Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Last minute deal. 12 days, Norwegian Spirit, leaves Aug 25 from Barcelona, going to Venice. No solo supp in any category.

Inside $699, tax $172, tips $162, total $1033 (or less than $900 if you take the free grats package - the drinks package is also offered). $75 bucks a day, all-in, for a late summer Med cruise sounds pretty good.

Choose between
-Five meals of Specialty Dining for first two guests
-Ultimate Beverage Package
-Free Stateroom Gratuities
-250 Free WiFi Minutes

Oceanview $200 more, balcony $500 more. No residency discount and bookable direct with NCL if you like.

Last minute air from the US is, of course, expensive. But there seems to be reasonable award availability on United and American if you've got miles and can stay a day or two after arriving in Venice. Delta, not surprisingly, has worse availability, but it's not impossible either.

This cruise sure has come way down in price.

387914840_Screenshotfrom2015-08-20161108.jpg.00ba6536680a0a3d9f3d54c715719884.jpg

Last minute deal. 12 days, Norwegian Spirit, leaves Aug 25 from Barcelona, going to Venice. No solo supp in any category.

Inside $699, tax $172, tips $162, total $1033 (or less than $900 if you take the free grats package - the drinks package is also offered). $75 bucks a day, all-in, for a late summer Med cruise sounds pretty good.

Choose between
-250 Free WiFi Minutes

Oceanview $200 more, balcony $500 more. No residency discount and bookable direct with NCL if you like.

Last minute air from the US is, of course, expensive. But there seems to be reasonable award availability on United and American if you've got miles and can stay a day or two after arriving in Venice. Delta, not surprisingly, has worse availability, but it's not impossible either.

Now that's a quality post! Thanks for sharing!

Now that's a quality post! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks - I'd be all over this deal if I hadn't already booked the NCL Jade transatlantic in for this coming October. I'm suffering from a bit of buyer's remorse - the price has dropped from what I paid and I could now get an oceanview for less than my inside - but it hasn't dropped enough that I'm willing to pull more cash out of my pocket for a balcony.

If anyone is looking for a transatlantic cruise, take a look at the one I'm on. 50% solo supp, but low base fare.

NCL Jade, 16 days from Barcelona to Houston, with stops in Madeira, St. Thomas & Miami. You can also get a 13 day that ends in Miami, but it's more expensive than the 16 day :confused:.

Leaves Oct 29 '15 and gets to Houston on Nov 14th.

Inside $899 (cheapest price so far for this cruise!) plus $127 tax and $216 tips. It has the deal where NCL pays the tips, and if you take that deal, you're on the water for 16 days for $1026, or $64 / day.

Oceanview $150 more, balcony $600 more. No residency or other special deals needed to get this price.

Choose between
-Six meals of Specialty Dining for first two guests
-250 Free WiFi Minutes

If you happen to live near an airport served by either Norwegian Air (the airline, not the cruise line's flight booking service) or Aeroflot, you can get one ways to Barcelona for under $400 (I checked New York & LA) around this date. Probably works from elsewhere too - I haven't checked though.

If you live in Europe, there are some reasonable one-ways from Houston to Toronto on United and onward on Iceland Air leaving IAH at 2pm on the 14th - under $600 for the few cities I checked at Google flights.

If you go with Norwegian Air, you can save a bit more by booking on the Norwegian version of their site instead of US or Europe - you'll pay in Norwegian Kroner, and even with credit card foreign exchange fees and 2% for Norwegian's CC surcharge, you're still way ahead. Their premium (aka business) class isn't that much more, and seems like it might be worth booking. More info here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-european-airlines/1687041-state-booking-norwegian.html

407376519_Screenshotfrom2015-08-21145551.jpg.94a42e6b7480534c4468f2634d1b1677.jpg

Choose between
-250 Free WiFi Minutes

Rando

I did as you described and it did come in at $871. Each time i find a cruise I might want do I have to go through the entire mock booking process??

Rando

I did as you described and it did come in at $871.

$871 is the total all-in price as I see it ($699 inside + $172 tax + included gratuities as the selected NCL package).

Norwegian is pretty bad about showing solo fares - they always seem to show a full 200% fare at the first step and they only show the correct fare at the end. My two screenshots from NCL's site for this 12 day Spirit cruise are attached so people can see what I mean.

Each time i find a cruise I might want do I have to go through the entire mock booking process??

Some lines seems to be better than others for proper solo quotes. The Carnival and Princess sites seem to be pretty good about showing the correct solo price upfront. Everyone else I always walk through the entire booking process to find the real price. Fortunately there are a few shortcuts I use to narrow down the interesting cruise list so I don't spend all day checking prices at the cruise line sites.

