usually get a cabin upgrade. Nothing to worry about.

I've watched cruises that I have booked go down in price.....and I call them and usually get a cabin upgrade. Nothing to worry about.

Last year I got OBC when the price went down. But this one I booked under Super Saver. It said no price protection. I guess I can still try for something if it does go down.

It helps if you get a Personal Vacation Planner at the individual cruise line. Then, if you see a deal you think you like, you can call your PVP and he/she will tell you if they can do better for you. I found out the hard way about this on the cruise I booked for this December. I called the PVP after I had actually booked it myself. She told me if I had checked with her, she could have gotten me the same deal, but with price protection added. Right now I have no price protection. [emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It helps if you get a Personal Vacation Planner at the individual cruise line. Then, if you see a deal you think you like, you can call your PVP and he/she will tell you if they can do better for you. I found out the hard way about this on the cruise I booked for this December. I called the PVP after I had actually booked it myself. She told me if I had checked with her, she could have gotten me the same deal, but with price protection added. Right now I have no price protection. [emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I talked to one of those on Friday trying to get some OBC. He wouldn't do anything for me that I couldn't already get on the website. Actually he was trying to sell me on a 4-day cruise the week before my 5-day and it was only $20 more total to go to the 5-day. Fortunately I went into that call already knowing the different cruises and prices.

Edited by Saint Greg

Last year I got OBC when the price went down. But this one I booked under Super Saver. It said no price protection. I guess I can still try for something if it does go down.

Super saver is the most restrictive rate. It's pretty much over with any changes or possible upgrades after you book. Yet, its never a bad idea to call if you see a huge drop,they often don't adhere to their own rules.

Here's the T&C

SUPER SAVER

Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person and based on double occupancy. Offer is capacity controlled. Carnival reserves the right to withdraw and/or change offer at any time without prior notice. Cruise Fare does not include Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses. Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses range from $42.38 to $324.27, and are assessed on a per guest basis and according to the itinerary. A non-refundable and non-transferable deposit is required at the time of booking. Full names are required for each guest. No name changes are allowed. Category restrictions and exclusions apply. Offer is applicable to guarantee categories IS/OV/BL/ST only. Guest may select stateroom type (e.g. interior, ocean view, balcony or suite), but Carnival assigns the deck and location of the stateroom. Stateroom assignment will be provided at the time of check in on embarkation day. Super Saver fare does not qualify for price protection. Subsequent upgrades in lieu of price protection will no longer be offered. Cancellation penalties apply. Request rate code PSV.*

It has been posted, but I want to get on the list too:)

NCL Gem out of NYC solo prices Aug 29th :D

I am planning to book that sailing but later on, like last minute. I want the price to drop. So will book a week or less before sailing.

Are you going on it?

I have booked Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas-- Oct 7 (15 nights) and Oct 22 (7 nights). Interesting Asia itinerary. Single price about $100 per night when you book in UK. (http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/) perhaps less with a UK travel agent.

I've seen that on the website of a TA that I use. I can't make the October dates as I'm on Brilliance in September and Explorer in early October. There are more dates on the RCI website, so if there is a good deal for January I will be booking. I would love to go back to that part of the world.

I have booked Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas-- Oct 7 (15 nights) and Oct 22 (7 nights). Interesting Asia itinerary. Single price about $100 per night when you book in UK. (http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/) perhaps less with a UK travel agent.

Do you know if you're getting a special rate? When I check the cruse line UK site for the Oct 22nd 7 day from Singapore, the first price I see is £349, but when I click through to the actual pricing I get £599 (guaranteed inside), which is more than the US site ($856, also guar. inside).

Edit: oops, UK included port/tax. Taking it out of the UK price makes £541, which is exactly the same as the US price.

Edited by RandoCalrissian
My error - US and UK site are the same, US is NOT cheaper

Do you know if you're getting a special rate? When I check the cruse line UK site for the Oct 22nd 7 day from Singapore, the first price I see is £349, but when I click through to the actual pricing I get £599 (guaranteed inside), which is more than the US site ($856, also guar. inside).

Edit: oops, UK included port/tax. Taking it out of the UK price makes £541, which is exactly the same as the US price.

Sorry, the price has gone up. The 15 day is now 1179 GBP or $1830. Still not a bad price. The 7 day is now, as you said 599 GBP or 933 usd. So the US price is better. Not a bad deal, but you may do better from an agent.

Sorry, the price has gone up. The 15 day is now 1179 GBP or $1830. Still not a bad price. The 7 day is now, as you said 599 GBP or 933 usd. So the US price is better. Not a bad deal, but you may do better from an agent.

No worries, great deals rarely stick around for long these days. I was also wondering if RCCL UK was serving up the 599 gbp price to me because it saw me coming from the US instead of the UK, but this seems not to be the case. Thanks for checking.

Solo deal on Azamara Journey for an oceanview gty. 11 days around the Med leaving Athens on Oct 21'15, ending in Monte Carlo on Nov 1'15.

$2200 all-in, $200/day.

Bookable directly with cruise line.

See attached pdf for full details.

Fantastic deal for a solo! I loved my Azamara cruise. If only I could travel in mid-late October...