• I use the Canadian subsite of a huge US online TA (they sell air, hotels, everything) that has a mostly-working search engine where you can set one person in a cabin. (The US version of the site doesn't let you do this)

• I also use the fan site Cruiseplum for their working solo search and sortable by price-per-day list. It's biggest drawback for me is that it doesn't have as many cruise lines as a TA. (since they're not commercial and don't sell anything, I think it's ok to mention here)

• I look at the solo lists on some of the cruise-focused TAs as well, but I find them harder to search through than the first two, and use them mainly for the lines not covered by the first two.

ncl_com_first_step_showing_WRONG_price.jpg.420b657f1f4b5a110f7d6003afbd7657.jpg

ncl_com_second_step_showing_CORRECT_price.jpg.a2f8c29d60d3ae33aff82ada65f09427.jpg

Rando

I did as you described and it did come in at $871. Each time i find a cruise I might want do I have to go through the entire mock booking process??

Some price tracking sites cary Solo rates so often capture the real fare in their data set.

The best one caught the Jade US pricing

Some price tracking sites cary Solo rates so often capture the real fare in their data set.

Can the sites' names you use be shared here? Or at least give us a hint so we can all benefit? I'm always looking to add to my bookmark collection.

Thanks in advance!

Can the sites' names you use be shared here? Or at least give us a hint so we can all benefit? I'm always looking to add to my bookmark collection.

Thanks in advance!

No because CC have their own price tracker(but it does not work)

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/price-drop/

I do find search engines quite good at finding things.

Transatlantic NCL Epic October 30, 2016. Barcelona to Port Canaveral. Thirteen (13) days with 2 ports of call: Tenerife, Canary Islands and Puerto Rico plus 10 days at sea... $1349 plus tax for a Studio cabin. Basically $100 per day for a relaxing cruise.

Edited by Hondu

Can the sites' names you use be shared here? Or at least give us a hint so we can all benefit?

insidecabin, your reference to the "best one" was ambiguous to me and didn't lead me to conclude that it was definitely a TA site. It could have been someone's personal blog, or a neutral tool like ExpertFlyer (but for cruises instead of flights). But maybe I'm just dense.

Given the "go google it" response, I'm going to assume that it was a TA. Which is why I asked if it was possible to share, not whether you were willing to share.

Let's get back to the purpose of the thread - deals. Here's two:

$255 transatlantic in March 2016, 13 days. Adding in taxes, fees and tips brings it to $474, or $36/day. No solo supplement. Better cabins available for not much more. If interested, google it. ;)

Just kidding. It's been a while since I've seen Pullmantur mentioned in this thread. The cruise is on the Pullmantur Sovereign from Salvador, Brazil to Barcelona leaving on March 6'16.

Getting this price using an English site may not be that easy though. It only seems to show up on the cruise line's Brazilian site for me (not US). The Pullmantur UK site looks to be affiliated with a TA that's showing much higher prices. I also tried an online quote with the US TA that mrobstad named on the prior page of this thread, and was also much higher.

Pullmantur's site seems willing to handle people from a long list of countries on the booking page (looks like it's payment off-line). If you're interested in the cruise, this seems like it might be one of those situations where it's worth getting fare info from the cruise line to know what they're charging and then decide how to book.

Pic from cruise line site attached. 3.6 R$ roughly equals 1 US$.

Also, RCCL Vision OTS transatlantic Barcelona to Miami leaving Oct 30'15 had a big drop today, and is now well under $100/day incl. tips. Full 200% supplement for those who want the double points.

1778392877_Screenshotfrom2015-08-25144534.jpg.f9631328f3671a2abe310033402a0e5f.jpg

1899058777_Screenshotfrom2015-08-25144436.jpg.5f3785a8381cc477d23556e1f1f31fa3.jpg

Perhaps if the person who wants to share a specific website without directly naming it, could say "It's the one that sounds like...ice wine, or bugle." That way, interested people would know if they're on the right track. I've seen TV hosts do that when they want to say something negative about a company without getting sued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps if the person who wants to share a specific website without directly naming it, could say "It's the one that sounds like...ice wine, or bugle." That way, interested people would know if they're on the right track. I've seen TV hosts do that when they want to say something negative about a company without getting sued.

I tried that several years ago and my post was deleted and I was sent a warning by the mods.

Bottom line they don't want to drive traffic away from this site without getting advertising $$$.

Edited by DaytonCruiser

Great idea....or even provide the initials, or some sort of a hint.

I tried that several years ago and my post was deleted and I was sent a warning by the mods.

Bottom line they don't want to drive traffic away from this site without getting advertising $$$.

This kind of censorship is an unbelievably archaic way of trying to prevent other sites from getting clicks/money. I'm on a lot of different forums for all kinds of different topics, and only in the travel industry do you see this silliness.

I understand there's some sort of 'we want to stop TA spammers' explanation, but I think we all know box stores and NON-TA price tracking sites aren't spending a lot of time shilling here.

agree, I;m here for the bargains, not the tangential BS.

I'm looking for a reasonably priced solo rate for a 7-10 night cruise out of a US port or even Puerto Rico, from either of the big three Carnv, Norweeg, Royal - for sometime this fall but not a kids vacation week. Pref to Royal because I have a partial credit to use. Something un $1500 or less, outside or balcony. Newer ship preferred, not the Escstacy that I sailed in 1995.

Not sure if this is attainable...

Carnival has a number of 10- and 11-day cruises called Carnival Journeys at good rates that should fit your criteria. Here's information about two of them, but there are more.

Carnival Journeys - 11 Day Southern Caribbean

from Galveston, TX

Aboard: Carnival Triumph

Sails to: Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Aruba; Bonaire; Grenada; Martinique; St. Maarten, NA; San Juan, Puerto Rico

Finish: San Juan, Puerto Rico

Oct 24, 2015 (Sat - Wed)

$679.00 Interior

$749.00 Ocean View

$949.00 Balcony

$1,929.00 Suites

Carnival Journeys - 10 Day Eastern Caribbean

from San Juan, Puerto Rico

Sails to: St. Thomas, USVI; St Kitts, WI; St. Maarten, NA; Antigua; Grand Turk; Half Moon Cay, The Bahamas; Galveston, TX

Finish: Galveston, TX

Nov 4, 2015 (Wed - Sat)

$449.00 Interior

$499.00 Ocean View

$799.00 Balcony

$1,859.00 Suites

insidecabin, your reference to the "best one" was ambiguous to me and didn't lead me to conclude that it was definitely a TA site. It could have been someone's personal blog, or a neutral tool like ExpertFlyer (but for cruises instead of flights). But maybe I'm just dense.

Given the "go google it" response, I'm going to assume that it was a TA. Which is why I asked if it was possible to share, not whether you were willing to share.

Price tracking sites there are not that many that show the history of pricing, and fewer that show historic pricing of past cruises.

agree, I;m here for the bargains, not the tangential BS.

I'm looking for a reasonably priced solo rate for a 7-10 night cruise out of a US port or even Puerto Rico, from either of the big three Carnv, Norweeg, Royal - for sometime this fall but not a kids vacation week. Pref to Royal because I have a partial credit to use. Something un $1500 or less, outside or balcony. Newer ship preferred, not the Escstacy that I sailed in 1995.

Not sure if this is attainable...

Can you do a 12 night? RCCL Liberty of the Seas repositioning leaving from New Jersey on November 1st. Ends in Galveston. Window cabin for a total of $1570 to include taxes.

Edited by 9876

Carnival has a number of 10- and 11-day cruises called Carnival Journeys at good rates that should fit your criteria. Here's information about two of them, but there are more.

Carnival Journeys - 11 Day Southern Caribbean

from Galveston, TX

Sails to: Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Aruba; Bonaire; Grenada; Martinique; St. Maarten, NA; San Juan, Puerto Rico

Finish: San Juan, Puerto Rico

Oct 24, 2015 (Sat - Wed)

$679.00 Interior

$749.00 Ocean View

$949.00 Balcony

$1,929.00 Suites

Carnival Journeys - 10 Day Eastern Caribbean

from San Juan, Puerto Rico

Sails to: St. Thomas, USVI; St Kitts, WI; St. Maarten, NA; Antigua; Grand Turk; Half Moon Cay, The Bahamas; Galveston, TX

Finish: Galveston, TX

Nov 4, 2015 (Wed - Sat)

$449.00 Interior

$499.00 Ocean View

$799.00 Balcony

$1,859.00 Suites

I don't see prices this low at all at Carnival.com. Are you getting them somewhere else?

I've never been able to find the mystery sites people allude to, and my google skills are pretty well developed. I kind of wish this silly information wall wasn't in place.

try

cruise price tracker

for me Cruise critic come top followed by a few others pick the one that works for you.

(found a new one for me to try0

The more people that can find the deals the more people can contribute a post here rather than just read.